Thread: Rocket Giotto Premium vs Expobar Barista Minore III

Rocket Giotto Premium vs Expobar Barista Minore III

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi gang.. ive been reading up on these 2 machines for quite a few days.. my wifes starting to give me funny looks..

anyhow, i know theres a few guys with both machines.. so would love to hear more opinions..

my research suggests that the rocket is a sexier looking machine but the expobar iii is more consistent but it just doesnt look as good on the bench..

Re: Rocket Giotto Premium vs Expobar Barista Minore III

I dont own either but the key difference is that the Expobar is a dual boiler whilst the Giotto is a heat exchanger. In theory the Exopbar will achieve more accurate and consistent brew temp but a brief cooling flush on the Giotto will also deliver consistent results. I have heard the steam pressure on the Expobar may not be as good but best to go and have a look/play. Both are now readily available in Perth... chrs

update.. got the Expobar Barista Minore III with a k3 touch in the end.. very happy so far!

pics? :)

on the weekend, will post some pics in the thread:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1212406574

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 5643524754260 link=1280755100/2#2 date=1281017916
    update.. got the Expobar Barista Minore III with a k3 touch in the end.. very happy so far!
    Congrats on your new toys Petar looking forward to some Pics [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Cheers Gra..

Congratulations.
    Nice choices.
    Welcome to the Expobar Club.

I am at the same point ... trying to decide between a rocket giotto - las scala butterfly or the Brewtus III

How is the Brewtus performing ?

Gra

Re: Rocket Giotto Premium vs Expobar Barista Minore III one suits

Quote Originally Posted by 5D5043434855310 link=1280755100/7#7 date=1282550709
    I am at the same point ... trying to decide between a rocket giotto - las scala butterfly or the Brewtus III

How is the Brewtus performing ?
    Hi Larrvd

Welcome to CS, I my self am very happy with my Monore III they are a great unit for those that like to play with different temp settings looking for that great shot.. Buying a machine is a very personal thing so its best to try the units to get a feel as to witch one suites you. Check out the sponsors on the left to see if there is one near you so that you could get a hands on ;)

Cheers Gra..

Thanks Gra , its good to hear a good review from an actual owner.
    I actually went down to a shop today and they had the expobar , but no rocket or la scala. I said I was interested in a minore and the guy went on to tell me that their quality is very ordinary since they are made in france from parts sourced from everywhere ... I thought they were spanish , but I bit my tongue and asked what he would recommend ... he went on to show me a grimac mia which he said was dearer than the minore III , but a much better machine and for $2500 the best in its class. I thiknk Ill probably wait for my next trip to the city to look at some machines :)

Hi all,

My first post on this forum, however I have been reading post on here for a while. *I upgraded from my Silvia to the Expobar Minore 3 last week, and I love this machine. *For me it was the double boiler that sold me. *I read that some folk dont find it very attractive, however my wife and myself prefer the look of it to many of the other prosummer machines. It is great to have the steam on demand, and the shots are so much more consistant. *I am still learning the ins and outs of it, which brings me to a question for you. *I am having great trouble producing decent micro foam. *I could get the milk silky smothe with the Silvia, however have only managed it twice with the Minore. *I have read a few posts that people find it difficult with the standard tip. *Mine has the 2 hole standard tip with the machine. *Is it the tip or me? :-? Should I just practice more? If I go for a new tip, what size is the arm? is it 8mm? Look foward to your replies, and I am sure you will see more of me on here with questions and updates on my new machine.

Hi Davie,

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs.

For your milk problem, try this thread;

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1220959662

Regards,

Warren.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 4560776864010 link=1280755100/10#10 date=1283131540
    Hi all...

...*I am having great trouble producing decent micro foam. *I could get the milk silky smothe with the Silvia, however have only managed it twice with the Minore...
    Hi davie,

The valve diameter on the minore is narrower than some of the others. The pressure is lower than that of the Giotto for example.

You might try this http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1167622442 technique which will also work.

Hopefully you purchased from a sponsor? If so, you might be able to get a run through on the machine as well to save you some time...

Good luck...

2mcm

Thanks for the responses all. Yes I did buy the machine through one of the sponsors (Coffee-a-Roma) who where very helpfull when I was purchasing, however it did not take much to sell me on it, as I had pretty much already made up my mind on the machine :D I will give a few of those techinques a try.

Wow. *I just tried the kk technique, and I just produced the best micro foam I have ever achieved. I thought I used to be quite good on the silvia, however this just blow me away. I was getting frustrated trying to steam, thinking it was the machine. Thanks for the tip guys. I am loving this machine more and more each time I use it.