Thread: Giotto vs Isomac Millenium

Giotto vs Isomac Millenium

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

I stumbled upon this website as I am researching to purhcase a new espresso machine upgrade to replace my trusty Rancilio Silva. This is a fantastic and informative site.

As for my search I have narrowed down the machines to the Rocket Giotto and the Isomac Millenium. I was initially also interested in the Vibiemme super domobar but found it to be too large for my kitchen bench so I have excluded it from my short list.

I am interested in hearing about how others have found the reliability and ease of using these machines . thanks

Re: Giotto vs Isomac Millenium

Hi Vrasti
    I will give the Giotto a 10/10 for reliability and ease of use.
    The only issues i face are ones of consistency and they are all about the operator and not the machine

Mal

Thanks Bolb,

I couldnt agree more, the operator has more to do with consistency than the Machine.

I have been impressed with the reviews of the Giotto, so I placed an order today with Chris from Talking Coffee to purchase one . Chris has arranged to shipped a unit to me here in Sydney tomorrow which is fast. I have dealt with Chris over the phone and via email and have found the service to be great.

I cant wait for the Giotto my to arrive, I expect there to be a big improvement over my current Rancilio Silvia.

Quote Originally Posted by vrasti link=1213628768/0#2 date=1213707429
    Thanks Bolb,

I couldnt agree more, the operator has more to do with consistency than the Machine.

I have been impressed with the reviews of the Giotto, *so I placed an order today with Chris from Talk Coffee to purchase one. Chris has arranged to shipped a unit to me here in Sydney tomorrow which is fast. I have dealt with Chris over the phone and via email and have found the service to be great.

I cant wait for the Giotto to arrive, I expect there to be a big improvement over my current Rancilio Silvia.
    Please post your experience. Im thinking of the same upgrade.

Hi Vrasti
    I could not be happier with my Giotto. *Few top notch coffee places around here can match my cup of ristretto flat white. *( I struggle to reduce the micro froth). There was of course a learning curve but not as steep as it was for my Silvia.
    Do not overlook the value of who you purchase it from. *
    The Coffee Snob sponsors are all dedicated to the perfect shot for their customers. *Sometimes there may be a bargain to be had elsewhere but it is just not worth it.
    My pimped Giotto is going very well. *In following some of the recent Coffee Snob postings i noticed that my Giotto steam boiler was marginally high. *I email my supplier (Chris). *Within minutes I got a reply than it might be good to lower it a fraction. Some parts take time to bed down. *With basic instructions from Chris (and the good internal design of the Giotto) I was able to adjust the pressurestat to the pimped recommendation.
    My supplier happened to be Talk Coffee but I know others that may be local to you are just as good.
    If you decide on a Giotto Rocket do get it pimped. Check that your suppliers knows what you are talking about - it will separate the sheep from the goats! This takes an excellent assembly product into the next level. *(performance to high performance)
    Hope this helps

David

oophs

My previous rely may be of some use to thoang

I seem to have been thinking about replying for too long.
    Vrasti, I am glad you chose the Giotto!
    Congrats on the Giotto
    Please post your experiences.

David

Thanks David

I appreciate your reply. Im very satisfied with the price I paid for the Giotto and found Chris to be very helpful, your comments reinforce that for me.

Unfortunately, the courier company didnt deliver the Machine today as expected. I gave them a call to follow up and they assured me they will deliver it in the morning. Once I get the hang of it i will post my experience. I have waited a long time to up grade and now I cant wait to get my hand s on it and make that first cup of espresso.