Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: New Machine advice

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5

    New Machine advice

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am looking to buy a new machine,my 6910 died. I want a machine with electronic dosing as Im not the only one who uses it. I am looking at the Diadema or Expobar fully autos. Have read there can be a problem with dosing on the Bezzera.The Wega might be stretching the budget just a little too far as I am getting a grinder too.Has anyone got experience with any of these?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 0601121408090E07600 link=1281266794/0#0 date=1281266794
    I want a machine with electronic dosing
    Electronic dosing has more to do with grinders

    Quote Originally Posted by 0601121408090E07600 link=1281266794/0#0 date=1281266794
    I am looking at the Diadema or Expobar fully autos.
    I believe these machines are semi auto (but I stand corrected if not) and they still need user input that requires tamping the coffee in the group handle

    Quote Originally Posted by 0601121408090E07600 link=1281266794/0#0 date=1281266794
    Have read there can be a problem with dosing on the Bezzera
    Rubbish
    Once you know what to do then its easy
    This applies to all machines "work within the limits of the machine" and you are in control

    Also you did not mention what models you are looking at
    Manufacturers have many models in a range ;)

    KK

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,520

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 143039393A3A0014302C32305F0 link=1281266794/1#1 date=1281267947
    Electronic dosing has more to do with grinders

    *
    I am thinking your meaning volumetric water control "dosing "

    what problem have you heard about the Bez? Many use the same components was it something specific or ??? .

    I have 3 volumentrics machines *and dont really ever use it... i like to set one button up for flushing but seem to all ways control the shot by manually pressing the manual button and stoping the shot when i reckon it "has finished".

    they add $$ to the bottom line, but if its on your want list then there is a reason

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,520

    Re: New Machine advice



    this used to be Angermanagements he will give you an honest opinion of the Dia.... :)
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1246171209

  5. #5
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 686F7C7A666760690E0 link=1281266794/0#0 date=1281266794
    I want a machine with electronic dosing as Im not the only one who uses it.
    If I view it again Country-Coffee
    It could be interpreted as Volumetric just as maheel indicated

    I also have a volumetric machine
    Bezzera BZ40

    KK




  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5

    Re: New Machine advice

    yes, volumetric. I can use manual button but the fam come to visit.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5

    Re: New Machine advice

    diadema junior and expobar office both have fully auto models

  8. #8
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 686F7C7A666760690E0 link=1281266794/5#5 date=1281269467
    yes, volumetric. I can use manual button but the fam come to visit.
    The two I see above work well as do most of the prosuma machines..

    As to reported problems with the Dosing / Volumetric... Well then look at the specs and the physics involved..... At some point the systems has to say enough is enough...


    You grind / tamp and program ya shot... Next person comes along and changes teh grind and ups teh dose and tamps like a mack truck...

    WELL - You tell me what you expect to see in teh cup..... Same or Different as to your programmed shot as to teh volume...

    A: = Same Volume

    B: = Different volume.

    Depending on your answer...

    Some one here will be able to advise if the machines above will work or if you have to get something else...





  9. #9
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 313625233F3E3930570 link=1281266794/6#6 date=1281269706
    diadema junior and expobar office both have fully auto models
    If a machine has a Group Handle then its not a fully automated coffee making machine

    The only part that is auto is the volumetric water dose control

    User involvement is still required to tamp the coffee

    KK

  10. #10
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 10343D3D3E3E0410342836345B0 link=1281266794/8#8 date=1281270452
    Quote Originally Posted by 313625233F3E3930570 link=1281266794/6#6 date=1281269706
    diadema junior and expobar office both have fully auto models
    If a machine has a Group Handle then its not a fully automated coffee making machine

    The only part that is auto is the volumetric water dose control

    User involvement is still required to tamp the coffee

    KK
    KK you and I think alike...

    However many consider these to be Auto ? Fully Auto and SUPER Auto are the ones that grind and tamp etc....


    To me Volumetric is Auto not a Full or Super Auto..

    I digress... BOT:


    I am still awaiting for teh answer to my Question..

    A: Same

    OR

    B: Different

  11. #11
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    7,058

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 5E71787A6D527E717E787A727A716B1F0 link=1281266794/9#9 date=1281270704
    Quote Originally Posted by 10343D3D3E3E0410342836345B0 link=1281266794/8#8 date=1281270452
    Quote Originally Posted by 313625233F3E3930570 link=1281266794/6#6 date=1281269706
    diadema junior and expobar office both have fully auto models
    If a machine has a Group Handle then its not a fully automated coffee making machine

    The only part that is auto is the volumetric water dose control

    User involvement is still required to tamp the coffee

    KK
    KK you and I think alike...

