Thread: Isomac Tea comments

Isomac Tea comments

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,
    Im very new here! Thanks for having me. Im upgrading from an old Breville machine to a machine at about the $2000 mark, and partnering it with a good grinder. My local coffee machine store has a good selection of machines to try, but not all of the ones you guys seem to like. They showed me the Isomac Tea, which is a heat exchanger machine, and on budget, and I thought about pairing it with the Mazzer mini manual.

I was wondering what you lot think of the Isomac machines, as they dont get talked about much on these discussion boards. I have heard varying reports of them running hot and questionable reliability. I would like to compare it with the Expobar Minore2, but this is not available to try at the moment, and isnt a heat exchanger.
    We drink mainly milk coffees, and would need to be able to do up to 6 coffees reasonably quickly.
    I would appreciate any suggestions/comments or tips for the isomac tea if you have one.
    Regards,
    Cecile.

TC

Re: Isomac Tea comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sezme link=1214866513/0#0 date=1214866513
    Hi all,
    Im very new here! Thanks for having me. Im upgrading from an old Breville machine to a machine at about the $2000 mark, and partnering it with a good grinder. My local coffee machine store has a good selection of machines to try, but not all of the ones you guys seem to like. They showed me the Isomac Tea, which is a heat exchanger machine, and on budget, and I thought about pairing it with the Mazzer mini manual.

I was wondering what you lot think of the Isomac machines, as they dont get talked about much on these discussion boards. I have heard varying reports of them running hot and questionable reliability. I would like to compare it with the Expobar Minore2, but this is not available to try at the moment, and isnt a heat exchanger.
    We drink mainly milk coffees, and would need to be able to do up to 6 coffees reasonably quickly.
    I would appreciate any suggestions/comments or tips for the isomac tea if you have one.
    Regards,
    Cecile.
    Hi Cecile and welcome,

I think a couple of CSers have the Isomac tea but its not that common here.

I have little doubt that it will do the job well but as suggested it is good to have an understanding of reliability, need for cooling flush, chassis construction and build quality, ease of fill and milk texture and a whole host of other aspects.

Im happy to assist with that level of detail with any of our machines if that helps.

Happy shopping!

Chris

Welcome to Coffee Snobs Cecile.

The Expobar will easily handle 6 coffees in a hurry.

Site Sponsor

Hi Cecile;

The main differences between the Isomac Tea and the Expobar Minore are as follows:

The Isomac TEA has 1.3 lt boiler, 1400w element, 3lt tank and it is a Heat Exchange technology.

Expobar Minore 2 is a dual boiler machine with 1.8 lt each. It features cool to touch steam arm and has 3 lt tank

In my opinion both machines are very good and enjoy a very good representation in Australia. One of the reason why you hear more about one brand and less of another, is relating more to the business nature of each machines importer and their marketing strategy. It is certanly not an indicator to the machines performance, structural integrity or quality of compoenents.

Di Bartoli is a distributer of both brands and few others. Check: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163932885
    We have an extensive experience operating both and will be very happy anylising it for you in details, if required.

Tea stock will be available in August, Minore is availabel for an immediate pick up / dispath. Youre welcome to ring, email or pm myself or Ofra, were happy to help!

If youre in Sydney, youre welcome to drop by on Sunday to the Aromafest, Domestic Machines Expo, we will have the Minore, the VBM Super, the Domus, the Mondiale and the Giotto, all in operation!

