Thread: Rotary Pump Install - ECM Giotto

Rotary Pump Install - ECM Giotto

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Guys,

I was wondering with a little more use than normal my current ECM Giotto is equipped with the standard vibration pump.

I using the machine in a setting where 10-15 shots a day are now being pulled, unsure whether a vibration pump is aqequate with this long term use.

First is it possible to add/change vibration pump to a rotary pump w/ ease?

Id like the pump to be enclosed within the unit - is this possible and what cost approx. would I be looking at?

Merry Christmas to ALL -

Re: Rotary Pump Install - ECM Giotto

I think if it was just a matter of installing a new pump then high end reservoir machines wouldnt use vibe pumps at all. I think I remember reading that rotary pumps need to be plumbed in for some reason... Im sure someone can confirm this though.

TC

Re: Rotary Pump Install - ECM Giotto

Quote Originally Posted by scp1906 link=1198109917/0#0 date=1198109917
    Guys,

I was wondering with a little more use than normal my current ECM Giotto is equipped with the standard vibration pump.

I using the machine in a setting where 10-15 shots a day are now being pulled, unsure whether a vibration pump is aqequate with this long term use.

First is it possible to add/change vibration pump to a rotary pump w/ ease?

Id like the pump to be enclosed within the unit - is this possible and what cost approx. would I be looking at?

Merry Christmas to ALL -
    Hi scp,

Firstly the tank, tank cradle and associated plumbing etc would have to be removed and refashioned keeping plumbed in pressures in mind. Then, the Giotto control unit senses water in the tank by conductivity, so some way around this would need to be found.

Lastly, even with everything removed, space would be extremely tight, if not impossible for even the smallest procon pump and then your unit would have to be dedicated plumbed with associated filtration and pressure limitation- read $$$.

The drip tray is too low to attach a drain to and was not designed for that purpose- so youd need to find some taller legs. Of course the legs on the giotto are not generic so new legs would be needed and the chassis would need to be modified with custom threaded mounts to accommodate the new legs as well as the pump. Welding would be required, so you might want to remove everything once this has been done and have the chassis powdercoated again to protect it from corrosion.

One you have done all of this, you will of course have no warranty and chances are that no service agent will want to know about Giottostein...

ECM make a rotary pump Giotto- they call it the Veneziano S1 and charge accordingly for it (when it is actually available) ;)

Chris