Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rancilio S26

Rancilio S26

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I knew I said I wouldnt go ex commercial but this was too good to give up *;D
    I managed to score this S26 from a shop in my small town that had it sitting in their store for about 2.5 years used only 2 or 3 times for demos. It was fully serviced by a local espresso mechanic, who is somewhat of an acquaintance, before going on the shelf. I called him up and from what he could remember the thing was in great nic.
    The ticket price was 1600 but I low balled them, and they accepted 600 cash :D :D

I couldnt find anything here that looked like a devoted S series thread but if thats what this turns into then thats cool. Please feel free to post your pics or suggestions. I will be adding plenty of pics, especially of inside as i give it a spit n polish.

Re: Rancilio S26

Just bought one myself too and SOOOOOO Happy!
    Same Racing Red Colour. *But yours was an absolute steal!

A question for you - have you tried cleaning yours with a blind filter? *I have tried in mine and am a bit concerned that no water comes out of the water outlet.

Be interested if your machine does he same. *Im concerned I may have a blockage or something.

Thanks

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 0120222E2B7E7C4F0 link=1276842756/1#1 date=1277522174
    Just bought one myself too and SOOOOOO Happy!
    Same Racing Red Colour. *But yours was an absolute steal!

A question for you - have you tried cleaning yours with a blind filter? *I have tried in mine and am a bit concerned that no water comes out of the water outlet.

Be interested if your machine does he same. *Im concerned I may have a blockage or something.

Thanks
    Depending on a few things... It can be a blockage (grit / scale in the dump solenoid) or the solenoid coil its self..

Depending on its history of use - A good de scale and chemical backwash should be ok..

After that... *A simple check or two and you should be able to confirm in it the coil or a blockage in the solenoid..

PS. The S24 / S26 are great machines..

Yes I definitely gave mine some backflush treatment (standard just bought a second hand machine practice right?) and yes it spits it all out the 3-way, or else the water has nowhere to go(?).
    Obviously AM is right, a good chemical backflush might be the trick, failing that *depending on how competent you are* break down the 3-way into its main components, there might be some nasties in there you need to clean out.

AM - yeah I agree, its built like a tank!

A mod I would love to do is replace the current steam valve with a lever one like the carimali ones, or god willing the synesso!

I have an opportunity to get an S26 as a project machine. It suspect it will take some effort but I am keen to give it a go. I am not afraid of tinkering but do not have a lot of experience with espresso machines. It may even be missing some bits, I am waiting on info on exactly what might be missing.

I suppose the first question is this an accident waiting to happen, since lacking in previous espresso experience?? Willing to learn/read etc..

How hard is it to find parts, Coffee Parts do not seem to carry everything.. Is there another option for parts?

When do you decide to bin it or not bother..?

There may even be some external moulding missing/broken, is this replaceable?

What about the electronics, is this easy enough to find parts for? Is there an easy check to see if the board is working? or is this like a laptop motherboard and you end up having to replace the whole thing.. Is this an easy or expensive proposition..??

Thanks
    Kezz

Hi Kezz,

Mocopan were using a heap of Rancilios and servicing them so if you need bits they may have a graveyard or old stocks including the molding.

If the one you are looking at is the same as above then most of the components are fairly standard industry items if you need a replacement. If it is a volumetric machine then yes fairly much a brain transplant if needed unless you are an electronic nut.

Quote Originally Posted by 16393032251A36393630323A323923570 link=1276842756/2#2 date=1277522683
    Depending on a few things... It can be a blockage (grit / scale in the dump solenoid) or the solenoid coil its self..

Depending on its history of use - A good de scale and chemical backwash should be ok..

After that... *A simple check or two and you should be able to confirm in it the coil or a blockage in the solenoid..

PS. *The *S24 / S26 are great machines..

AM - Thanks for that. *All good now. *Backflushing beautifully.

Does anyone know if the main boiler (teflon according to coffeeparts) on the S series is a throw away item? As in, if you take the lid off you must replace the gasket, as opposed to a rubber type that would (if not perished) be re-useable?

I would really like to descale my machine as I tried some boiler and HX water after letting it cool, while its not terrible, its not like tap water (has anyone tried this with a brand new machine for comparison?).

