Thread: Servicing - machines treated like ..

Servicing - machines treated like ..

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Guys :),

Im new at posting - been a fan for a while however..

Just wanting to know whether any of you have had problems w/ taking in a machine you treasure for repair and received it back in a less conditioned manner..

Had my ECM Giotto taken in, looks like my e-61 head was used as rest support for the machine whilst the machine was been serviced -

scuffs and small dings everywhere on the front of the E-61 on an otherwise flawless finish :-[

Is this acceptable or would you have them replace the component... appreciate your kind advice..

Thanks

TC

Re: Servicing - machines treated like ..

I cannot think of any Giotto service I have ever performed which would require the machine to be tipped on its front...

Not good enough in my opinion and a legitimate reason to make some noise...

Chris

Thank you Chris..

Ill be calling them this week w/ an explanation on how these marking and dents suddenly appear on my unit...! :( - mate I love this thing - take plenty of care with it, and one lousy technician ruins my day - they can simply change the compartment :( - appreciate your imput -

And there lies the value of our site sponsors...

Fortunately, they were made aware of the issue and were kind enough w/ persuasion to change the part - they belive transportinbg of the unit to have been the casue rather than the servicing, either way should have a shiny new 61 fitted by the weeks end - meantime its instant coffee - Just kidding! ;D

Gday SCP,
    did you send your machine via a courier, or did you hand deliver it? If it was sent via courier, the explanation provided by the service tech is probably correct.
    I had to send my Giotto back to ECM (via courier) for some repair work, and when it came back it looked as if it had been dropped onto the floor. The drip tray was bent up at some horrible angle, which also damaged the chassis. A quick phone call/email to ECM and it was back up there for a further repair. When it came back, it had been modified to strengthen the chassis, so no more problems in transit.
    A tip that Charles at ECM passed on was to write "No top loading" on the box in big letters. Seeing as the machine is quite heavy, the couriers will generally put it on the bottom of a stack of boxes, which damages the machine.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey link=1197722824/0#5 date=1197947382
    Gday SCP,
    did you send your machine via a courier, or did you hand deliver it? If it was sent via courier, the explanation provided by the service tech is probably correct.
    I had to send my Giotto back to ECM (via courier) for some repair work, and when it came back it looked as if it had been dropped onto the floor. The drip tray was bent up at some horrible angle, which also damaged the chassis. A quick phone call/email to ECM and it was back up there for a further repair. When it came back, it had been modified to strengthen the chassis, so no more problems in transit.
    A tip that Charles at ECM passed on was to write "No top loading" on the box in big letters. Seeing as the machine is quite heavy, the couriers will generally put it on the bottom of a stack of boxes, which damages the machine.
    You lose either way Lovey,

If you write no top load, then they put it on top of something else, drive like a lunatic and then it falls off and gets trashed anyway *::).. ECA delivered a Domobar super to me a couple of weeks ago...The back corner of the machine was pushed up at least 5 cm from where it should have been. Total write off of a gorgeous machine...This story is just one of perhaps 10 incidents in the last two months....

I just love freight companies...

Chris

I guess even the smallest of dents, alteration to a machine making it less conditioned to what it was prior to servicing- mkaes it unnaceptable.

Know my unit, has a ding, dent somewhere, might be hard for others to see however I know its there - careful handling is all that is required -

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1197722824/0#6 date=1197948623
    I just love freight companies...
    Chris
    ...Especially those who lose your precious cargo for a whole week, and get testy when you ring them and inquire about the fate of said cargo. But then, Im stupid enough to think that the shortest distance between Sydney and Melbourne is kind of north-south. The courier deemed it best if it headed west, spent a few days in Perth, ingognito, first .