Thread: Bezzera B2006AL single group lever

Bezzera B2006AL single group lever

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I live in Canada, so the market is a bit different here, but I think its probably easier to find information on this machine on Coffee Snobs.

Im interested in purchasing a single group lever machine for home use. *I decided long ago that I dont really want one of the small Pavoni, Elektra, etc. manual machines, because I want to be able to pull a lot of shots back to back. *Ive also considered the Ponte Vecchio Lusso, but I am a bit concerned about small shot volume, as well as various build quality issues Ive read about. *I have a line on a used Lusso right now, but its made me wonder whether I should just go for a proper single group commercial machine like the Bezzera B2006AL. *Im used to an Izzo Alex Duetto, and I dont want something that comes off as a dinky toy machine by comparison.

I have actually been looking for a used commercial lever machine for a couple of months now, scouring Craigslist and Kijiji across the country. *Ive found a few interesting machines, but nothing worth buying and having shipped to me. *I even found a two group Nuova Simonelli machine advertised as a "cappicinno machine" for only $500, with a lovely photo of it sitting outside, covered in snow *:o

I know there are some other single group commercial levers available, like the Rancilio Classe 6, Astoria AL-1, etc. *One of the nice things about the Bezzera is that it will run on a regular 15 amp 120V circuit here. *Most commercial machines that will run on 120V (like the Rancilio) require special 30A circuits, so theres no benefit to not just running a 240V line. *Its also significantly cheaper than anything else.

Im aware of the requirement to plumb in both the input and drip tray, but Id probably be running it off a flo jet and bucket (high tech solution!). *Id definitely prefer an exposed group, but the Bezzera is covered. *Is there anything else I should know about the it? Is it a good choice for home use? *Something else I should consider? *Hold out for a used commercial lever, just get the Lusso instead?

Re: Bezzera B2006AL single group lever

I have an Expobar Leva Im very happy with.
    You could also go for the twin boiler version.
    Over there I think theyre called the Brewtus.

Maybe not the prettiest of machines but solid and reliable.

You can go wrong with the reliability and build quality of the Bezzera
    Another machine to look out for is the ELLISSE DE 3GR

KK

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6B4F464645457F6B4F534D4F200 link=1270507607/2#2 date=1270509764
    You can go wrong with the reliability and build quality of the Bezzera
    Another machine to look out for is the ELLISSE DE 3GR

KK

Nice.. But how available ?

AND

Quote Originally Posted by 624F427F6D43624F42200 link=1270507607/0#0 date=1270507607
    Im interested in purchasing a single group lever machine for home use. *I decided long ago that I dont really want one of the small Pavoni, Elektra, etc. manual machines, because I want to be able to pull a lot of shots back to back.
    Yes... As time goes on I have been looking for a while..

Had a Pavoni some time ago but for lots of reasons sold it for a song...

Getting an older classic would be great... But luck is not always in my neck of the woods, but always on the look out. Know where there are a couple - not working / or being used; but the owners just have them under covers...

Thus my fingers are crossed for a "Ponte Vecchio LUSSO 2 (Dual) Group Lever Espresso Machine Classic Club Design"from one of teh sponsors here.... Sorrentina Coffee.

Now if a few things happen... Lotto and or a bit a luck...

I will have my Della Corte Mini in the kitchen and get a Ponte Vecchio LUSSO 2 on the rear deck in a couple of months...

Best of luck in ya searching.

Quote Originally Posted by 436C6567704F636C6365676F676C76020 link=1270507607/3#3 date=1270511457
    Nice.. But how available ?
    Bob is from Canada
    I am pretty sure the North American area has lots of lever type machines of several brands available to them *

KK

I did check out the Ellisse, but it seems to be basically the same machine as the B2006AL, with a prettier facade and significantly higher price.

Im a little concerned about how enormous the B2006AL is. *49cm x 45cm x 49cm. *Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by 664B467B6947664B46240 link=1270507607/5#5 date=1270533356
    I did check out the Ellisse, but it seems to be basically the same machine as the B2006AL, with a prettier facade and significantly higher price.

Im a little concerned about how enormous the B2006AL is. *49cm x 45cm x 49cm. *Hmm...
    Thats about the size of my Bezzera BZ40
    I think its just right
    However its not very good if space is an issue :o

KK

I will have my Della Corte Mini in the kitchen and get a Ponte Vecchio LUSSO 2 on the rear deck in a couple of months...
    You wont have to walk far for a coffee AM :)

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 243B31203D333F3720520 link=1270507607/7#7 date=1270591213
    You wont have to walk far for a coffee AM :)
    Walk :o :o :o

The wife will bring it to me :-*

Very considerate of you AM, obviously making you wifes life easier.

Hi Bob,

Levers are lovely ;) Best bet as a Canadian would be have a good look around here http://www.home-barista.com/levers/ and ask the question what is currently available locally, there is a thread I will try and find that lists them. Personally I would look for availability from Chris Coffee at the Izzo levers if they are able to get one for you or the San Marco Fiorenzato. My 3 group Izzo rocks and the reports on the San Marco or Izzo single groups are really good too.

Apart from that Craigs list Feral Bay etc are the likely spots to find a second hand one.

good luck in your search :)

Ive been checking Craiglist and Kijiji across the country every day for a couple of months now, but not a whole lot of stuff comes up in the States, let alone Canada. *Ive found a few interesting machines like this Nuova Simonelli, but nothing worth having shipped. *Ive been told by a couple of used equipment dealers that there the market over here rejected lever style machines very quickly, so there isnt really much in the way of used equipment making the rounds. *I gather there is a lot more interest in big commercial lever machines in Australia.