I would be happy to try the descale instructions on H-B (http://www.home-barista.com/espresso-machines/water-scaling-and-descaling-with-hx-machines-t751.html) as they seem very comprehensive but would really love to open up the beast for a look and give it a now I know its really clean clean.
    All said, the gaskets are peanuts so what am I worrying about - Im just do damn impatient.

Ok, I just couldnt hold out anymore - I had to pull the boiler out last night or I was not going to sleep, and boy am I glad I did (but now regretting all the coffees Ive drunk in the last month :( )

So heres some pics I took, hope theyre clear. As you can see, the scale is pretty chunky! going to buy some descaler today.

A note on the strip down; as you will be able to see in the pic of the heating element, the thermostat wire for the element is clamped onto the element itself, and so cannot be removed before opening up and descaling. The S26 parts schematic does not show this, so dont try pull it out.

Wow, makes you rethink the old adage of What you dont know wont hurt you... *Im just starting to head down the same track as you.. Pulled my group head off and it was black. Mine doesnt look quite as clean as yours so Im thinking that a full scale descale is in order.

Next step is the Boiler, so thanks for heads up on the thermostat wire. Very interested in how you go. Just out of interest is teflon gasket reusable? or is something Ill probably need to add to my parts list??

Cheers

I had a laugh, Pete thats some good scale!, I let it soak a few days, for that amount, citric acid should work beautifully.

You have one clean machine though, everything looks great.

also your wires look to be 3 times the diameter of the ones that came with my s26

Ahh, put it all back together on Saturday, no leaks or hisses, non-music to my ears! Pics soon I promise (had our second child yesterday so resizing and posting pics isnt very high on my to-do list)

Quote Originally Posted by 5540515B5C44300 link=1276842756/10#10 date=1279284964
    Wow, makes you rethink the old adage of What you dont know wont hurt you... Pulled my group head off and it was black.
    Tell me about it, non knowing what was inside was killing me, Im so glad I had a look.
    There is a small o-ring sealing the holes between the group and the boiler, you did see/keep it right?

quote author=5540515B5C44300 link=1276842756/10#10 date=1279284964] Just out of interest is teflon gasket reusable? or is something Ill probably need to add to my parts list??[/QUOTE]
    Having never seen a new one, my teflon seal looked good, just like white hard-ish plastic. All the bits around and in contact with the seal were clean and shiny, no heat distortion or anything nasty and it all came apart easily so I assumed that my seal was ok to reuse. Post-rebuild there are no leaks so I guess its ok.

Im not normally a fan of using old gaskets/seals so before opening anything up I priced and checked availability of all the parts I might have needed. But, on opening it up everything was pretty good (apart from the scale of course) it was only then that I decided to re use the gasket.
    It will really depend on what condition yours is in, theyre not at all expensive so if your ordering parts anyway just buy one.
    However, if you do reuse it, orientate it the same way as it came out. the boiler cap leaves little grooved rings on one side, the boiler side is flat. I think if you re fit it upside down it could give you issues.

Take lots and lots of photos, of everything, from every angle - infinitely valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by 0109021B630 link=1276842756/11#11 date=1279316813
    I had a laugh, Pete thats some good scale!, I let it soak a few days, for that amount, citric acid should work beautifully.

You have one clean machine though, everything looks great.
    Yeah nasty eh, and to think that I drank from that!! makes you wonder what people are getting from those nasty cafes :-?

I de-scaled twice, 3 hrs first which made the the chunkiest stuff easy to pick off with my fingers (just too impatient) and then overnight with a weaker mix. I half filled a bucket with boiling water, sat the boiler in that and put the solution (also hot) into the boiler and dropped in the hotdog and element. Thins kept everything toasty which I think speeds it all up. I used Everpure Scalekleen.

Hi,
    Nice machine you have there.
    Ive got an S27 myself - so its nice to see more of these machines around on this forum.

I descaled mine a month or so ago - took all day using citric acid from an external water tank and flushing, flushing, flushing.
    Water was SCARILY green coming from the head and water wand.
    Eventually ended up with water that tasted neutral.