Renzo

I have the Tea which I bought on recommendation from others who have the Millenium and La Mondiale models. They reckon the Tea was the best bang for your buck if you were not hung up on looks. I matched it with the Mini Mazzer which I also rate highly, does get hot after doing quite a few coffees, but no small grinder will punch out lots of ground beans without getting hot. I did a 40th birthday party a few months ago and churned out 40 coffees one after the other without a hitch and everyone was very happy with the coffee. I agree that if left sitting for a while you do need to run water through for a while to bring the temp back to nominal but apart from that I have been very happy. Just make sure wherever you buy it from it is easy to get after sales service. While I have not had any probs in the 8 months I have had mine I have heard of other units needing attention, and while they have been fixed free under warranty the travel back and forward with the machine can be a pain.

psaigh

Ive been running the Tea for about a month now and absolutely cant fault it. Running alongside a Vibiemme domo super I actually prefer the Isomac. Honestly I cant understand spending any more $$ on anything else.
    Even running alongside many many commercial machines the only machine thats pulled a nicer shot IMO was the synesso saber (the vibiemme replica was exact on par, and im yet to run it against a lmz 70 or 80). Its tweak-ability is fantastic, and its consistancy (assuming you use the same purge routine everytime) is bang on the money everytime.
    I havent really given it a thrashing (not really more than say 10 coffees in a row) so maybe with volume itll start to throw out, but at what i consider normal home use its fantastic.

My only recomendation was changing the water resevoir. After tasting some water straight from the resevoir thatd been there for about 10hours it tasted very "platic-y" (the resevoir is made from thick plastic). So I removed it and replaced it with a square glass vase that fits nicely within the case. Its a little smaller than the provided resevoir and so needs topping up a bit more makes for a much cleaner cup.

I couldnt be happier with thte Tea and definately recommend trying one out before shelling out $2000+ on another Hx pro-sumer.

Wow, thanks guys for your replies. I have taken the plunge, and have purchased the Isomac Tea, and so far, I am very happy with it. It has not produced a bad coffee yet, however I sense I have a long way to go before I get to the god shot territory a lot of the CSers talk about! I am very much still learning, and my milk frothing has come a long way in two weeks!

I seem to be getting 30mL in almost 20sec, which is a bit quick. I have tried adjusting grind size. The grinder is a Rocky, and it was set up for the beans I am using by the shop I bought it from for use with their Tea, and there it produces a 25 sec pull. Am I not tamping as hard as the guy in the shop, or have they adjusted their machine? During a pull the pressure goes up to almost 12 bar, is this normal?

I was wondering from you guys with Teas - have either of you tweaked them, if so what were your indications for doing this and how did you do it?

I am so very happy with my Tea! ;D Thanks CSers for all of the information on the site. Keep up the great work. Off to check out some of the site sponsors to buy some coffee beans... Hmmmm, coffee.

Cecile.

Sezme,

Congrats on your purchase. Regarding the 12 bar, I think youll find (please correct me someone if Im wrong) that this reading is the system bressure, not pressure at the group. At the group, its usually a bit lower, how much?, depends on the machine. Also, you can probably tweak this at the OPV. I know on my Minore its usually factory set at 12 bar. Ive since adjusted it closer to 10 ish (system pressure).

Let you tastebuds do the talking though!

Have fun playing on your new toy!

YeeZa

TC

Quote Originally Posted by YeeZa link=1214866513/0#7 date=1216773333
    Sezme,

Congrats on your purchase. Regarding the 12 bar, I think youll find (please correct me someone if Im wrong) that this reading is the system bressure, not pressure at the group. At the group, its usually a bit lower, how much?, depends on the machine. Also, you can probably tweak this at the OPV. I know on my Minore its usually factory set at 12 bar. Ive since adjusted it closer to 10 ish (system pressure).

Let you tastebuds do the talking though!

Have fun playing on your new toy!

YeeZa
    I agree- If you are seeing 12 bar system pressure, I suspect that you may be as high as 11 bar at the group. Why so many machines ship this way, I dont understand. As part of a bench test, I adjust to 9.5 bar using a p/f pressure gauge. This allows for 0.5 bar worth of pump "bed in"

Chris

psaigh

Yeah, the pressure rating is at the boiler, not the group head. Mine reads at 10bars. I originally played around quite a bit tweaking it up and down, but finally adjusted the opv valve back to 10, which was its factory setting, as this is where i was getting the nicest tasting shots.

