Thread: Re: Isomac Mondiale review

Re: Isomac Mondiale review

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Mod edit- as the reviews section is only for reviews, http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163234999/23#23 has been split to create this new thread.

2mcm

Gday Alchemist,

Good review mate and very interesting :). With regard to the Pressurestat woes.... Have you given any thought to using the pressurestat contacts to switch an adequately rated Solid State Relay, say a 30-40 Amp unit?

An SSR of this rating would easily handle the heating element current and pretty well any switching transients that may result. The benefit to you would be, that the pressurestat contacts would no longer burn out or weld together with its life determined mainly by its mechanical integrity. With the SSR mounted appropriately so that any heat losses can be drawn away either into a heatsink or a strategic part of the machines metal frame, it would pretty well last forever. So, with one simple and inexpensive mod, this problem can be eliminated, probably for good 8-).

Well worth a thought..... ::)

Mal.

Re: Information/Reviews of Espresso machines

Quote Originally Posted by Mal link=1163234999/15#21 date=1208681997
    Have you given any thought to using the pressurestat contacts to switch an adequately rated Solid State Relay, say a 30-40 Amp unit?
    Thanks for the suggestion Mal - will definitely put this on the agenda. *I had previously been going with the Dealers advice in the interests of keeping the warranty whole, but now that it has expired, the P/S is fair game *;)

Cheers and thanks again,

-Alchemist-

I understand everything you are saying.

I have had mine for about 3 months and I must admit, I love it. But the nozzle does confuse me. You say yours had 2 holes and it was replaced. What was it replaced it with??? and how is it better???

Thanks in advance

Splitbean

Quote Originally Posted by splitbean link=1163234999/15#23 date=1209186309
    *You say yours had 2 holes and it was replaced. *What was it replaced it with??? and how is it better???

Hi Splitbean - it was replaced with another two hole tip, just that the holes on the second tip were a little larger, thus increasing the amount of steam coming out.

Cheers,

-Alchemist-

[QUOTE=Mal link=1208681998/0#0 date=1208681997]Mod edit- as the reviews section is only for reviews, http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163234999/23#23 has been split to create this new thread.

2mcm

Thanks for your housekeeping 2MCM *:)

Good idea splitting this thread out from the other to keep the original "Reviews thread" whole.

But Im not sure I understand why this has become a sticky in the Pointy end section given that it is just a bit of general discussion? *Perhaps it can be relocated amongst all of the other general Pointy End posts?

Feel free to delete this last post if you concur (and once you have moved the post).

Thanks

-A-

TC

[QUOTE=-Alchemist- link=1208681998/0#4 date=1209284697]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal link=1208681998/0#0 date=1208681997
    Mod edit- as the reviews section is only for reviews, http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163234999/23#23 has been split to create this new thread.

2mcm

Thanks for your housekeeping 2MCM *:)

Good idea splitting this thread out from the other to keep the original "Reviews thread" whole.

But Im not sure I understand why this has become a sticky in the Pointy end section given that it is just a bit of general discussion? *Perhaps it can be relocated amongst all of the other general Pointy End posts?

Feel free to delete this last post if you concur (and once you have moved the post).

Thanks

-A-
    Bizarre!....Fixed....2mcm

Re: Re: Isomac Mondiale review

Another vote of confidence in the Mondiale. As posted elsehwhere, my father picked up one of these babys last year. It is simply brilliant. Ironically, the reason he didnt buy a Giotto was that the retailer had them on back order because they couldnt get stock - roughly the same time ECM pulled out of domestic machines :)