I may end up taking the boiler out one day for a proper descale via soaking.

Hi,

Looking for a bit of guidance. I am trying to resurect a S26 and it came with a few problems and missing parts. The main part I have a question about is what i believe is the feeding solenoid (the solenoid that fills the boiler). Please excuse my newbieness ;) but I was hoping to just get a coil to add but Im not sure what one it is..
    It has a 1/4" inlet and the main part of the body is 1" long by 5/8" wide, it then steps down to 1/2" wide. I believe that it is a 2 way solenoid, is this also correct? I am not certain that it works but it looks like it should.
    Does anyone know which one this is and is it worth just replacing the coil or the whole thing ?? if so, which one?
    Cheers
    Kezz

here:

http://www.coffeeparts.com/misc/solenoids.html

2 way autofill solenoid. pull the coil off the three way valve and use it to test this one.

good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. I am currently trying that but Im not certain that one works either.. :-?
    I have looked at the coffeeparts website but I need to know which solenoid it is to get the correct coil.. ie. Parker, M&M, Lucifer etc..
    None of them look exactly the same...

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by 6C796862657D090 link=1276842756/18#18 date=1280286278
    I have looked at the coffeeparts website but I need to know which solenoid it is to get the correct coil.. ie. Parker, M&M, Lucifer etc..
    None of them look exactly the same...
    Kezz, give Pedro from Coffeeparts a call. Hell be able to advise you.

That was my first call but I got someone else who wasnt really sure and I guess my zeal got the better of me. Thats why I thought Id try here.

The water inlet on my S26 has a Lucifer Cat no. E 121 C13, Orif. 2.5mm 10 Bar.

Tim

Sorry these took so long, boiler and element after descaling. What a difference!

I also took the chance to insulate the boiler while it was out, making it now comfortable to touch when at full temp. So with its approx 3.8L boiler it now cycles at about 8% - on for ~17sec then off for ~220sec. This also drastically increased the stay warm when switched off time, when the timer turns it off at 9am it is very quick to recover when switched back on at noon.

That sure is an improvement.. Feel safe drinking out of that.

Im going thru the same process and have reassembled mine to see how it goes.. It didnt work when I got it, so its not perfect yet, but wanted to get an idea of what worked and what didnt or what leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by 67657B78657E7970170 link=1276842756/22#22 date=1282180309
    Sorry these took so long, boiler and element after descaling. What a difference!

I also took the chance to insulate the boiler while it was out, making it now comfortable to touch when at full temp. So with its approx 3.8L boiler it now cycles at about 8% - on for ~17sec then off for ~220sec.
    I like the idea of insulating the boiler. Can I ask what you used and how you attached it.
    Thanks
    Kezz

Again feel free to laugh at my DIY nature but I just cant help myself when I see a retail product that I can make at home.
    Basically I wrapped 2-3 layers of baking paper around the boiler with ~4cm overhang either end, then wrapped a piece of spare pink batt over the paper (obviously no the full thickness), then 2-3 layers of al foil over the batt, folded the paper overhang over the batt and foil and then secured with tape.
    If baking paper can take 250deg+ in an oven then it can handle a boiler, I thought it best to use this as I wasnt sure if the batt or al foil would have any type of reaction with the copper boiler.

Jees, when I actually type it out it sounds quite dodgy, but it was a spur of the moment thing, it cost me nothing and works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by 475243494E56220 link=1276842756/5#5 date=1277778216
    How hard is it to find parts, Coffee Parts do not seem to carry everything.. Is there another option for parts?

When do you decide to bin it or not bother..?

There may even be some external moulding missing/broken, is this replaceable?

What about the electronics, is this easy enough to find parts for? Is there an easy check to see if the board is working? or is this like a laptop motherboard and you end up having to replace the whole thing.. Is this an easy or expensive proposition..??
    If there are parts missing that arent generic bits that can be easily ordered, the other option is to ring a few places that repair commercial machines. Most of them will have their own graveyard of dead machines and parts that are kept for cannibalising to keep customers machines going. And with the S series Rancilios, all the external plastic and die-cast panels are interchangeable across all the sizes of machine, so bits can be pinched off 2 or 3 group machines that will fit a single group machine.

