Thread: Help - my Expobar Minore is broken!!

Help - my Expobar Minore is broken!!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Can someone help? I turned on my beloved Brewtus this morning, only to find that his indicator panel (that shows the temp) is not working. What do I do, there is nothing in the manual (surpirse). Where can I get him fixed - I live in country Victoria. Oh disaster, I really need my caffeine....

TC

Re: Help - my Expobar Minore is broken!!

Quote Originally Posted by needmycoffee link=1199833659/0#0 date=1199833659
    Can someone help? I turned on my beloved Brewtus this morning, only to find that his indicator panel (that shows the temp) is not working. What do I do, there is nothing in the manual (surpirse). Where can I get him fixed - I live in country Victoria. Oh disaster, I really need my caffeine....
    Most likely, this is either a controller board and/or thermostat which has failed and will need to be replaced.

I hope the machine is under warranty....$$$ to repair it...

Best bet is to call your supplier or Expobar direct.

Sorry for the bad news :(

Chris

I think Im going to cry, not long out of warranty. Thanks so much for your prompt reply Chris, much appreciated. Will contact supplier.
    Michelle

Probably a stupid question, but have you checked the water level?

The led display does blank when the water level cutout is activated.

Not a stupid question at all, but unfortunatley have already done it (thats what I originally thought when I turned it on) Thanks for your help!

Beat me to it fatboy, Ive have mini-stresses when Im using the machine and all of a sudden the temp display goes off.

Hopefully Expobar are nice to you and change it for you. If you have the first Minore/Brewtus I, I seem to remember there was an issue with condensation/water messing around with the control board/display; of which they have now rectified with in the Minore II (thankfully). Apparently back when it was first released there was no rubber seal around it, now there is and there hasnt been a problem.

Hopefully an easy and quick fix. Im not sure if the $$$ will be on your side though, but I guess its something you just have to do.

YZa

Have contacted my supplier, who is going to send it to Melbourne for me tomorrow, once I drop it off. Thanks for the info re the design fault, was wondering about that (it is the first one), as the machine is only about 1.5 years old. Will be sad if expensive to fix, but much sadder (not to mention potentially dangerous) for my family if I am deprived of my coffee whilst thesis-writing...
    Thanks for the advice, will use it all and let you know the outcome...
    meanwhile, a trip to the local cafe is in order...(wont they be surprised to see me, it has been a while)
    happy coffee break all!
    michelle

maybe one thing you could try is to determine whether the microswitch under the tank is working. It would be a simple thing to bypass it and try it.

Clint

Morning all! Well, good news - the good folk at Expobar have repaired my machine! They even did so under warranty, which was great as it was a little over 12 months old. It was the condensation thing with the control board, as you all predicted (clever clever). So am absolutely thrilled to have it back at home. Just one silly question though (and I had this problem when I first bought it, cant remember how I solved it though). When I turn it on, the pump is making noise to draw up the water, but nothing is being drawn up - what do I need to do? Have fiddled with position of hoses etc.
    Thanks again all!!

TC

Good to hear that Expobar looked after you NMC. The issue with earlier machines was unfortunate but the have been fantastic in getting things right for owners who have experienced issues.

Chances are that they emptied the boilers to freight your machine....

I open both wand valves and perhaps remove the water softener cartridge, cafully take the end off it and then fil it with water...

This will make it easier for the pump to refill the boilers.

Good luck!

Chris

sorry Chris - what do you mean by opening the wands? (do you mean the plastic tubes that go into the resevoir?)Have removed and filled the cartridge with no success.
    Thanks,
    Michelle

TC

Quote Originally Posted by needmycoffee link=1199833659/0#10 date=1200699768
    sorry Chris - what do you mean by opening the wands? (do you mean the plastic tubes that go into the resevoir?)Have removed and filled the cartridge with no success.
    Thanks,
    Michelle
    Sorry for not being clearer Michelle- the valves for the steam and hot water wands- i.e the handles ;)

Silly me - heh heh. Okay. have tried that. How long do I let the pump go for without drawing up any water? It is making that awful pump noise it makes when it first starts up, but not doing anything. Nothing is coming up the tubes. Sorry about all the questions!

TC

Id say no more than 30 sec. If no go, pop it back to your service guy and get them to overcome the air lock for you...

Thanks Chris - I have tried everything I can think of and all you have suggested. Looks like my machine will have to take another very long trip to Melbourne then...
    Thanks again

The same thing happened with my machine (Minore 1) & I returned it to the place of purchase. It is 2 years old, so out of warranty, but Expobar repaired it for free!! Apparently it is a known problem but they dont recall them, only wait for them to break down. I only found out yesterday! I am picking up my baby today.

[smiley=smiley.gif] Expobare Minore 1, mini mazzer, Pulman tampers x2, Presso ......

TC

Quote Originally Posted by lovemycoffee link=1199833659/15#15 date=1201126027
    The same thing happened with my machine (Minore 1) & I returned it to the place of purchase. It is 2 years old, so out of warranty, but Expobar repaired it for free!! Apparently it is a known problem but they dont recall them, only wait for them to break down. I only found out yesterday! I am picking up my baby today.

[smiley=smiley.gif] Expobare Minore 1, mini mazzer, Pulman tampers x2, Presso ......
    Expobar have been terrific in getting the earlier build machines right. I guess its just on of those things with technology.

All TC Minores sold in the last 12 months are fine and the problem is now solved. Its great to see them supporting the consumer.