    However many consider these to be *Auto ? Fully Auto and SUPER Auto are the *ones that grind and tamp etc....


    To me Volumetric is Auto not a Full or Super Auto..

    I digress... *BOT:


    I am still awaiting for teh answer to my Question..

    A: Same

    OR

    B: Different
    Seen this question come up a number of times over the years, many refer to Silvia as an automatic!!! I disagree, as far as Im concerned if you can push a button and the machine completes the process including clean up and is ready to go again it can be classed as automatic.
    One definition is (operating with minimal human intervention) :)

  12. #12
    Sleep is overrated Thundergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,496

    Re: New Machine advice

    JW I had trouble with the definitions at first.

    I believe now that the reason autos are call autos is because they arent (manual) lever types.
    Hence the next level up has to be super auto.

    Therefore a Silvia is an auto.

    Clear as mud?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 4B4C5F594544434A2D0 link=1281266794/0#0 date=1281266794
    I want a machine with electronic dosing as Im not the only one who uses it.
    The reason for the wording on my post was because of the quoted requirement

    1] CountryCoffee can use the machine
    2] Others in the family may not

    KK

  14. #14
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    7,058

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 576B766D676671646C67030 link=1281266794/11#11 date=1281310472
    Therefore a Silvia is an auto.
    No its not. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by 576B766D676671646C67030 link=1281266794/11#11 date=1281310472
    Clear as mud?
    Maybe not quite that clear. :D

    So under this definition a Mazzer Mini is an automatic grinder. ;) ::)

  15. #15
    Sleep is overrated Thundergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,496

    Re: New Machine advice

    Grinders aint coffee machines. :P


  16. #16
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    7,058

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 0F332E353F3E293C343F5B0 link=1281266794/14#14 date=1281311448
    Grinders aint coffee machines. *:P
    But they are machines. :-*

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,520

    Re: New Machine advice

    I had a laugh Hey country coffee :)

    please dont worry about the us fighting about whats "auto" etc

    i recon the 3 brands you are thinking about are all pretty good, just out of personal preference (and nothing to do with any real knowledge of the machines in question)

    i woudl look at in order
    the Bezzera maybe like KK BZ40
    the Diadema
    then the Expobar

    the only reason i put the expobar last is i was a bit disappointed with the "thickness" of the stainless steel of the minore 3. i thought it should be "thicker"

    I really like the solid commercial look of Bezs....

    in reality they would all make a very good machine in most kitchens....

  18. #18
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    7,058

    Re: New Machine advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 7C707974747D110 link=1281266794/16#16 date=1281311949
    I had a laugh Hey country coffee :)

    please dont worry about the us fighting about whats "auto" etc

    i recon the 3 brands you are thinking about are all pretty good, just out of personal preference (and nothing to do with any real knowledge of the machines in question)

    i woudl look at in order
    the Bezzera maybe like KK BZ40
    the Diadema
    then the Expobar

    the only reason i put the expobar last is i was a bit disappointed with the "thickness" of the stainless steel of the minore 3. i thought it should be "thicker"

    I really like the solid commercial look of Bezs....

    in reality they would all make a very good machine in most kitchens....
    Thanks for bringing us back on topic Maheel.
    I agree with your post, all good machines and all will do an excellent job, of course for obvious reasons I would lean toward the Bezzera. ;)

  19. #19
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    17,120

    Re: New Machine advice

    Just sos yall know.... ::)

    Manual = Lever Machine.
    Semi-Auto = Internal/External Pump Operated by a Switch or Button.
    Full Auto = Also known as a Volumetric in that the machine controls the water volume throughput and automatically switches the Pump Off.
    Super Auto = Machine Grinds beans into Basket, Tamps, Pulls the shot, Dumps the puck and has an Auto Cleaning cycle.

    No doubt there are machines around that blur the distinctions somewhat but the above is the basic delineation of machine types.... ;)

    Mal.



Similar Threads

  1. New machine advice
    By Quomby in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31st July 2010, 08:17 PM
  2. New Machine - Advice!!
    By coffeegal in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29th September 2008, 09:33 AM
  3. Advice on a new machine
    By kahawa in forum Brewing Equipment - Midrange ($500-$1500)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th June 2008, 10:46 AM
  4. Advice: Machine Under $400 ?
    By simonj in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st April 2008, 06:47 AM
  5. Advice on new machine.
    By toomuchcaffeine in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16th February 2006, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •