Thread: LaSpaziale Mini Vivaldi II- coming soon

TC

LaSpaziale Mini Vivaldi II- coming soon

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

Just a heads up that this one is on the way. Similar to the VBM Domobar Super Dual boiler PID, you get 2 boilers and temperature control at the group. As in the VBM, The tanked model requires a vibe pump due to available space. I am assuming that pricing will be somewhere between Minore II and VBM PID. The Vivaldi II plumbed rotary pump model is also in stock.

Chris

Specifications:[*]Dual boiler with 0.45 L brew boiler and 1.2 L steam boiler[*]Steam element 1250 W and brew element 800 W[*]Ball jointed stainless steel steam wand with 4 hole 0.9mm tip[*]Hot water wand- delivery via touch pad[*]Double and single 53mm portafilters[*]Volumentric touch pad and group temperature adjustable in 1.0 deg C. increments. LED confirmation[*]Vibe pump [*]Auto refill on boiler[*]Over temp. safety cutout and pump overload cutout[*]Fault diagnosis alarms[*]Boiler and pump pressure gauge[*]Black or Red[*]240V 10A

Re: LaSpaziale Mini Vivaldi II- coming soon

Itll look great in red.

Im really looking forward to the review of this machine. Just wondering, is it available now?

TOny.

TC

Hi Tony,

ETA is end September

regards

Chris

Thx Chris, just wondering where can i buy those cups on the machine? Ive been finding those colourful cups for quite a while, but still cant find them. Any idea?

They look a bit like Illy cups, if they are then evil-bay US had a few different Illy designs.
    I looked at this model too, the 53mm P/F wasnt compatible with all the bits n pieces I already had and I wondered if the .45L brew boiler wasnt a bit small?

Then again Ill leave that detail to those in the know.

CB.

Wine_of_the_Bean

The brew boiler doesnt need to be very big at all. Remember, youre extracting 60ml for a double, and youll still have 390ml to spare in the boiler.

The non-standard 53mm baskets are a bit of a shame if youve collected a bunch of 58mm tampers, but Ive heard great things about the nectar they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Wine_of_the_Bean link=1215661026/0#6 date=1218064638
    nch of 58mm tampers,
    On the up side, youll finally be able to put the tamp on the front of your Grinder to use ;)

TC

Quote Originally Posted by dsgfh link=1215661026/0#7 date=1218093034
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine_of_the_Bean link=1215661026/0#6 date=1218064638
    nch of 58mm tampers,
    On the up side, youll finally be able to put the tamp on the front of your Grinder to use ;)
    Another bonus is that its almost impossible to get chanellling with the deep 53 mm baskets *8-)

Hey Chris, whos supplying the spare parts for the machine. Im actually looking for the steam wand off the LaSpaziale for my E98.

would brew temp stability be an issue considering the relatively small brew boiler size?

chris - with the vivIIs - does having the electronic control of group temp mean that the following question is no longer relevant? and that is:

does the viv have a hx feed to the brew boiler from the steam boiler? (ala LM, minore) or cold water feed?

and if cold water feed, could you educate me (in simpleton terms) as to how it maintains tight temp control, with a smallish boiler, 800w element (for the mini) and cold water feed?

thanks v much

aaron

TC

Quote Originally Posted by roknee link=1215661026/0#11 date=1219811409
    chris - with the vivIIs - does having the electronic control of group temp mean that the following question is no longer relevant? and that is:

does the viv have a hx feed to the brew boiler from the steam boiler? (ala LM, minore) or cold water feed?

and if cold water feed, could you educate me (in simpleton terms) as to how it maintains tight temp control, with a smallish boiler, 800w element (for the mini) *and cold water feed?

thanks v much

aaron
    Hi Aaron,

I am 99% sure that it follows the same strategy- feed to brew boiler via steam boiler HX...

regards

Chris

thanks chris - that was what i assumed.
    im still surprised given the size of the vivII why they would stick in such a small brew boiler?

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee link=1215661026/0#3 date=1217872587
    Hi Tony,

ETA is end September

regards

Chris
    It is getting closer now. I cant wait for the review~~~

Is it available now? What is the price for it?

TC

Hi Tony,

Ill check ;-)

Chris

TC

ETA is now November Tony...

No firm price info yet...

regards

Chris

This is a blatent rip from a commercial site and so as not to incurr a mod issue it is reposted here *;) I am saving for either one of these or another twin boiler PID so I await their arrival with coffee cup in hand *:)

Just one question on 53mm PFs are they a problem in some respects or an advantge in others? My Solis runs 53mm BTW and does a nice job.

The Borrowed text:

The Vivaldi II is our number one selling Home Espresso Machine. We felt that with the number of request for a non-direct plumbed version we received, that it was worth going back to La Spaziale and working on a Mini Non plumbed version. After more than a year it is finally here and even better than we expected. It has the same great look of the Vivaldi II and performs equally as well yet does not need to be plumbed in.

We though the Mini Vivaldi II was perfect like it was. Well in 2008 we decided there were a couple of things we could do to improve it even more. We added Programmable + or - 8 degree Offset Differential and added an option to have a Pre Infusion Chamber installed on the group.

Here is a list of improvements made to Vivaldi II from Vivaldi I. All these improvements are included on the NEW Mini Vivaldi II:

Optional Pre Infusion Chamber Now you can add a Pre Infusion chamber to your Mini Vivaldi II. This pre infusion chamber functions the same way a pre infusion chamber on an E61 group does. There is already a pre drilled and taped hole in the side of your brew group where the chamber attaches. You simply unscrew the plug that is there and attach the chamber. Here is down loadable PDF instillation instruction manual. Click Here When ordered at the time of purchase of the machine instillation is included at NO additional charge.