Finally got my project machine (S26) assembled to a point that I can give it a go.. It is supposed to be plumbed in but for the moment I have it running from a bucket.. It hasnt worked for some time so I was still not sure what needed attention. Great news, it seemed to pour a coffee..

Not a great coffee at all, but it seemed to suggest most things were working. So, if I could ask some simple questions, pls give some lattitude for learning :)

Firstly, when i pour a coffee, a reasonable flow of water also comes out of what might be an ??overpressure pipe coming from above the ?feeding solenoid (ie. the water comes from the pump towards the feeding solenoid, it then flows up to the heat exchanger. There is an ?overpressure valve coming from off the side of this, and this is where the extra water is coming from when I pour a coffee.. Is this correct? or can someone tell me what/when this is supposed to come into play??

If the water is flowing from here does that mean that there is too much pressure coming from the pump??

When I pour the espresso, I start to get a pour after about 4-5secs but only get less than 30ml of espresso after 30secs from a double.. Normally, I would have thought that that meant that the grind was too fine, but it is from my grinder using the same setting as what I use on my Silvia, so I would have thought that it wouldnt have been that big a difference.. Could it be that since I am running it from a bucket, that the water pressure is too low?? This is contrary to what I wondered about above, so this is where I am confused :( Where have I gone wrong.. :o

Is there an easy way of getting an idea of pressure coming out of the group head?? I read that on a Silvia, you can check the amount of water that flows from the return pipe in a min (ie 250ml).. Does this apply here, or is there some other way to check..

Lastly, my steam pressure is rubbish, slower to steam milk than my Silvia.. I turned the pressurestat down so that the pressure varies from 1.05 to 1.2 bar.. I had to wind it down significantly to get this, so could I have gone too far?? hence, no steam pressure??

Thanks
    Kez

A_M

Your making assumptions, adjusting things without understanding the flow on impacts, nor fully understanding the flow and physics and not having the system connected as intended.

Thus all of this and your "jump in with both feet" will lead to confusion..

As TG often says - One thing at a time.

Step one: Connect to mains via a filter and preasure reducer.

Step two: set the pressure back to where it was.. That also affects the brew temp..

Step three: Go and read up on the manual and the technical documentation and then back off and take it slow.

Ya also working around 240V so with the process you have followed to date.. All I can say is BE BLOODY careful and do nothing while its live and has covers off.. Without your electrical contractor at hand...

Thx AM but at the moment it is not possible to connect to my mains. *I live in the fire effected area in Vic and our whole home arrangement is "temporary" and that includes my water supply. *Anyway, when it may be possible to connect to my main water supply it will only be tank water, so my pressure will always be different to mains pressure. After having my hot water replaced I know my house pressure is signicantly less than normal town water, so I am even wondering about the need for a pressure reducer. *It was not required for my hot water service..

I have only changed one thing to how I received it, and that was the pressurestat (obviously apart from the water supply). *I realise that the pressurestat and element are linked and I have some understanding of the perils of working with 240V, so lots of precautions taken...

As for reading Technical documentation, I have tried to read everything I could find thru the internet but when it came to how this machine actually works, I must admit it has been limited.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. I have the parts doc and basic operating doc but it does not answer my questions.. *I have already turned the pressurestat back up but still having the same problems.. I am making some assumptions because I am not sure what is going on, but before I adjusted anything I was looking for some outside advice..

That is why I have asked here...

Thx

Gday Kezz.... :)

Whats your technical background mate? It will help us to assist you at the appropriate level of expertise. Im surprised that a couple of other CSers with Rancilio S26 machines havent chimed in with offers of assistance but maybe its early days..... ;)

Mal.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5C71757974180 link=1276842756/29#29 date=1283585292

Whats your technical background mate? It will help us to assist you at the appropriate level of expertise. Im surprised that a couple of other CSers with Rancilio S26 machines havent chimed in with offers of assistance but maybe its early days..... ;)

Mal.
    Kezz - Have rebuilt one or two *S26 and S24 units and a BZ 99 or two and thus my approach to get back to the standard.. *Because they are so straight forward and usually bullet *proof and perform well with only a minor tweak....

