Thread: Pump Overrun??

Pump Overrun??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, My Unico Splendour is exhibiting some strange behaviour and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on why? When the unit is turned on at any time the pump fires up, fills the boiler but then once the boiler is full it continues to run but only very gently (it is a barely audible hum) and if left to run, after about 30 seconds it starts to pulse, gradually getting louder until I turn it off, worried that it might be damaging something. Everything else functions normally while it is turned on. The unit has been fully dismantled, cleaned/descaled and parts replaced (including a new "autofill" box) about twelve months ago and has run like a dream since - so this has me puzzled. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TC

Re: Pump Overrun??

Hello Crema,

This can be caused by a variety of factors.

Check that its not simply that the lever is activating the group microswitch in the lowered position.

If this is not the cause of the fault, Id suggest its tech time for some problem solving. At 12 months, it may be due for a check over and shower screen/group seal anyway.

Good luck.

Chris