Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TC

Thread: Giotto Rocket espresso machine

Giotto Rocket espresso machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    :-/Im considering buying the Giotto Rocket expresso machine - all dials, chrome and pipes, and modelled on a traditional early Italian expresso machine - I believe manufactured in Australia. *Around $1,700. *Not for commercial use, but mid to top end home use (Im a barrista of sorts - local coffee shop/take-away, and looking for something substantial, but not in the $3K range, nor fully automatic).

Anyone used one (the Giotto Rocket) or know anything about it ? *I can only find sales sites on the web - but no user comments.

Thanks

Re: Giotto Rocket expresso machine

Welcome Barryster,

I am sure you will find planet of information on the Giotto around here. A number of people own them, most of them ECM Giotto though as Rocket has recently taken over the Giotto, which there is information on this site about that transition. It is a great machine but I am afraid that $1700 is not the price of a new Giotto, WELL over $2000 (unless it is second hand) if my memory serves me right. For the $1700 mark you would get something like my machine, an Expobar, which is a Spanish machine.

I have no doubt you will get more comments on this.

TC

Hi Barryster and welcome,

Brett is correct in his comments in that if you can purchase a Giotto for $1700, Ill have 10!

Please feel free to call, PM or email if I can assist.

This is a brilliant machine made better with a little tweaking (as were known to do)...

I have owned a Giotto as my home machine and call each machine we sell warts and all- so youll know exactly what youre buying....

Factor in a great grinder and some freah coffee and youre well on the way to coffee nirvana ;)

Chris

p.s- to correct you on a couple of things, the Giotto is manufactured in Milan, Italy and its barista and espresso!
    ICR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee link=1208486322/0#2 date=1208488513

Factor in a great grinder and some freah coffee and youre well on the way to coffee nirvana ;)

Chris

p.s- to correct you on a couple of things, the Giotto is manufactured in Milan, Italy and its barista!
    And its fresh coffee ;-)

TC

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy link=1208486322/0#3 date=1208489367
    And its fresh coffee ;-)
    Whoops! :-[

;D

Saw that plank being pointed out soon enough haha

mwatt

Whilst were correcting things, its also espresso. ;)

I loooove my Giotto. Chrisll take good care of you Barryster. Probably not $1700 care though ;)

Ill chip in too. Ive had a giotto for over a year now and love it. All said and done when you compare machines of this price I think they all do a comparable job and it mainly comes down to personal tastes.

Each machine has its own quirks - some good and some bad. Chris knows what hes talking about...talk to him if you want to Talk Coffee. :)

Barryster, I recently acquired the Rocket Espresso Giotto from Chris 8-) and it is a brilliant machine. I upgraded from a Silvia, which has done some sterling service over the years, but now find the Giotto is at another level of coffee making. Apart from getting used to a new machine (all that swearing etc.) it is everything Chris said, and demonstrated it would be. Just cant get used to the steam wand being on the opposite side yet ::)

Believe me, use that $1700 as a deposit on the crema-de-la-crema of espresso machines. Oh! dont forget the grinder - but Im sure Chris will mention that ;)

Ron

Re: Giotto Rocket espresso machine

barryster

Just a clarification, *From the price you mentioned it sounds like you are not in Australia and the price is US mainland. *If so then the *Giotto Rockets may have differences (voltage) or not able to be fine tuned as they are from some of the Australian suppliers.
    It might be helpful to know if you are local or not.

My Giotto Rocket is fantastic in every respect.

dumiya