Thread: Wega Mini Nova Classic - thoughts please ??

Wega Mini Nova Classic - thoughts please ??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi - I have tried searching here for posts on the Wega Mini Nova Classic. Does anyone have any experience with this machine ? Seems to have a nice big boiler, lever operated three way valve, not sure yet about other features but I am going to do some more looking into this machine over the weekend. I saw one this afternoon at Di Bella in Brisbane and it definitely looks like a nice machine.

If anyone has used one what are your thoughts on temp stability, quality of build, plumbed in wit rotary pump or tank with vibe pump ?

A_M

Re: Wega Mini Nova Classic - thoughts please ??

Quote Originally Posted by 2A2F2A362E737374430 link=1270820343/0#0 date=1270820343
    Hi - I have tried searching here for posts on the Wega Mini Nova Classic. Does anyone have any experience with this machine ? Seems to have a nice big boiler, lever operated three way valve, not sure yet about other features but I am going to do some more looking into this machine over the weekend. I saw one this afternoon at Di Bella in Brisbane and it definitely looks like a nice machine.

If anyone has used one what are your thoughts on temp stability, quality of build, plumbed in wit rotary pump or tank with vibe pump ?
    http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/commercial/wega_dubious-download-place

lever operated three way valve

3 way valve = yes

Mini lever to en-gauge a switch = yes

Leaver = no

http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product_details.asp?pid=319

Big tank... Still the standard element..

Mininovas have a unique squared boiler, also a separate HX for the hot water tap so your drawing fresh hot water not boiler water. Water reservoir is small but has its own lid.
    Nice consumer reviews over on CG here 110V machines and our machines may be set up a bit different to USA machines but its a place to do a bit of reading.

Quote Originally Posted by 123D3436211E323D3234363E363D27530 link=1270820343/1#1 date=1270822866
    3 way valve = yes

Mini lever to en-gauge a switch = yes

Leaver = no
    What I meant by lever is the fact the 3-way electric solenoid is done away with in favour of a mechanical/manual valve. I understand this is not a coffee press lever machine - there is one going on eBay at the moment though :) I just like the manual 3-way valves on this type of machine. Isomac Tea / Giotto etc all seem to have this arrangement.

The lever is used not just to operate a switch to turn on the pump, it also operates the 3-way valve. I like this because it removes another electrical solenoid click out of the process ;) I think that on some machines the pre-infusion piston is also contained in this assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by 253A30213C323E3621530 link=1270820343/2#2 date=1270850831
    Mininovas have a unique squared boiler
    Is this good or bad ?? Sounds strange !!

Is this good or bad ?? Sounds strange !!
    I can only assume it makes for a more compact form factor.

I have a mini nova classic. It is a superb machine - mine is rotary and is plumbed in - and is just superb. The build quality is magnificent - just open her up and have a look - everything is so neatly put together. It feels solid as a rock and I just love its looks - a modernish take on the "classic"look. I am not a technician so I cant answere any techical questions but I can tell you it sure makes fabulous coffee!!!!

Just for the record, I believe the mininova classic is quite a bit different technically from the normal mininova and does not have a separate HX for the hot water tap so you are drawing boiler water.