Thread: Is Isomac tea as good as the Giotto, the Expobars etc?

Is Isomac tea as good as the Giotto, the Expobars etc?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi again.

For the past week i have spent almost every hour looking at espresso machines and reading forums.

Suddenly i felt over a great offer: the Isomac Tea 2 for €900 = AUD 1278

But now im stuck with the question. Is this machine as good as the the $2500 ECM Giotto and the Expobar Brewtus?

I cant really find them compared anywhere, so I would love to hear your opinions.

TC

Re: Is Isomac tea as good as the Giotto, the Expobars etc?

Quote Originally Posted by 6D68616A7770606B030 link=1273654591/0#0 date=1273654591
    Hi again.

For the past week i have spent almost every hour looking at espresso machines and reading forums.

Suddenly i felt over a great offer: the Isomac Tea 2 for €900 = AUD 1278

But now im stuck with the question. Is this machine as good as the the $2500 ECM Giotto and the Expobar Brewtus?

I cant really find them compared anywhere, so I would love to hear your opinions.
    :-?....I dont think so. Otherwise itd be $3000 as well!

The thing is, that its $2045.00 in Aussie

Difficult to answer as you seem to have different prices in different currencies for different machines.
    e.g You dont say what the Giotto is in Euros. Usually it is not safe to convert the price on the exchange rate alone. *It may cost a lot more if you intent to import.

If you are overseas the comparisons may not work on price alone.

In most cases you get what you pay for. *

I know. But here in denmark, where I am, the prices are almost the same as in Australia...

But the Isomac Tea, and only the Isomac Tea, is half the price if I order it from France.

And now im wondering if the Isomac is as good as the other models.

They are all 3 almost the same price in Denmark, almost the same price in Australia, but the Isomac Tea is only half the price in France.
    And that why Im wondering if its as good as the other ones, or just overprice everywhere else than in france.

Sounds like France has a different taxing system, or you avoid you local import tax or there is a export product arrangement or it fell off a truck. How does warranty work if it fails. You should check this out with other products to see if the same applies.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7C79707B6661717A120 link=1273654591/4#4 date=1273664832
    I know. But here in denmark, where I am, the prices are almost the same as in Australia...

But the Isomac Tea, and only the Isomac Tea, is half the price if I order it from France.

And now im wondering if the Isomac is as good as the other models.

They are all 3 almost the same price in Denmark, almost the same price in Australia, but the Isomac Tea is only half the price in France.
    And that why Im wondering if its as good as the other ones, or just overprice everywhere else than in france.

Many things influence price and it is not always clear and nor does it often make sense.

Have pulled a few shots on the Giotto but only seen the Tea on the shelf...

My gut says Giotto...

Then there are a lot of assumptions... CoffeeGeek shows you got no response to teh same question...

Lets confirm some things;

1: Which Giotto ???

2: Which Isomac Tea ( maybe teh French are selling old stock - Tea II is different to the TEA)

Apples with apples or forget it.

3: What do you expect from the unit as to functionality or is it just teh $$$

Thank you for all your inputs. I really appreciate you taking your time, to answer my "silly" question :)

The Isomac Im looking on is the Isomac Tea II. The other one is the ECM Giotto Premium. They both come with 1 year warranty.

Im out to buy my first "real" espresso machine (ive had one of those Nespressos before).

The build quality should be good, and of cause it should be good at making espressos and steaming milk.

Im 21 years old, and my budget is pretty tight. I cannot afford a $2500 machine.

That would say that I could either buy the new Isomac Tea 2, or look out for a used Giotto Premium, or another one in that league.

If either machine is available for very similar cost then there is no comparison in my view, Id buy the Giotto PP every time over the Tea II.... :)

The Giotto is a very high quality machine in every respect 8-)

Mal.

From what I have read during my research for a home espresso set up - Isomac Tea have a poorer internal finish compared to others in its price range. I have seen photos of the internal parts and must say I agree although I have not seen one in person before. Take this with a grain of salt as I said I have not seen it in person before.

I have seen the Giotto premium and as Mal said it is very, very well built and quality of external and internal is very high. The Vibiemme comes a very close second in terms of finish. I would have no qualms buying *a used(but well cared for) Giotto.

I have read of glowing reports on Quickmill machines-Anita specifically. Not sure if you can get them in France but they are very well priced and would be my machine of choice if I had a tight budget.

If you have seen a machine in person and like it but cant afford it yet I would suggest waiting and saving up till you can as there is nothing worse then having regrets later. It will be worth it in the long run.

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 3E3B323924233338500 link=1273654591/7#7 date=1273667633
    The Isomac Im looking on is the Isomac Tea II. The other one is the ECM Giotto Premium. They both come with 1 year warranty.
    My understanding is that ECM stopped manufacturing Giotto 2-3 years ago when Rocket took over. Must be fairly old stock.

One item is half the price of the other .......

As a young person jumping into your first REAL E61 machine the TEA is an absolute bargain ....... There is no serious debate that its a steal.

If Isomac Tea was for sale in OZ at $1278 every CS member you have one....... But here in OZ they are $2k and then have to compete with many serious E61 machines .
    I can assure you that a Isomac TEA would sell in OZ for $1500 second hand..... Is it a bargain at $1278 new ??? Of course it is...!!!!

That was what I was hoping to hear [ch9786]

I was just afraid that it couldn’t compete with the Rocket Giotto at all, and therefore it would be a better bargain to gat a used Giotto (which is the exactely same price as a new Tea.)

It isn’t difficult to find a used Quick mill Andreja, or a Rocket Giotto here in Denmark (it would take a week or two to find)…

My dilemma is that I can’t figure out, if I should get a new Tea, or a used Giotto. What would you guys do?

Is there a noticeable difference?

In terms of potential in the cup , i would say the isomac was just as good as the giotto or the brewtus, where they fall down is in the internal layout, a bit messy and poorly designed in my opinion, but keep in mind that all machines have their strong and weak points.The earlier versions had alot of the problems, but these have been sorted in the tea II, At the prices youve been offered i would go with the Isomac for sure, but make sure you do all ya research regarding import duties, warranties etc

AT THAT PRICE ,ID BUY BRAND NEW ........!!!!!!!

Second hand you dont know whats happened previously to a machine , you dont know why people are selling the machine ...... did it run out of water , did it ignite , did the owner have a play with it ...... Warranty is NONE , GONE , ZIP ..... buy s/hand can you allow $4-600 bucks for a full service or rebuild?

Im sorry to be blunt ...... but all this is bloody obvious.

hotshod

Always go the new option, as a warranty is always a great thing to have.

Phil

id go for the isomac.

its not as powerful as the giotto or isomac, but can still make great coffee.
    used machines can be problematic.

ps, got a decent grinder??

Contact www.espressoperfetto.de and take it from there. They have good business and are "close enough" to you.

Regardz,
    A.