Programmable Off Set Differential This allows you to set the LED temperature setting on the front of the machine to be equal to the temperature being delivered at the group rather than the temperature inside the group boiler. The original Mini Vivaldi II machines had this feature but it was only a 3 degree adjustment. Although we had not run into any problems setting the proper offset with this small range we figured since it is only a software change why not make it + or - 8 degrees therefore insuring there would NEVER be an issue. Note: We set it during the bench test of each machine prior to shipping so you dont have to invest in the expensive equipment necessary to perform the tests and setting.

Dual Manometer It is no longer necessary to purchase a portafilter with a pressure gauge to either check or make adjustments to your pumps output pressure.

Now able to put on a timer There is chord inside to plug in an OPTIONAL *7 day programmable timer into it. You can have the machine come on and go off at different times on different days.

The Mini is equipped with the NEW .9 mm four hole steam tip as standard This NEW .9 mm four hole steam tip on this machine is one of the easiest to produce excellent micro foam fast and easy even with small quantities of milk.

Decreased delta What does that mean? The previous model would need to detect a temperature drop of one degree Celsius before the heater would be activated. The NEW Vivaldi II activates the heater with the detection of a temperature drop of just one half degree Celsius. Simply put, it makes the temperature accuracy that much more precise in the group boiler and enhances the steam boilers performance.

Updated temperature sensing probe The new probe is actually submerged directly into the boilers. This probe has proven to be more reliable than the previous style and has a quicker reaction time.

New LED display The previous display showed 5 degree increments, from 85 to 120 degrees Celsius. The NEW Vivaldi II displays in 1 degree increments, from 91 to 97 degrees Celsius.

91C = 195.8F
    92C = 197.6F
    93C = 199.4F
    94C = 201.2F
    95C = 203.0F
    96C = 204.8F
    97C = 206.6F

Differential adjust ability Programming allows you to set the temperature at the group to correspond with the LED. We test each machine and adjust the differential before shipping.

Features
    Dual Boiler
    Steam Boiler 1.2 liter
    Comes with NEW .9 mm Steam Tip
    Steam Boiler Element 1250 Watts
    Group Boiler .45 liter
    Group Boiler Element 800 Watts
    Programmable Offset Differential
    Swivel Stainless Steel Steam Arm
    Two 53 mm Portafilters: One Single and One Double
    Manual Fill 3 liter Water Tank
    Vibratory Pump (Extremely Quiet)
    Volumetric Dosing
    Volumetric Dosing Adjustable Through Touch Pad
    One Degree Group Temperature Adjust ability Indicated by LED Display
    Group Temperature Adjustable Through Touch Pad
    Electronic Boiler Refill
    Built-in Safety Thermostat
    Built-in Safety Cut Out on Vibe Pump
    Semiautomatic Hot Water Delivery
    Lever Steam Valve same as La Spaziale S5 Commercial Machines.
    Fault Diagnosis Alarms
    Dual Manometer
    OPTIONAL Pre Infusion Chamber
    OPTIONAL 7 Day Programmable Timer
    OPTIONAL No Burn Steam Arm
    OPTIONAL longer La Spaziale steam arm
    Color Black or Red
    110 volt (guess which country this text was swiped from *;) and no it wasnt Burma)
    Functions in either 15 amp or 20 amp (lower due to higher voltage)

Quote Originally Posted by E-Gene link=1215661026/0#9 date=1218112148
    Hey Chris, whos supplying the spare parts for the machine. Im actually looking for the steam wand off the LaSpaziale for my E98.
    I wouldnt advise using that steam arm on the E98. Ive tried it on mine and it didnt really fit all that well. Ive sent you a PM about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill link=1215661026/0#19 date=1223346360
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Gene link=1215661026/0#9 date=1218112148
    I wouldnt advise using that steam arm on the E98. Ive tried it on mine and it didnt really fit all that well. Ive sent you a PM about it.
    Just correcting myself here. I did eventually manage to get that steam arm to fit my Faema E98. It took a bit of work/modification to get it to fit to my satisfaction though, but I think the end result was worth it.

I have a question about the Vivaldi II, that could apply generally to any machine that comes with the option:

Vibe Pump noise: Plumbed vs tank. is one quieter than the other?

The reason I ask is that I recently had the opportunity to have a used Vivaldi tank model on my bench for a week, and while the pump wasnt as noisy as, say, my sunbeam, it was definitely intrusive. Its owner recently sent me a clip of an extraction, and the pump noise was prominent in the background.

On the other hand, when I visit European Foods (Perth), who sell them, they have a demo (plumbed) unit by the front door, for customers to make themselves a coffee. That pump is significantly quieter, and yet the machine has seen more use. (you can tell by the wear on the buttons).

Forming any conclusions from a sample size of one each could be dangerous, but I did come up with a theory that having mains pressure on the pump inlet instead of atmospheric, would reduce the differential pressure across the pump and perhaps prevent some cavitation, and hence noise.

On the other hand, did the maker of those machines chop and change their pumps, or is it the luck of the draw as to whether you get a quiet or a noisy one?

They're two different machines. The S1 mini Vivaldi, has the tank and a vibe pump. The S1 Vivaldi (not mini) which is plumbed in has a rotary pump.