Thread: new machine advice needed ASAP

new machine advice needed ASAP

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Everyone *great to be here *my Ascaso duo pro died last nite again
    i have almost replaced every darn part in this useless machine now the boiler and element all one has gone and no parts to replace
    I need advice on a new machine please , one where i can buy parts *without any dramas *im in Melb. *budget $3 k *i own a grinder
    we have lots of latte here and blacks * about 25 -30 a day
    I need to to run external tank for water which i have ,a short start up cycle preferably *,pressure and temp gauges a must ,we run 15 amp and 3 phase also in our house /factory *yes we live at work .
    Space is a kitchen sink bench 460 mm deep * *, Any help in pointing me at a excelent machine would be great * many thanks *again
    Im sufferring from caffine withdrawals badly * *i need a machine this week . * *:(

TC

Re: new machine advice needed ASAP

Hi vk3,

Sorry to hear that you have issues...

I think your brief suggests that you should consider a machine with rotary pump and plumb it in. For mine, I think you should look at a 1 group commercial machine. Do you have a budget in mind?

There are lots of great options and wed be happy to assist. You are most welcome to make contact....

regards

Chris

Thanks Chris I would love plumbed in but wife wont let me drill holes in sink or our new tiles out of question on that one Budget also is $3 k perhaps $3.2k

Cheers Leon

TC

Hi Leon,

I think with the volumes of coffee you do, its best to stay as close to commercial as possible. Some possibilities:
    [*]VBM Domobar Super[*]Iberital Handy (LAnna)[*]LaSpaziale Vivaldi

The Handy is a commercial machine with rotary pump and tank. Its not the sexiest, but is a real workhorse. CS mod scootagal has one. RRP is $3.4k

Next down, the VBM. 2.7L boiler, lots of steam and a big 4L tank so you could fill it in the morning and then forget about it. This machine is vibe pump, not rotary. The drip tray is also huge. RRP is $3.2k. The Vivaldi is 1 group commercial with rotary pump but no tank. It will run off an external tank but will require an additional pump to provide mains pressure- as it will not draw from an external tank by itself. $3.5k but we have them at $$$$ off and within your budget.

Wed be delighted to look after you with a great deal on either and have a VBM demo on our bench and more stock arriving tomorrow. We can also get you a Handy or LaSpaziale for the weekend.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 6B762E67731D0 link=1257213263/0#0 date=1257213263

Space is a kitchen sink bench 460 mm deep * *
    Hmmm, depth might be a challenge here. Is there anywhere else that you can position the machine/grinder to give you a bit more depth to work with?

The LaSpaziale should still fit though yes Chris?

vk3zn wrote on Yesterday at 12:54:
    Space is a kitchen sink bench 460 mm deep
    My Bezzera Galatea will fit
    Dimensions: 360mmW x 455mmD x 450mmH

Also comes *with Tank or Plumbed-In versions

Solid as a rock reliability

KK

Quote Originally Posted by 29346C25315F0 link=1257213263/0#0 date=1257213263
    Hi Everyone *great to be here *my Ascaso duo pro died last nite again
    i have almost replaced every darn part in this useless machine now the boiler and element all one has gone and no parts to replace
    I need advice on a new machine please , one where i can buy parts *without any dramas *im in Melb. *budget $3 k *i own a grinder
    we have lots of latte here and blacks * about 25 -30 a day
    I need to to run external tank for water which i have ,a short start up cycle preferably *,pressure and temp gauges a must ,we run 15 amp and 3 phase also in our house /factory *yes we live at work .
    Space is a kitchen sink bench 460 mm deep * *, Any help in pointing me at a excelent machine would be great * many thanks *again
    Im sufferring from caffine withdrawals badly * *i need a machine this week . * *:(
    Have to agree with KK, I have my Galatea on 455 mm bench, built like a tank, great coffee, lots of steam, a thing of beauty and can be plumbed in.
    Well worth a look.

Just like to say thanks for all advice given
    Finally decided on the VBM super need to make bench deeper eventualy at the moment its sitting on a piece of granite which sits on our sink i knew all the offcuts of granite would come in handy one ,
    Thanks to Chris for the excellent service and price just one thing the water tank far too small for me so im running a 10 litre tank in Paralell with it conected via hose looks ugly have to bend up some stainless to cover the plastic bottle in time
    Otherwise great coffee from this machine :) ;)

cheers