If ya have low pressure water supply - then the reducer is not required... But then any previous calibration of the pump re flow / pressure etc is all so so...

Thus ya have to start from scratch.. And then work ya way forward and calibrate / test from the first stage ie. The pump.

Secondly a bit hard to solve some plumbing issues when as you have stated .. Not all standard... We have no idea on what was done before and just how much and or to what level you have done...

Thus trying to salve a problem, when the usual bit may not even be in play... Not so easy.

• " Firstly, when i pour a coffee, a reasonable flow of water also comes out of what might be an ??overpressure pipe coming from above the ?feeding solenoid (ie. the water comes from the pump towards the feeding solenoid, it then flows up to the heat exchanger. There is an ?overpressure valve coming from off the side of this, and this is where the extra water is coming from when I pour a coffee.. Is this correct? or can someone tell me what/when this is supposed to come into play? "

Might sound great to you... But the terms and actual pipes / valves may be something different....

Pictures may help... But remember - Think of us as being actually BLIND and having to visualise what your seeing... No so easy for any one.

For me: *Rebuild and replace parts to standard *etc is still the first step.

Other than revisiting the calibration of the pump and preasurestat re group temp etc.

Thx AM, I totally agree with the start from scratch and that is why I was wondering about the pump pressure being low and possibly causing the problem..

I am not too sure why you think I have changed lots of things when, apart from the obvious water supply change, I have resisted changing anything until I could see how it performed. I have not changed the pump pressure, it is as it was when I received it. I assumed that it was working at some time b4 and that it would be as good a place to start as any..

When I turned it on I noticed that the boiler pressure was above 1.3bar and believed that to be too high, consequently I did adjust the pressurestat.. That is now back but no change in the way it is working..

It is a great machine to learn as it does seem pretty basic for what I imagine some machines could get..:) It does look pretty bullet proof, I love all the copper and brass and how solid it looks.. sick arent I..

A picture tells a thousand words (I hope) but was just being lazy..

My initial question was really, do I have a plumbing problem, or is the way it would normally work?? I thought it odd that I was getting water syphoned off through this pipe, and was wanting to know if this should be the case..

I have tried to show the solenoid in question with the water from the pump entering on the right. When brewing, it then travels up and then onto the heat exchanger. The pipe in question, that I have the extra water flowing from, is the one above the solenoid and teeing off to the left. It then dumps this water straight out the pipe. It flows from here for nearly the whole time when I try to pour a coffee.

Currently I do not have a pressure guage to check the pressure at the group head, so was wondering if there was an alternative way to measure the pressure there?? or is there another way that I can check the pump pressure more directly??

Thx again

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5540515B5C44300 link=1276842756/31#31 date=1283595226
    am not too sure why you think I have changed lots of things when, *
    Any number of comments in you posts all imply that things were not all there / missing etc... Thus things must have been repaired / replaced etc or ????

Ie. Post 5 says little experience and post 16 on is about strange parts post 20 is zeal *;) ;D and lack of experience etc and yet later your running from a tank and changing presure stats and ???

Without the tools and a full understanding... Just doing things can get things all messed up....

PS. That bit in the pic is ya OPV and it could be an adjustment / sticky / Scale or *what ever... *The early units did not have... The later units do.. *Thus again; without all the detail, it is hard to call. *What other mods/non standard stuff may be applied?

Again test equipment and a full understanding ... A poke in the dark will just get you trouble..

Frustrating it is ... *But that is life. *If it was so simple, who would need sponsors and service people.... *Coffee is tricky at the best of times.

I appreciate your thoughts AM but I do not think zeal is a bad thing..:)

The first post was before I got the machine and I had scant idea of what could be wrong, or if there was a point of no return in trying to put one back on the working list..

As for newbieness, this only relates to coffee machines(everyone has to start somewhere), as I have a background in electronics I did not feel that this was beyond me and was looking forward to the challenge of learning coffee.. So I do have some test gear just not the magic pressure gauge.

