Thread: Where to get a rocket giotto serviced in melbourne??

Where to get a rocket giotto serviced in melbourne??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My giotto (1 yr old) has sprung a problem - the steam wand has stopped making good steam and instead the steam coming out of it is very "wet" in that if I express steam into a jug the jug fills with water (and not steam).
    I suspect that somehow the heating element for the steam has caved in.
    The coffee water is still hot and the pressure on the machine still reads correctly. Not sure if the problem is in some way related to the boiler?

Anyway I need someone in the melbourne area who does house calls to service espresso machines. Please help.

Re: Where to get a rocket giotto serviced in melbourne??

Quote Originally Posted by 4F5948444D4D4E4E2B0 link=1278236966/0#0 date=1278236966
    My giotto (1 yr old) has sprung a problem - the steam wand has stopped making good steam and instead the steam coming out of it is very "wet" in that if I express steam into a jug the jug fills with water (and not steam).
    I suspect that somehow the heating element for the steam has caved in.
    The coffee water is still hot and the pressure on the machine still reads correctly. Not sure if the problem is in some way related to the boiler?

Anyway I need someone in the melbourne area who does house calls to service espresso machines. Please help.
    Ring
    9Bar Espresso Services
    I am not sure if they do house calls

1 Grosvenor Street
    Abbotsford
    Vic 3067

T: 03 9421 4627
    F: 03 9421 5592
    M: 0417 426 253

KK

TC

Hello drcoffee,

You will recall that when you purchased the machine from us, I mentioned that we can repair and service your machine. Thats what all the testing equipment and spare parts are for ;) ::)

No need to take it elsewhere as we service and repair the machines we sell...

Chris

Thanks chris. I certainly would prefer that you have a look at it but I have a very inflexible work schedule and so am reliant on someone doing a house call ....

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2F3928242D2D2E2E4B0 link=1278236966/3#3 date=1278239848
    Thanks chris. I certainly would prefer that you have a look at it but I have a very inflexible work schedule and so am reliant on someone doing a house call ....
    Sadly, not us. It could be anything and to bring everything which my be required would be an educated guess at best.

You could cab it or use e-go.com.au or any other courier to send it over. It will guarantee a better outcome ;)

Chris

Ok Ill try figure out a way to get the machine to you.
    Sticking a several thousand dollar piece of machinery in a cab doesnt seem like a brilliant idea.
    ps is the particular problem i described (very weak/wet steam) something youve encountered with this machine before?

Cheers,
    Ilan

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 5E4859555C5C5F5F3A0 link=1278236966/5#5 date=1278240518
    Ok Ill try figure out a way to get the machine to you.
    Sticking a several thousand dollar piece of machinery in a cab doesnt seem like a brilliant idea.
    ps is the particular problem i described (very weak/wet steam) something youve encountered with this machine before?

Cheers,
    Ilan
    No worries Ilan,

More likely than not, its simple: scale fouiing the tank probe and causing a dodgy earth and resultant overfill and wet steam. It can also be caused by a flaky group solenoid, but in a machine as young as yours, its highly unlikely.

We are seeing an increase in problems with machines run on tap, bottled or brita filtered water. More often than not, these options are not up to task in Melbourne and if you havent chatted to the guys at Bombora about a coffee specific filter, its a matter of when, not if. Our water just aint what it used to be.

Once I see it, it should be a 5 min fix.

Chris

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 551355380 link=1278236966/7#7 date=1285507901
    A little late
    Agreed...

Ilans machine was repaired about 3 months ago and in about 5 minutes, as we promised it would be.

Chris

Blog Entries

What was the fix?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 0B242E334A0 link=1278236966/8#8 date=1285681626
    What was the fix?
    Hi Andy,

As expected, we found scaling issues on the boiler probe leading to a poor earth. I trimmed the sheath a little (we shall call it probe [s]circumcision[/s] tidying ;)) and cleaned off the scale and hey presto.

Also, a *[smiley=thumbup.gif] for Craig and the 9Bar team who do great work and always with a smile! Theye a pleasure to do business with.

We sometimes refer overflow service to the lads and will continue to recommend them.

Chris