Thread: How do you adjust VBM pressure stat??

How do you adjust VBM pressure stat??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Not even sure if thats what you call it.
    Eric the guy that sells the temp toys to measure water grouphead temp has adjusted his pressure stat? to allow the VBM super to idle at a lower temp so he can pull shots with 10 minutes or longer breaks without having to flush (apart form old grinds) in between.

Anyone had a play with this? I would like to know what temp on the gauge on the top left is supposed to read, mine sits in the red 1.5 and I think i read this is too high? i alos read somewhere that those gauges are that accurate?

Any thoughts "O Great Ones" 8-)

TC

Re: How do you adjust VBM pressure stat??

Quote Originally Posted by redzone link=1209513636/0#0 date=1209513636
    Not even sure if thats what you call it.
    Eric the guy that sells the temp toys to measure water grouphead temp has adjusted his pressure stat? to allow the VBM super to idle at a lower temp so he can pull shots with 10 minutes or longer breaks without having to flush (apart form old grinds) in between.

Anyone had a play with this? I would like to know what temp on the gauge on the top left is supposed to read, mine sits in the red 1.5 and I think i read this is too high? i alos read somewhere that those gauges are that accurate?

Any thoughts "O Great Ones" * 8-)
    :oWaaaaay too high Redzone...I recommend that you take it back to 1.05-1.1 bar. This is done with many clockwise turns of the pressurestat screw. Lif the cup tray and youll see a small inspection hole black cover front right side. Remove it and all will become obvious.

Chris

I also agree that 1.5atm is way too high! When the pressurestat clicks off, the gage should not be over about 1.1 at the most.

There is a compromise when you set the pressurestat so low that you dont need to flush. it will decrease the amount of steam available. If you go too far it will also lengthen the recovery time between shots. But if all you drink is straight espresso, lowering the boiler pressure is a good way to go.

keep in mind that the gages that come on the VBMs are not all that accurate so use the gage as a relative indicator and allow your taste buds to be the final judge. Particularly if you have not installed Erics temperature adapter.

Thanks Randy and Chris, I have gone to 1.1 and steam is still adequate and left on idle temp rises to 96+. I think this will slove the slightly burnt taste coming through when the the temp rose as shot was being pulled to 96. I will keep experimenting with taste and temps and the length of idle time between shots.

Cheers.

CB.