I was actually hoping there might be someone on coffeesnobs who owns or has used one of these Bezzera lever machines. *It seems like a pretty good choice compared to a used vintage machine with a questionable history, and no other new single group can touch it for the price. *It also has the huge advantage of running off a regular 120V 15A circuit here, which is rather unusual for a machine of this size. *Im assuming it is solid in operation, good temp stability and control with the thermosiphon system, reliable, etc. *The only problem I have is that its so bloody enormous. *It makes the single group Elektra Sixties look positively small by comparison!

The seller of that Ponte Vecchio Lusso got in touch with me again. *I think I might have a go with it before committing to the cost and space requirements of the Bezzera, but I can almost guarantee Ill want something more.

Its really too bad nobody makes a home use lever machine more in line with some of the higher end pump-driven models. *The only machine I know of between the dinky Pavonis and the monster commercial units is the Lusso, which misses on some key points like full size portafilter and large shot volume, and definitely has questionable build quality.

Hi Bob,

actually ran across your thread on HB the other day too ;) The Ponte Vecchio has been getting good reports for a couple of years but not many of them in Australia yet. Your right on price most of the commercials are exe and huge. The Izzo 1grp is around 60kg with a 5 litre boiler and circa $5k AUD.

Bit of a shortage of lever users here unfortunately, mainly Elektra, Pavonis or older ex commercial machines and I havnt seen anyone here using a Bezzera lever.

The only other machine that might tick your boxes is the Olympia but they are an overpriced over speced Pavoni ::)

Another interesting machine is the La Pavoni Pub 1EL. *Low wattage like the Bezzera, unfortunately also rather huge, but only takes up 15" of counter space (making up for the difference in the depth). *Interstingly, its a pour-over model with a 2.5L reservoir and large drip tray. *I dont think it can be plumbed in, which is actually a little annoying.

Perhaps more suitable for home use than the Bezzera?

mod edit- commercial link removed

Time for a bigger kitchen for you maybe and a 220v line in ;)

I am considering putting the 2 group in my kitchen when I get it renovated only 3000W of boiler with one leg removed (4500W standard) ;D The poor little Pav might get relegated to camping duties.

The Pub lever looks simple ans serviceable too should a heap lighter than some of the other single group commercials.

Ive actually passed on a couple of decent looking machines because of the higher voltage requirement. *I move around quite a lot right now, and its not feasible to do electrical work in a rented apartment, so being able to run the machine off a standard circuit is an enormous advantage (for an enormous machine :D). *The Astoria AL-1 single group can run off a 120V 20A circuit, but only newer buildings have them in the kitchen here.

Im not sure what was wrong with my link to La Pavonis web site. *It just gives specs and has the exploded parts diagram and manual. *Are we not allowed to link to a machine manufacturers own site?

Another interesting machine is the La Pavoni Pub 1EL
    I recall reading a Ponte Vecchio Lusso thread on German site Kaffe-Netz a comment that the German PV distributor who also sells the LaPav Pub preferred the espresso from the PV Lusso. I cant find it at the moment as Im partway through a computer update and my bookmarks have gone west. Im waiting for junior to come over and put things right then Ill dig it up and post it, just in case Ive taken something out of context.

TC

[split] [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1271111638/0#0][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Snipped from the thread as promised
    Jens has a zweigruppige Pavoni bar of Leva in its cafe and it stated always rigidly and firmly, the purchase from the PVL is better. And I do not believe that he would lie me impudently, because he knows that I will visit him shortly and a head am larger!
    The entire thread is Here go to last post on page 3 enjoy the Babelfish.

Hi Bob,

Definitely go for a commercial Lever ! I was seriously considering the Bezzera (about A$3,400 over here) until I stumbled upon my 2 machines. We use the Rancilio Z9 lever every day and its wonderful for a home machine and definitely not too big ! Plumbed in + autofil + lever + home roasted coffee = heaven :)

Good luck with your search.

Cheers
    Mokka

Quote Originally Posted by 657F7B79787B737A74160 link=1270507607/19#19 date=1271211598
    Definitely go for a commercial Lever !
    I think its getting more likely. *I just ordered a Baratza Vario to use as a second grinder beside my K10 WBC, mainly because I figured I would need another grinder for a second espresso machine. *My PV Lusso deal seems to be falling through...

Nobody over here seems to be at all interested in selling me a Pub 1EL. *Ive asked several dealers for quotes; most of them have tried to talk me out of it, and the one price I actually got is ridiculously higher than the European pricing. *I get the feeling they just pulled a big number out of their ass to stop me from buying it.

Still not much luck on the used front. *A Cimbali M20L came up on Craigslist, but the seller hasnt replied. *It looks like its in good condition, but it isnt particularly cheap, and its definitely not much of a looker.

I managed to get a glamour shot of the single group B2006AL from Bezzera. *Its certainly not a bad-looking machine. *Too bad the group isnt exposed. *Theres also no cover under the cowling, so you get to stare up into the bowels if you like to watch your extractions. Its a plain non-nonsense design, both externally and internally, though. You can actually get it with black or plain stainless panels, but I think the red is much nicer.

I ended up buying the Bezzera through a complicated arrangement. *Should be here by Monday. *I will report back :)

i need electronical scheme for bezzera ellisse?
    anyone know were can i find it

Contact Chris at Barazi, he will help you out.

http://bezzeracoffeemachine.com.au/contact/headoffice

Quote Originally Posted by 676B66637961657E0A0 link=1270507607/22#22 date=1301331437
    i need electronical scheme for bezzera ellisse?
    anyone know were can i find it
    Only the Ellisse 1 & 2 group drawings are available
    http://www.bezzera.it/home_ing.html

KK