Your response suggests this must be a later model.. I do not have any reason to believe that there are any mods.. The missing parts refered to the external moulding.. As for changing things like pressurestats, it is amazing how much info IS available online, Adjusting the pressurestat is a pretty simple affair since it is the Sirai model.

I did not think I was asking such an unreasonable question knowing how much knowledge is out there.. I thought this forum was supportive of new people so never tried to suggest I new more than I do, but willing to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by 7C697872756D190 link=1276842756/33#33 date=1283601485
    So I do have some test gear just not the magic pressure gauge. *
    Ring your nearest sponsor *to see if they may hire a pressure gauge
    I did just that with my machine *just to test the accuracy of the gauge on the machine

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPphcJAIuw[/media]

KK

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 2D382923243C480 link=1276842756/33#33 date=1283601485
    but I do not think zeal is a bad thing..
    Depends on who one talks to and where one is..

As to changing settings.. Any one can googlle ;) The issue is to fully understand WHY and teh implications..

I have watched a few videos on brain surgery.. Helped design / make and service the equipment that is used... Only brain surgery I perform with some skill; is with small high mass objects, travelling at high speed.

So... Without test gear... Ya in a pickle... WHY = Because until ya get ya pump calibrated and teh OPV and the group temp etc all sorted, your in a limbo of sorts....

Unless teh other E26 users in teh same boat, jump out of teh woodwork with easy answers - its just you and me ;) AND without test gear... Dont think I can do much more for you either.

Suggest ya PM the other S26/24 users as they do not always monitor the forum.

Thanks KK, will try and check with a sponsor about hiring a guage. That might be just what I need to find out where it stands.. I always thought that there was more than one way to skin a cat and hoping it would be the case here.. I read a post about a method of checking the pump pressure on the Silvia without a guage, so was hoping that there might be something similar for this.

Have seen a number of posts on how to make up a guage so might look further into that, sounds like Im not going to get around it. Its not something I imagine I would use on a regular basis..

AM, obviously I did not realise that this was sacred ground.. ;) Not going to be putting the serivce industry out of business any time soon. Just thought that with my background skills and forums like this would help me to fill in the gaps on the coffee front.

Never professed to wanting to learn brain surgery.. just trying to learn something new with the help of some inside info..

You keep refering to the necessary test eqt, what would be your suggestions.. I may even have some. Already megger tested it and that seems to be fine, wiring all seems to be good and level probe works well.

Just in your experience would you expect to see water flowing from the OPV for the entire duration of the brewing cycle?

A_M

Kezz

Have never wanted to shut you down etc but a reality check. *Sacred ground ground... As to electrical safety = Yes As to the values and how to service etc.. Not to me but have you noticed how every one else if rushing to provide values and info *:-/

Sponsors and Service people do have a business to run.

1: Every time you post you add extra info as to ya background and as to the machine.

2: Goggle is not every thing.. Not every thing can be solved in two posts in a forum

3: Test gear is Pressure gauges / Temperature meters (set up for coffee machines) * AND then knowing where and what to measure.

As I have said in almost every post *- Pump / OPV / Pressure stat. *Once they are set and correct; you can start to play.... *

4: As to your last comment... A question with a Question. Do you think it is OK *;)

Common sense says an OPV should perform as its name suggests OR unless it has been modified.... Thus consider the issue at hand and the evidence / observation will tell you what is going on.. *

- Is this behaviour *right / wrong *? * A quick Question and a Yes or NO from me is TBM and you will never learn.

- Hint.. Must be set very low as an OPV or it needs a service / replacement...

If this is a rebuild... Did you pull down EVERY valve and solenoid and clean and reassemble and test for correct operation ?

If not - why NOT ? * Assumptions as to the status of every valve is not good enough.

Look at the Black Top San Merino rebuild posts *with Lacehim doing lots of learning... *Still a work in progress; but he has a much better understanding than many others NOW. * A few months ago; he knew next to little *;) * He has always asked / researched and then stated his finding and his best understanding. *Then Others like myself can assist offer comment.

