Thread: Pressurestat query - San Marino Compact

gc

Pressurestat query - San Marino Compact

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have a San Marino Compact CK about 10 yrs old now. Recently, the pressurestat has become erratic on the high side. I can adjust the screw to increase the pressure but unscrewing it almost completely will not lower the pressure guage beyond about 1.5 bar.

My question is, is the pressurestat finished and needs replacing, or is there something I can do to remedy the situation without replacement?

I should say that I am waiting on delivery of a new pump because an internal spring in the old one (Fluidotek), failed and the pump stopped working. I am wondering whether the pressurestat issue and the failing pump could be related, or that I should just order and replace the pressurestat while waiting for the pump in the mail.

Thanks for any help

TC

Re: Pressurestat query - San Marino Compact

Sounds like its on the way out to me. Id grab a newie

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6165060 link=1276650884/0#0 date=1276650884
    I have a San Marino Compact CK about 10 yrs old now. Recently, the pressurestat has become erratic on the high side. I can adjust the screw to increase the pressure but unscrewing it almost completely will not lower the pressure guage beyond about 1.5 bar.

My question is, is the pressurestat finished and needs replacing, or is there something I can do to remedy the situation without replacement?

I should say that I am waiting on delivery of a new pump because an internal spring in the old one (Fluidotek), failed and the pump stopped working. I am wondering whether the pressurestat issue and the failing pump could be related, or that I should just order and replace the pressurestat while waiting for the pump in the mail.

Thanks for any help *
    What is your location..

Coffeeparts have new and refurb bits for p/Stats

Comes down to $$ and time / effort and who can do it..

Remember -Electrical repairs must be done by an electrical qualified person.

gc

Location Cairns.

I thought the pressurestats like mine may not have repair options. But am happy to dismantle it. Have already ordered the pump from Coffee Parts, but didnt see any repair options except for the Sirai.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 4044270 link=1276650884/3#3 date=1276653632
    Location Cairns.

I thought the pressurestats like mine may not have repair options. But am happy to dismantle it. Have already ordered the pump from Coffee Parts, but didnt see any repair options except for the Sirai.
    True..

But with out details no one can not see inside ya machine (Teleportation not quite finalised) *and thus; what is fitted, may or may not be VS what might be assumed Vs may or may not be... The same...... ROFLOL

Have seen a few where p/Stats get changed for better units at time of fail or upgrade or rebuild.. *

Guess it depends on you and $$$ in this case.

gc

Im sorry for not being specific. Im thinking you guys know your stuff so well that a mention of the machine model would suffice! Attached are photos of the pressurestat with written details visible.

many thanks for your input.

TC

Okey doke...

Thats a Mater- http://www.coffeeparts.com/misc/pressurestats.html

Chuck it out and its time for a new one....

gc

Damn! Wish Id known that last night before getting Coffee Parts to ship my order! Theyre so efficient the pump was dispatched this morning :(

Now another order I guess......

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 3E3A590 link=1276650884/7#7 date=1276660159
    Damn! Wish Id known that last night before getting Coffee Parts to ship my order! Theyre so efficient the pump was dispatched this morning :(

Now another order I guess......
    See ya give more info ya get more..

Quote Originally Posted by 7C781B0 link=1276650884/5#5 date=1276659128
    Im thinking you guys know your stuff so well that a mention of the machine model would suffice!

Some sponsors might be good enough... Some dont spend all day on line; dishing out info for free... They would go bust...

So, support the sponsors where possible... They are over there on the left...

BOT:

replace with what; same one OR a Sirai pressurestat ?

gc

Replace with same pressurestat. Too much cutting and plumbing for me to muck around fitting the Sirai in, and the gains would be nominal given my machine already serves us well when its working.

Ill put the new pump in first and then get the new pressurestat (From Coffee Parts, of course!), if the symptoms remain. (Not doubting your advice, just waiting to confirm it really)

Thanks for all your help too. Greatly appreciated.

I think you need the 1/8 inch Ma-ter Pressurestats Part Number: 703013, same as my San Marino CK Rebuild.

gc

Thanks for that info Lacehim. After some deep thinking I came to the same conclusion :)

gc

Finally replaced the pressurestat. I had removed the old one and sure enough, it was blocked up. After removing the mineral build up it did work again OK, but the range between switching on/off again was too large - nearly .5bar. So I will keep it as a backup.

But when I installed the new one it made a BIG difference! Switching within .1-.15bar on the scale. This has meant more consistent pressure for steaming (unexpected) and better temp at the group head. Result is better coffee! *All good, and I thought I was just getting old and jaded, or "lost the touch". Just goes to show you have to really understand and be able to service your own machine where I live. Regular service from coffee techs in our area obviously doesnt cut it.