Thread: Yet another Bezzera Domus from Roger at Supreme Roasters

Yet another Bezzera Domus from Roger at Supreme Roasters

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    The DG was at the top of my shortlist and after visiting Roger today with my wife I was convinced.

Roger also had a Giotto Premium Plus and an Expobar Minore III on display. Coincidentally these were 2 and 3 on my shortlist. We didnt end up testing the Minore as I had decided to cull it before we arrived.

I would have loved to have tried a Diadema Junior Extra that Mal recommended but I hadnt found anyone in Brisbane who sold it. I didnt try very hard though as Roger had been so helpful that I really preferred to buy a machine from him.

The Giotto and DG were both beautiful machines and there wasnt much between them in performance that I could really see. I was impressed that I was able to froth a pretty decent jug of foam first go on the DG (the Giotto would have been just as capable). Im new to all this and had only learnt to stretch milk for the first time a few days ago so I credit the machines for making it simple for me.

The fact the distributors for Bezzera are less than 10kms away from me also helped to sway the decision in the DGs favour. However the Giotto is equally capable (and as good looking too) and we would have been just as happy with it.

Thank you Roger for your time and advice. It sounds like you sold two DGs today - not a bad effort.

See you on Saturday.

Dom

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Re: Yet another Bezzera Domus from Roger at Supreme Roasters

Hey dom,
    Congrats on the purchase of a fine machine!, quite a crew of Bezzera fans here on CS, youll have a ball with it, remember the only thing we ask for.......PHOTOS when ya bring her home! ;)

Enjoy
    warren

Quote Originally Posted by 24311438242A392E394B0 link=1257417255/0#0 date=1257417255
    The DG was at the top of my shortlist and after visiting Roger today with my wife I was convinced.

Roger also had a Giotto Premium Plus and an Expobar Minore III on display. Coincidentally these were 2 and 3 on my shortlist. We didnt end up testing the Minore as I had decided to cull it before we arrived.

I would have loved to have tried a Diadema Junior Extra that Mal recommended but I hadnt found anyone in Brisbane who sold it. I didnt try very hard though as Roger had been so helpful that I really preferred to buy a machine from him.

The Giotto and DG were both beautiful machines and there wasnt much between them in performance that I could really see. I was impressed that I was able to froth a pretty decent jug of foam first go on the DG (the Giotto would have been just as capable). Im new to all this and had only learnt to stretch milk for the first time a few days ago so I credit the machines for making it simple for me.

The fact the distributors for Bezzera are less than 10kms away from me also helped to sway the decision in the DGs favour. However the Giotto is equally capable (and as good looking too) and we would have been just as happy with it.

Thank you Roger for your time and advice. It sounds like you sold two DGs today - not a bad effort.

See you on Saturday.

Dom

I arrived just after you Dom and bought the same machine. congrats on the purchase.

Yes i am sure Roger was very happy with todays events but not as happy as i will be on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by 73775148484D52454A240 link=1257417255/1#1 date=1257418039
    Hey dom,
    Congrats on the purchase of a fine machine!, quite a crew of Bezzera fans here on CS, youll have a ball with it, remember the only thing we ask for.......PHOTOS when ya bring her home! ;)

Enjoy
    warren
    Thanks Warren. Ill take a couple of pics on Saturday. The DG might look a little small next to the Mazzer Super Jolly but at least it will be shinier!

I am surrounded with fellow Bezzera Galatea Owners
    It calls for coffees all around ;)

We need to meet up at the Brisbane get together Sunday 15 Nov 09
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1253365556/0

KK

Quote Originally Posted by 6C7D68733C0 link=1257417255/2#2 date=1257418270
    I arrived just after you Dom and bought the same machine. *congrats on the purchase.

Yes i am sure Roger was very happy with todays events but not as *happy as i will be on Saturday.
    I commend your excellent taste PATO! Well try not to keep Roger too long at our place (unless youve got him coming to your house on the very early shift).

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by 6D4940404343796D49554B49260 link=1257417255/4#4 date=1257419028
    I am surrounded with fellow Bezzera Galatea Owners
    It calls for coffees all around * ;)

We need to meet up at the Brisbane get together Sunday 15 Nov 09
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1253365556/0

KK
    Thanks for the invitation KK. At this stage we have something on that Sunday but if the plans change it would be good to pop in for a visit and get to meet some of the other CSers.

Dom

Not a problem Dom
    We also meet up at Veneziano Caffe from time to time
    QLD Barista Championships will be held there 13 Dec 09

Also coffee cupping sessions a few times a year
    KK

Veneziano isnt too far from me. Will be worth checking out the Barista Championships although Ill feel terribly inadequate after watching them.

Dom

Congratulations on your purchase Dom, seems to have been a run on these over the past week or so, they really are a great machine. :)

Site Sponsor

Hi Dom was greating have you and your wife out here yesterday. Really does brighten the heart to see people learn so much about great coffee so quickly. The fact you are both so passionate about wanting to learn more and the commitment to great coffee through the Super Jolly and Domus will see you making great coffees at home that will have your friends permeantly visiting and the general public knocking on your door trying to get a tasty brew!

Looking forward to seeing you both tommorow nice and early!

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by 2134113D212F3C2B3C4E0 link=1257417255/0#0 date=1257417255
    Excellent decision Dom.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

While I and lots of others love our Diadema machines, the Bezzera D. Galatea was one of the machines right at the top of my short-list too and is an excellent machine. Im sure you will enjoy many years of terrific coffee from your new combo and excellent follow-up service from Supreme Roasters... 8-)

Cheers,
    Mal.

Welcome to the DG owners club Dom!!