I am as good as done ie. * As far as I can go with this one - So best of luck and am sure others with more S26 experience will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by 2237262C2B33470 link=1276842756/36#36 date=1283607065
    Just in your experience would you expect to see water flowing from the OPV for the entire duration of the brewing cycle? *
    no. *I think on your machine as well as adjusting pressure on the pump, you have another opv attachec just off the pump, which returns water from the outlet to inlet side. *either your pressure is too high, or opv you mentioned needs adjustment/service. *good luck! *re gauge, they are pretty cheap, or find an old one - mine came off a worn out air copressor. *

Quote Originally Posted by 5D727B796E517D727D7B79717972681C0 link=1276842756/37#37 date=1283640017
    A quick Question and a Yes or NO from me is TBM and you will never learn.
    whooops! I think we were typoing the same time AM.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6A6F63676F603F0E0 link=1276842756/39#39 date=1283647913
    Quote Originally Posted by 5D727B796E517D727D7B79717972681C0 link=1276842756/37#37 date=1283640017
    A quick Question and a Yes or NO from me is TBM and you will never learn.
    whooops! *I think we were typoing the same time AM. *
    Yea it happens.. Worse when you are AFK and then push ya post and 3 others have posted before..

The S26 can be a bit tricky *;) * The S27 I liked and the good old BZ99 - well as solid as a rock......

Have assisted a mate convert his S24 to an internal tank unit and went to a vibe pump... Now that was interesting exercise (painful) as he then used a little Onga to fill his kitchen tank from the main tank out side.. *We looked at a direct line in but the pressure was too unstable and screwed with the OPV and pump - Thus getting consistent shots was a no go.

Lets see how this one goes *:)

Thats what I like about some systems.. A special switch and that extra valve / pipe work and electronics and ya On-line - Plumbed or *Tanked *;)

Recommend action :- See local sponsor - Talk Coffee is an Agent for Bezzera if I recall.

Kezz - I spoke with a few people that run these off containers before making changes to mine, the pump is easily adjustable and runs well of bottle water but I will be getting the counter top hole saw out very shortly and hooking mine up. PM me if you want some help with adjusting the pump pressure but as the guys have already said, you really need to get a gauge hooked up, i reccon mine was putting out about 5 bar and would have had no idea how much to adjust without the gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by 0B26222E234F0 link=1276842756/29#29 date=1283585292

Mal.

Not all are reluctant to help. I just dont know nuffin. We still get some sweet shots out of our S24 though!

I found this thread very interesting. (Mods can hang me if Im not allowed to post links to rival fora.)

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/328907

Thx Luwaks, hoping to get some nice shots eventually too..

Have spent a bit of time reading there myself, interesting stuff..

Hi there, does anyone have a user manual for an S26 Rancilio single group machine? A wiring diagram would be fab too

Give me your email address and I can email you a schematic diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Savusavu View Post
    Hi there, does anyone have a user manual for an S26 Rancilio single group machine? A wiring diagram would be fab too
    I've got the user manual for the S20 series as PDF if you want it.
    I also have the some other schematics and exploded parts diagrams if you need them.

PM me your email and I'll shoot them across.

Question-

My S24 has a water softer in the tank, someone said you need to service it by adding salt? if so how?

Is there a bottom drain plug in the boiler?

How did you remove it, did you bend the hard copper pipes after disconnecting them, or disconnect at both ends to keep the shape?

thankx

Quote Originally Posted by C-man View Post
    did you bend the hard copper pipes after disconnecting them
    Noooo!

or disconnect at both ends to keep the shape?
    Definitely! I don't own one, just don't want you to have trouble.

Question-

My S24 has a water softer in the tank, someone said you need to service it by adding salt? if so how?
    This is from the rancilio audrey user manual which shares the same softner as the S24

Quote Originally Posted by User manual
    Regenerate the resins present in the water-softner as follows:
    a) Dissolve 3 teaspoons full of fine salt in a glass of water.
    b) Disconnect the water-softener from the rubber tube, turn it upside down, and pour the salt water you have prepared through the filter, allowing it to run out.
    c) Wait about 5 minutes, hold the water-softener under the tap, and rinse. When the water flowing through the softener is no longer salt, that means that the resins have been regenerated and the water-softener is ready for use.
    d) Reconnect the water-softener to the shortest rubber tube and insert it in the tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast