Thread: Too many to choose from

Too many to choose from

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    [ch65279]Hi everyone. Iím looking for an espresso machine that is capable of pumping out multiple milk bassed coffees. I have a Gagia classic that is fantastic for one or two coffees at a time, but now that the kids (teens) are hooked as well I am finding that more often that not I need to make 5 or 6 or more in one go. So Iím stepping up.

Units like the ECM Giotto and Unico Splendor are very pretty looking machines but are they
    mostly show and will they stand up to hard use? The Rancilio S24 has been recommended
    also. I donít want to go any larger in size than the Rancilio or my wife will go nuts when I
    put it in the kitchen.

Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated. I would hate to blow $2500 and not be
    happy with the machines ability.

Re: Too many to choose from

Hi Rio-Negro,

Where abouts are you located? Your best bet is to hit up someone who has all the machines on display to try out. The S24 I think is more commercial - is that something you want or more a prosumer machine like the others you mentioned. Im sure your wife would prefer the look of the prosumer machines.

YeeZa

Hi Yezaa
    Im near Tuggerah (NSW Central Coast) no one has them all together up here.
    I guess I am leaning more to the small comercial, but this is mostly because if Im going to spend this amount of money I want to be able to cope with small partys like Christmas and be able to pump out 12 to 20 coffees in just a few mins.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by Rio-Negro link=1220843273/0#2 date=1220844656
    Hi Yezaa
    Im near Tuggerah (NSW Central Coast) no one has them all together up here.
    I guess I am leaning more to the small comercial, but this is mostly because if Im going to spend this amount of money I want to be able to cope with small partys like Christmas and be able to pump out 12 to 20 coffees in just a few mins.
    Hi Rio and welcome,

In your nominated price bracket, Id suggest the Vibiemme Domobar Super.

With a 2.7L boiler, commercial pressurestat and massive steam, coffee for 50 people will be a walk in the park for this machine. I suspect you will find it copes better than some "commercial" machines of similar capacity....

We have a great special on the black sided version at present and its well within your price range. Further info http://www.talkcoffee.com.au/equipment/coffee-machine-vibiemme-manual-stainless.php and also http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933911/7#7

You are most welcome to make contact if youd like to discuss the machine in more detail.

regards

Chris

[ch65279]Hi Chris
    Thanks for that, Iíll call you and have a chat.

To everyone else, Iíd still love to hear your feedback, especially someone who has one of
    these machines and uses it a lot. :)

Central coast is only a short drive to Sydney
    To have a look, use and feel of some great machines go to
    Di Bartoli Coffee Center in Bondi Junction
    Jet Black Espresso Cremorne

VBM super is a great machine that Chris has recommended

Ohh
    Dont forget the Bezzera machines :)

KK

Hi Rio-Negro!

I have a Unico Splendor, and when I get alot of people over, (usually upto 6) the machine copes very well with the load. I have had my machine for 10 months now, and it has been absolutely brilliant.

Chris is the man to talk to, about all your coffee needs.

-Linda

Hi Linda

I was showing my wife all of the machines on Chris web site and shes with you on the Unico Splendor. It is a very good looking machine. However being male Im leaning to the bigger ones. But I guess it is her kitchen so the Splendor it may be.

Most of these machines in this range (price range) will do a similar job as far as being capable of producing back to back shots. Ive heard of the Bezzera pumping out 50+ coffees, the Giotto doing the same. Ive personally been able to pump out 65+ back to back, sometimes with two people on my machine (one on shots, one on milk), without any lag or notable change in consistency (and no complaints ;)).

Like Chris has said the VBM DS is a top machine too and has a great build quality.

Like I said, check em out though and have a play, its the only way make sure youre gonna be happy with what you get.

Definitely give the CS site sponos a yell though. Its a wealth of unbiased knowledge without the pressure of buying.

[quoteRe: Bezzera Domus Galatea
    ę Reply #7 - on: 05. Sep 2008 at 06:16 Ľ I bought my Bezzera from Di Bartoli 12 months ago and Im happy to report its still going strong - I used it to make 180 coffees (including hot chocolate and chai lattes) at a school fate last weekend and the machine worked wonders and so did I (making approx one coffee every 1.15 min for 4 hrs in a row on a one group machine is hard work I tell you!)

Pat[/QUOTE]

Above is a post from askthecoffeeguy about his Galatea
    Its the same Bezzera as mine and its one beautiful machine that does the job without complaints

My Bezzera is a wife sanctioned purchase

One question Roe-Negro ? what grinder are you thinking of getting as you should address this question as well

KK

oh and for the record, I reckon that these machines are capable of punching out many, many coffees back to back, but I wouldnt plan on doing it too often. I probably push my Expobar to those lengths(50+) about once every 3-4 weeks or so.

Hi Koffee Kosmo

Im ok in the grinder department - I have a Mazzer Luigi. My wife calls it "the huge ugly looking thing" because it can hold a full kg in the hopper. ;D

Great grinder mate
    Now after you get your dream machine what are we going to do with you when the roasting bug bites :) :) :)

We love our home coffee bean roasting
    KK

Yeh, Im not sold on home roasting yet.

One of the guys at church roasts at home and I think the coffee I get from my roaster is better. My roaster says that its because a large roaster does a more even roast, but he would say that.
    I go through about 1kg every two weeks and because I buy so much it works out at around the same price for green beans as it does for roasted ones.
    Never the less, Im sure that after spending time talking to you lot I will be converted soon enough.

I remember when I said I couldnt see myself getting into roasting.......................................... .......................

Based on your budget, (mind you, its only my opinion as it would be what i woudl do if i had that budget to spend on a machine), I would choose the Expobar Minore II Brewtus simply because its a double boiler and the boiler for the brew has an inbuilt PID system. Not entirely convinced that Id get the temp I want with a HX but again I stress, thats my opinion.
    On the other side of the argument, some would say boiler water does taint the coffee a bit too.... so its 6 or half a dozen.. But for me Id choose the Minore II if I had that money.

On a slightly separate topic, I find that making coffee quickly for many isnt going to be easy regardless of boiler size IF you have a doserless grinder. More time is spent grinding into the PF than shots and milk steaming which is where a dosered grinder would greatly assist in that. I got a doserless because 95% of the time Im making 1 coffee, but when I try to make for 6, grinding time is a bit tedious.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by NewToEspresso link=1220843273/0#15 date=1220855347
    Based on your budget, (mind you, its only my opinion as it would be what i woudl do if i had that budget to spend on a machine), I would choose the Expobar Minore II Brewtus simply because its a double boiler and the boiler for the brew has an inbuilt PID system. Not entirely convinced that Id get the temp I want with a HX but again I stress, thats my opinion.
    On the other side of the argument, some would say boiler water does taint the coffee a bit too.... so its 6 or half a dozen.. But for me Id choose the Minore II if I had that money.

On a slightly separate topic, I find that making coffee quickly for many isnt going to be easy regardless of boiler size IF you have a doserless grinder. More time is spent grinding into the PF than shots and milk steaming which is where a dosered grinder would greatly assist in that. I got a doserless because 95% of the time Im making 1 coffee, but when I try to make for 6, grinding time is a bit tedious.
    One small correction NTE,

Although the Minore II has a form of temperature control it is not a PID.

The steam capacity of the Minore is also much lower than that of the VBM.

Nevertheless, its a good machine for the outlay...

regards

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Thundergod link=1220843273/0#14 date=1220854935
    I remember when I said I couldnt see myself getting into roasting.......................................... .......................
    I said the same thing... but currently tryin to figure out the best way to get into it.
    Dont want a popper, and my panasonic bread maker needs to be hacked to work properly.

Would ultimately love a gene or hottop.....but too $pendy :-[

Quote Originally Posted by gronk62 link=1220843273/0#17 date=1220856299
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundergod link=1220843273/0#14 date=1220854935
    I said the same thing... but currently tryin to figure out the best way to get into it.
    Dont want a popper, and my panasonic bread maker needs to be hacked to work properly.

Would ultimately love a gene or hottop.....but too $pendy *:-[
    Hey Gronk
    I remember asking you that ;) question
    Just get a heat gun and a stainless steel bowl
    Does a great job
    KK

Hi Rio and welcome,

In your nominated price bracket, Id suggest the Unico Splendor Maxi.

It works really well, is extremely reliable, and has great capacity to entertain. The standard of build and finish are exemplary. And weve been working with the manufacturer for a number of years to build up a list of "signature specs" that are incorporated on the production line to improve our own imports for the benefit of our clients.

Its three "brothers and sisters" the

Diadema Junior Plus Semi Automatica;
    Diadema Junior Plus Levetta, and
    Diadema Junior Elettronica,

are internally the same great machine in different bodies, so if if you want to check some different styles please check on our website.

Oh and yes nearly forgot to mention, our new Diadema Junior EXTRA is in the container arriving in store next week. You can see it here at the top of the page on the LHS:
    http://cosmorexcoffee.com.au/coffee-machines/office/default.aspx

If we can help, please do not hesitate to call me direct.

Regardz,
    Attilio
    aka FC, first / original CS site sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1220843273/0#18 date=1220856554
    Quote Originally Posted by gronk62 link=1220843273/0#17 date=1220856299

Would ultimately love a gene or hottop.....but too $pendy *:-[
    Hey Gronk
    I remember asking you that *;) question
    Just get a heat gun and a stainless steel bowl
    Does a great job
    KK
    I remember bein asked that. Only reason Im interested is to try to save some $$ on beans. Wifey is not real happy about spending around 50 bucks a month on coffee alone so I figure if I can roast my own for a fair bit less than that it should make her happier *::)
    Otherwise I may be forced to go back to the stale beans from the stupidmarket

Site Sponsor

Hi Rio,

We have the Vibiemme Super Lever, Giotto Premium Plus, and Expobar Minore II available for demonstration if you would like to come in and compare them. We do supply the Unico Splendor, however do not not have a demo model of this at the moment.

We recently used the Giotto Premium for a family funtion of 40 people and it didnt skip a beat! All these machines will do the job you require - the Vibiemme Super Lever is certainly the one with the most grunt, however they are all more than capable.

Please feel free to contact us if youd like further information/advice. We are open 7 days a week.

Deb & Charlie

info@jetblackespresso.com.au
    9904 0409
    0422 813 592

Thanks heaps it looks like my best bet is to come down to Sydney and try some.
    The Vibiemme Domobar Super sounds like it will be great, so Ill come come down.
    Question is it really 57cm deep? Thats deeper than the Rancilio.

Site Sponsor

Dimensions as follows:

Dimensions: 270w x 530d x 410h - only 53 deep!

Deb

TC

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlack Espresso link=1220843273/20#23 date=1220864060
    Dimensions as follows:

Dimensions: 270w x 530d x 410h - only 53 deep!

Deb
    57cm to the front of the handle on the drip tray ;)

Chris

Thanks Deb and Chris --- I will be in touch soon
    RioNegro