Thread: New Expobar Leva and Macap M5

New Expobar Leva and Macap M5

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Thought Id post a pic of my new setup. Im fairly new to this level of interest in coffee having upgraded from a Cafe Aroma and no Grinder. The results although not immediate due to my technique have been great. Bought everything through Kane at coffeecraft (who I noticed is a new site sponsor) and has been a great help with my aftersale questions and got me the lot for a very good price. Good job.
    Im enjoying dialing everything in but I think the biggest improvement has come from the grinder and having fresh beens. Cant believe I waited this long. I still have alot to learn though..

Re: New Expobar Leva and Macap M5

Hey Daisy, your setup looks good. :)
    How is your boiler pressure setup going?
    I like your tamper. I think this means now I will have to take a photo of my setup and post it.
    Curious if you machine has the cool touch steam wand as they seem to come with that now. The only "upgrade" I have done with my leva is have Chris from Talk Coffee locate me some top tray handles (holes are already there) and this has made my daily water refill much easier as I have a number of shot and cups on my tray.

Justin

Caffeine Junky

Nice set up there Daisy and great to see another Adelaide CS member (were slowly building up - maybe we too can one day have a gathering).

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Beautiful Setup there!, super shiney!, i can see you will have the same dramas im having with fingerprints ;) ha ha, seriously though, great purchase, the Leva was on my shortlist for sure, beaten only by an unbelievable price offer for the Giotto, have fun, you and all your friends/family will be very appreciative! ;D

cheers
    warren

Congrats on the new set up
    Wishing you, many years of happy conversations over a great coffee for you Daisy

KK

Quote Originally Posted by 695650574A4D67230 link=1253068455/1#1 date=1253069822
    Hey Daisy, your setup looks good. :)
    How is your boiler pressure setup going?
    I like your tamper. I think this means now I will have to take a photo of my setup and post it.
    Curious if you machine has the cool touch steam wand as they seem to come with that now. The only "upgrade" I have done with my leva is have Chris from Talk Coffee locate me some top tray handles (holes are already there) and this has made my daily water refill much easier as I have a number of shot and cups on my tray.

Justin
    Thanks folks, All I had to do was turn the OPV down a bit to reduce the brew pressure and that made a massive difference to shot quality. It has the cool touch steam wand and new rocker switch the same as the minore. Tray handles are coming too Im making my own out of some jarrah to match my tamper..

Here is a shot of my setup. I have the Mazzer for normal coffee and the Iberital for decaf.

Justin

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

God I love shiney machinery! Why do ppl have separate grinders for decaf? Is it just for the grind difference?

Nice Daisy.
    Almost like mine (including the Macap).
    The handles make a big difference.
    Now all you need is the old ugly feet.

Dropped the Pstat down to .9 to 1.0 and I think Im pretty close now. Only require a 150ml cooling flush and am getting tasty shots not bitter or sour.

TC

Hi Daisy,

Sounds to me like your machine is running without thermosyphon restriction. If not installed, your supplier should (could?) have offered to ugrade your machine and youd be able to run 1.1-1.2 bar with minimal if any cooling flush.

Did they just sell you a box? *:-?