Thread: Announcing new member of the Bezzera Club.

Announcing new member of the Bezzera Club.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just got a nice used Bezzera BZ35 plumb-in. Could not resist the price. Was reading here that a static reservoir/tank can be used instead of plumbing in the Bezzera BZ35 with procon pump. Being this is an older thread is it still considered a good idea? Any negatives to this approach? Ed

Site Sponsor

Re: Announcing new member of the Bezzera Club.

Ed,

Sorry mate that is a BZ99. 1.5 lt boiler 1300w heating elememt, it come into the market as tank (S) or plum-in (R).

As for your picture look like like is the tank model, but I might be wrong because you are in the USA.

Any way enjoy your machine it is a great machine.

Regards

Renzo

could it be rebadged as a BZ35 in the states?

certainly looks identical to my old BZ99 which was the tank model

think i remember seeing them reviewed as a BZ35 on coffeegeek

anyway - great machine, makes great coffee: enjoy!

Pat

Gday farmroast,

Long time no see mate..... Heres a link to the current model BZ-35 parts manual which has a heap of exploded diagrams in it that are a great help. Just on initial appearances, yours looks very similar to the unit depicted in the manual..... An easy way to pick the difference between the 99 and the 35 is that the former has a vertical boiler and the latter a horizontal one. Hope this helps a bit....

Cheers,
    Mal.

Well it arrived yesterday! It is a BZ99 with reservoir(not a BZ35 as was listed in the ebay listing) so no worries of plumbing in. Im still pleased with it and seems it is in nice condition(going to test it out today). For $200. I cant complain. It has a capsule insert in the portafilter which will not be used again! The shower screen was taken out I think to use the capsule insert so I will need to get one as well as filter basket. We dont seem to have a major Bezzera dealer in US( but hope to find these basic parts here). If I cant find a part in US will Barazi ship to US or is there another suggestion?

Everything seems to be working well! Now I just have the problem with changing it from the capsule setup to a grind setup. Saw a capsule kit on the Bezzera site that had a number of parts to it. Almost seems there is more that will have to be changed than just adding a shower screen with screw? Any experience with this? Ed

Site Sponsor

It is very easy to change to a coffee, get a flat screw driver and remove the shower and the distribution plate and that is all.

there are few distributors of Bezzeras *in the USA. *Other wise try Pasquini over.

Or call my friend from Colonial Espresso in Miami he should be able to help you.

www.colonialespresso.com

Regards

Renzo

Renzo Just wanted to check with you before I start. This is what is there. thanks again for your help, Ed

Site Sponsor

Ed,

You are missing the following parts:

Shower Holder D57 (5285501)
    Shower D 57 (5470501)
    Screw TPS M5X16 (7617001)

This parts are the same in the BZ02 machine, so if you can find some one like wholelattelover in the USA he should be able to supply you with this parts.

BZ02 is like the BZ99 the only changes are in the Outside and the steam/water valve otherwise they use the same parts and parts numbers.

regards

Renzo

Renzo Many thanks! Ed

Just happen to have a Parts Manual for the BZ-99 Ed..... Heres a link to a file hosting service where you can download it :). Not sure how long before file(s) are cleared from this site but if you download asap all will be ok,

Cheers,
    Mal.

Mal Thanks for the file! parts found and ordered, CS "The most helpful coffee forum on the planet"! Ed

Site Sponsor

I found this people around your area. They are Pasquini distributors. It may help.

Bay State Espresso LLC

468 Canal St.

Lawrence, MA. 01840

Tel. 978-686-5049

Fax. 978-686-8622

Open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday Thru Friday

Saturday by Appointment

Closed Sunday

Email Addresses:

Service Department: service@baystateespresso.com

Regards

I emailed Bezzera IT and they got right back to me with "Espresso Plus" in Medford Mass., and who to ask for. They have only been a Bezzera dist. for 7 months.They took over the area for a very long time Bezzera dist. that recently died. The parts should be here in a day or so. Everything else seems in great shape. The Bezzera is nicely built. Matches nicely in simplicity with my Olympia Cremina and Mazzer Major. thanks again, holiday shots for all!, Ed

Still have a question. I got the parts as advised. Then got a super deal on a vintage NIB Olympia Maximatic and have been playing with it. Now Im back working on the Bezzera. I got the right screw m5x16 but the opening seems too small for the screw, cant even get it started. Can see threads up in the hole with a bit of scale that Im going to clean but doesnt seem to be the reason I cant even get the screw started. As the picture above shows there a no other holes for water to enter the shower holder so where is the water to enter? The machine had been used for pods and I assume the water came down where the screw will be. Ed

Quote Originally Posted by farmroast link=1196126442/0#14 date=1200001911
    I got the right screw m5x16 but the opening seems too small for the screw, cant even get it started. Can see threads up in the hole with a bit of scale that Im going to clean but doesnt seem to be the reason I cant even get the screw started. As the picture above shows there a no other holes for water to enter the shower holder so where is the water to enter? The machine had been used for pods and I assume the water came down where the screw will be. Ed
    Hello Ed,

Just happen to have one of these Groups laying about ::)..... As you can see from the photo, viewed from the top of the Group, there are 4 holes (3 are visible) drilled through the counter-sunk section of the top of the hole that the shower-screen screw screws into (you can just see the top of the screw). These are the holes that allow water to feed through into the Dispersion Plate and then through the Shower-screen.

Hopefully, the reason you cant get the screw started is just down to scale build-up. Otherwise, you may have to drill and tap the hole to suit the new Screw. Hope that helps Ed. All the best mate :),

Mal.

Thanks Mal Well I guess Bezzera made a separate group for pods. I took mine off and there are not the four holes in the recess as in your photo. And now I cant see any threads in the center hole either. I think I can drill the four holes if I can find out the diameter and about what angle as to where the holes should come out on the bottom side. Im hoping the center hole is the same or smaller than the drill size needed to tap and then use the m5x16 screw. Or find another group. Or just sell resell it as a pod machine. Much bigger project than I had hoped.
    thanks again,
    Ed

Bummer Ed :(,

Ill measure the holes in my group, as well as the angle theyre drilled and post it back up here for you mate. What a pity they just didnt use the same Group with an additional fitting to make it suitable for Pods. Oh well, you live and learn I guess :-?.

Back soon Ed :),
    Mal.

Gday again Ed,

Heres the data for the Group Coupling Ring from my machine, and as near as I can tell, I believe it should be the same for a BZ-35 like you have. Sorry for the very basic sketch but its about the best I can manage these days..... Alright for illustrative purposes anyway.

Let me know how you get on Ed and whether I may be of any further assistance at all.

Cheers mate :),
    Mal.

Thanks Mal. I never saw in any of the Bezzera info. that there was a different group bell made for pods. I found someone local who might have a used bell for me but I want to at least try converting this one. The info you gave me is perfect. A challenge every once in a while keeps life interesting and the crema sweeter. thanks again for your efforts!!! Ed

As always, youre most welcome Ed.... Hope it all works out ok, let us know how you get on,

Cheers :),
    Mal.

This is an old thread & Im sorry for bumping it back up.*

But I wanted to thank the user that had posted up the hole locations / size / pattern for the pod -> ground coffee conversion.*

Worked marvelously on a BZ99 I had picked up.* Had a local machinist that does work for my company put the holes in at no charge.*

If you have easy access to metric drill bits, the holes in theory should be 2.5mm (slightly smaller than .100").* *The center hole for the pods is for an M5 screw (ie. 5mm) 4 -* 2.5mm holes have the same exact area as the 5mm hole and will thus allow for the same flow.*