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words JonW, Mal and happihappi. Were very happy with our decision and cant wait to get it fired up tomorrow when Roger arrives.

Roger, Ive been madly sniffing those bags of beans you gave us - my wife thinks Ive gone a little strange. The chocolate aroma from the PNG Organic is especially amazing. Cant wait to taste it in the cup.

Dom

Roger arrived this morning and dialled in the Mazzer Super Jolly and fired up the Bezzera. After a bit of tweaking we were getting some great espressos and lattes. Needless to say were very pleased with the results.

Thanks again for your help Roger. The level of service youve given has been exceptional.

I promised some pics so here they are:

These are of the Mazzer SJ and Domus set up in readiness for Roger to arrive. The Domus is so shiny its really hard to photograph!

I think Im going to be overdosing on caffeine for the next few days while I get the hang of the new toys.

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by 2A3F1A362A24372037450 link=1257417255/14#14 date=1257601086
    Roger arrived this morning and dialled in the Mazzer Super Jolly and fired up the Bezzera. After a bit of tweaking we were getting some great espressos and lattes. Needless to say were very pleased with the results.

Thanks again for your help Roger. The level of service youve given has been exceptional.

I promised some pics so here they are:

These are of the Mazzer SJ and Domus set up in readiness for Roger to arrive. The Domus is so shiny its really hard to photograph!
    Very nice Dom, is this your first machine or was it an upgrade?
    You know the most annoying part of my set-up is the fact that the back of the machine is against a wall so the beautiful Bezzera snake logo is hidden :(
    Will take some shots as you have done and post them soon, its always interesting and informative to see how others go about things.

now thats a good idea Dom, where did you get the stainless tray for under the grinder?

Quote Originally Posted by 754940584D2C0 link=1257417255/15#15 date=1257629718
    You know the most annoying part of my set-up is the fact that the back of the machine is against a wall so the beautiful Bezzera snake logo is hidden Sad
    Will take some shots as you have done and post them soon, its always interesting and informative to see how others go about things. *
    Thanks Jon. This is my first machine - went from a Bodum and a drip filter straight to this. I tend not to muck around when Ive made up my mind to do something. Its making up my mind that takes forever.

Luckily for me if we had it against the splashback it would have taken up too much of the food preparation area. Its great how things turn out sometimes!

I think my wife loves it on the bench actually. She just wont let on.

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by 4E5F4A511E0 link=1257417255/16#16 date=1257638665
    now thats a good idea Dom, where did you get the stainless tray for under the grinder?
    Its just a cheap plated baking tray PATO. My wife picked it up from Coles or Woolies. It does the job and is around 360mm x 360mm.

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by 24311438242A392E394B0 link=1257417255/17#17 date=1257639629
    Quote Originally Posted by 754940584D2C0 link=1257417255/15#15 date=1257629718
    You know the most annoying part of my set-up is the fact that the back of the machine is against a wall so the beautiful Bezzera snake logo is hidden Sad
    Will take some shots as you have done and post them soon, its always interesting and informative to see how others go about things. *
    Thanks Jon. This is my first machine - went from a Bodum and a drip filter straight to this. I tend not to muck around when Ive made up my mind to do something. Its making up my mind that takes forever.

Luckily for me if we had it against the splashback it would have taken up too much of the food preparation area. Its great how things turn out sometimes!

I think my wife loves it on the bench actually. She just wont let on.

Dom
    Bit of a shame you went straight to the top of the heap, youll never experience the thrill of the upgrade and the gradual improvement of coffee that comes with it ::) not suggesting the BGD is the best available but its closer to the top than the bottom, certainly the best built/featured/performing machine for the money I could find.
    My first machine was a Krups, lasted about 18 months to be followed by a Silvia/Rocky combo, Silvia did a great job, lasted about 8 years and as you know was replaced last week by the BG, a quantum leap.
    Still have Rocky, great little grinder and see no reason to replace it at this stage. :)

I agree doing the incremental upgrades can be fun and a good learning experience but I chose to go straight to an E61/HX machine as thats what I considered to be the minimum that would do a satisfactory job for us. We drink more milk coffees than espressos (only 4 or 5 a week) so steam performance was high on the list.

The Silvia/Rocky combo was the first one that I started looking into when I decided that I would get an espresso machine. After a couple of months of research I ended up with the Mazzer Super Jolly first and then the Bezerra.

A lot of people seem to be very happy with their Rockys (modified or otherwise) so I can understand why you would hang on to it.

After a weekend of caffeine heaven Im still delighted with the purchase. No disappointment whatsoever - these ones are keepers. I cant see myself upgrading to something like the twin boiler LM GS/3 but you never know. For the moment the wife and the bank account tell me no upgrades for quite a while.

Dom

Im jealous! Think ill have to make the trip down to supreme roasters soon... i have never been able to try any of these machines so i really have no idea how much better they would be compared to my current setup.

I know the wife is getting me a bunnings voucher for xmas so that i can get a corretto. Its going to be a happy new year :P I just wish my current machine would break so i have an excuse to get a new one!

Site Sponsor

Dom, anytime you want to drop down over the next week I will be around. Have the Supremo blend waiting for you!

As a side note it would be great to have a wine snobs section/forum... Doms cellar range is amazing and noteworthy! Also worthy of note is that his wine trained pallet was great for picking up the flavours and subtleties in our blends. Im working slowly to make the journey in reverse!

Rival, still waiting for you to come visit... come play with our ever growing range of toys... I mean machines! Definitely looking at increasing our range and scope in the showroom this year with more demonstrator grinders and machines for 2010!

Thanks Roger. Ill be down your way on Thursday but will call first to see if youre there. Looking forward to trying some more of your Supremo blend.