The OPV valve is really easy to adjust, you simply remove the cover and then the other cover that hold the water resevoir. on the left of the machine about half-way down youll see a small, "T" shaped pipe with a tube (holding water) connecting to the right of it. Slip off the tubing and turn the peice of metal its attached to clockwise or anti-clockwise depending. You only want to make very small adjustments here. Then re-attach the tubing and fire the machine up and use a blank filter (or dose and tamp a shot if you dont have one) and check the pressure. switch off the machine and keep adjusting accordingly.

Ill try and find some photos for ya

psaigh

yayy, i found it! Check this site out

http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/isomac-tea-millenium-or-relax-brew-pressure-adjustment

Ron

Ive had my Tea for about 6 months now and Im very pleased with it (got it from Pedro at Coffeeparts - very highly recommended and very good prices). *My stock standard machine operates at 10 bar and always has - I presume this is the factory setting so could there be other factors causing higher brew pressure?

I found this thread when googling how to adjust the opv for my Tea, as usual I found the info I needed through CS and today I took the cover off and adjusted the valve back from around the 11 mark to 9.5, Ill use it for a few days and see how it goes, I also adjusted the boiler setting, it was going up to over 1.5 so Ive adjusted it back to 1.4, when the light goes off it goes down to 1.2 and then the green light comes and it she goes up to 1.4 again. I have been pulling pretty good shots on factory settings but I thought I would try adjusting it and see what the results are. Ill let you know in a couple of days!!

82 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills, QLD, 4006

isomac is the hot brand at present...... we sell an average of 3.5 machines per week and at present after 2 years only 2 have gone back for warranty work.... not bad odds...

great coffee,,,,, great back up service......

Quote Originally Posted by 0A270C2B22222F4E0 link=1214866513/13#13 date=1234232309
    isomac is the hot brand at present...... we sell an average of 3.5 machines per week and at present after 2 years only 2 have gone back for warranty work.... not bad odds...

great coffee,,,,, great back up service......

Time to post a cheeky reply [smiley=happy.gif]

I hope not to be the one that ends up with .5 (half) of an Isomac Tea

KK

82 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills, QLD, 4006

cheeky is good kk.......... as long as the .5 is the espresso part ... they can keep the milk..... :D

Good day guys and gals,
    Have been lurking around the last 2 weeks absorbing the massive pool of information available on this forum. Thanks to the various opinions on the the various machines, I had managed to make my decision to purchase an Isomac Tea...... :)
    Firstly I want to thank Ofra from DiBartoli who was very helpful in imparting her knowledge on the various Isomac machines. I would have bought the package (which is excellent value for money) but decided sadly but practically to purchase from a local reseller who did provide excellent service and information over 3 visits.
    Going to setup the new baby and its partner grinder Rocky .... ;D
    Will give further feedback on the Tea/Rocky combo

Congrats on your new Tea remesh, Im sure you will get great joy from it.
    Ive had mine since January and Im very pleased with her performance, I adjusted the OPV valve down notch, everything else is fine.
    If standing for a while she needs a cooling flush but this can be used to warm up your cups. I use the spare portafilter to flush, as soon as the spluttering stops its ready to pull a shot. Did they give you the water softener to put in the tank? You should get it with the machine.
    Have fun
    gm Happy Tea Owner

Hi greenman, there was a basic filter attached to the water intake tubing but no water softener (checked the box and manual no mention of it either)? Thanks for the advice on the flushing. Still trying to find the right grind setting :( gone through a 250gm bag!!) Wife is standing there ::)
    They have included a intro course , hopefully get up to speed then. Noticed you got the Bumper stand/box. Its goooood and wife approves of it ;)

Site Sponsor

Hi Remesh,

Thanks for your feedback, the pleasure was all mine. Glad you were able to enjoy good service locally and that you like the Tea on the bench. Hope youll be getting those great coffees happening soon!

Thanks to our recent cooperation with the Isomac Importer, Di Bartoli can now offer a great value for CSer on the entire Isomac range.

Check our sponsor area: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163932885

Or go to: www.dibartoli.com.au/products.asp?cid=23

Ofra