Thread: Brugnetti Simona Top

Brugnetti Simona Top

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Greetings all

does any one have any opinion/info/advice about this machine?

My friend has one and he is looking to upgrade.

I was looking to get a Silvia but this might ba a chance to get a better machine.

Any info would be appreciated.

F.

Re: Brugnetti Simona Top

Gday Franco,

Dont know much about the machine myself but heres a link to a Users Review of a similar machine on CoffeeGeek.... :)

Mal.

Hi Mal

thanks for the info, I saw that review too. The thing that makes me a bit tentative is that it does not seem to be a popular or well known machine, for what thats worth.

Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

We have been the importer of Brugnetti Simon Tops over the years and have found them to be a pretty robust machine that keeps on keeping on.

We have not imported any machines in the country for some time now - and since we have launched the Diamond Italia (with the E61 group) - we have had little call for the Simona Top.

However rest assured we still continue to carry spare parts for this machine - and you will find that most Service Agents will have no problem finding there way around a Simona Top to repair it.

However if you have any queries about it - by all means contact our Service Department on (03) 9460 6111.

Fin

I just aquired a 95 Simona Top!!

The guy I baught it off never once cleaned it. EVER! My God what filth!

So I pulled the entire unit apart...scrubbed every piece, gave it a citric Acid bath, polished it up, made new Gasgets...

The auto fill circuit board failed but I was able to repair it (a degree in electronics does help!)

Powered it up and VUALA!!! Just Like New!

No Leaks...Clear Water...Boiler pressure stable...Auto fill fixed...Brilliant!

Some steele parts need replacing, but the brass is tip top!

Overall, I think the Brugnetti Simona Top is an excellent designed and built unit. Good handwork on the boiler,, robust, good pressure, good parts and seals.

Well

I have taken the plunge and banked on the Simona.

They are a robust machine and heavy too.

While I would love to get into pulling it appart, my difficulty is getting it all back together righ, so its going in for a full service as soon as I can get it there.

In the mean time, its about perfecting my technique.

Ciao

F.

Posted an email to Brugnetti, in my best Italian, asking for an English instruction book and any of the machine schematics last night. When I arrived home to check my email today, I found an email from Paulo Brugnetti with all the attachments. :o

Way to go

That has been my experience too Franco. I made similar queries to both Bezzera and La San Marco and received very helpful responses in next to no time. A lot to be said for support like that..... 8-)

Mal.

Hi Guys, I have owned a Simona Top for the past 2 years and this is a fantastic product. I bought this machine as the service agent is 5 minutes away and I live on the Sunshine Coast so this is important to me (after previous 2 instances with a cheaper machine). All of the group handles are standard commercial quality and the machine has a large boiler with plenty capacity to do steam. The machine has a heat exchanger to lower the temperature for brewing and both operations can be performed at the same time. I dont use the pre programmed buttons and prefer to watch the quantitys and flow rates into the cups. The only problem that I had with it was the heater element died after 18 months of daily use. No probs with spares availability or price and it was repaired within a week (5 mins from home). I nearly bought a Silvia but this machine was better value for money, could brew and texture simultaniously and is fully robust. You dont need to play around with the steam wand, it works fine. The fact that it doesnt have a hot water wand is not an issue. I can recommend the machine

Fin

Hi coolmmm,

May I ask what you paid for the machine initially, and how much was the replacement Heater Element?

cheers,
    fin.

Hi I paid $1200 for the machine (was claimed to be $2000 machine) and the element was $120. I think it is good value for money. What do you think and do you know the retail or going price for this machine?, cheers