Thread: Diadema Perfetta - How are the other users going?

Diadema Perfetta - How are the other users going?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just finished my Saturday morning coffees (100ml long black & a Macchiato) before going out shopping (fortifying myself)
    I am still over the moon with my Diadema. Have had a few small issues with needing to readjust the temperature setting on the thermostst but the great coffees just keep on coming. I pull about one average one in 10 and more than half are outstanding. Little credit to me - all credit to a good grinder, a terriffic machine & great beans from Beanbay.
    I know there are a few other Perfetta owners on here - how are you going guys?

Re: Diadema Perfetta - How are the other users going?

I dont have a perfetta, I have a junior plus semi auto and could not be happier with it

Hi Rocky

* I have had my Perfetta about a year now and continue to love the coffee this little beauty produces. I have on average 2 coffees a day (more on weekends) and am the only coffee drinker in the house.

Whenever I make milk based drinks there is obviously some lag between pulling the shot and steaming the milk, but find that it produces a bucketload of steam once ready.

The temp seems to have remained quite stable as Chris at Talk Coffee adjusted it before shipping.

Very happy overall with the Perfetta, however that doesnt stop me from looking for the next potential purchase ;D

Hi Sniffta, good to hear from you. Its hard for me to think too much about the next machine as this one meets my needs so well. I am fortunate to have an adult son who enjoys coffee so I generally make coffee for both of us - Cappa for him, short/long black & Macca for me.
    I find the timegap between the pour & start of steaming is about 30secs. The steaming capability of this little machine still blows me away - you couldnt ask for more - beautiful job everytime.
    Chris adjusted my temp pre-delivery also but somehow it seemed to go awry and caused me a bit of grief before I finally got it adjusted. I ended up buying special spanners and completely dismantling the Group to check for blockages - not something I liked doing on a new machine. In the end I concluded that it was just the temp that was causing a lot of spluttering and hissing and not a blockage. Put it down to experience. Seems to be spot-on again.
    How are Rivera & Pearl going?

I have had my Perfetta for over 6 months now and it has NEVER missed a beat. I utsually make 6 to 8 coffees a day for my wife and I, and yes there is a slight delay in steaming milk and pulling shot, but the crema I have in my shots is outstanding and I very rarely can see through to the coffee.

I am tempted to upgrade to a Alex Duetto (my personal prefernce over a HX MACHINE) for the option of pulling shots and doing milk at once, but this is such a beautiful machine to use that I am in no rush.

Hi CB, good to hear from you. That makes 5 of us I am aware of.
    rivera, sniffta, pearl, yourself & me. I dont think theres many more of us out there on CS.
    I find as long as I get dose & tamp right the coffee is almost always great. I find I dont need to mess around with the grind from bean to bean - maybe one notch to fine tune. My crema has been better since I sorted (touch wood) the temp out.
    If youre just doing coffee for two the short wait between pour & steam isnt a big hassle - different if its milk-based for four.
    Cheers.

Hey Guys,
    I know this post is a bit old, but wanted to also praise the Perfetta.

Ive been very happy with it, so long as I buy a decent fresh bean. *

I upgraded my grinder from the Rancilio Rocky to the Compak K3 and I think that was one of my best moves, as it suits the machine well, the adjustments on the Rocky were just a bit too wide for that perfect shot.

Fresh beans + Compak grinder + Perfetta = awesome shots.
    Milk texturing is a breeze and microfoam no problem. *I generally drink caps.

I do find that the wand spits out patches of wet steam during the course of its steaming process, I dont know if technically thats a good or bad thing and I dont have much to compare it to, but I find the milk texture good anyway.

Its a great looking machine that works great and the delay between shot and steam temp ready always catches me by surprise - as in quicker than I think it will be.

The foot print of the machine suits my bench space also.

Cheers,
    Kess

P.S. * I upgraded from a Krups Thermoblock, so the comparison is like a Porsche to an older VW.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my father in law made a tamper for me and I found that having a decent tamper also greatly increased the quality of my shots!

Hey fellow Perfetta owners,

add me to the list. had it for about a year now, and its performed flawlessly....actually...almost flawlessly. Does anyone else have a problem with the water from the drain completely missing the drain hole in the drip tray? minor gripe ;-)

Is anyone using an off-the-shelf tamper that fits the basket nicely? Would be good to not have to N/E/S/W the basket wall any more :-)

Cheers,

Joel.

Joel,
    I replaced my basket with a synesso basket and a Pullman tamper which fits precisely, so that is mot a problem for me.

Kess,
    I dont have a problem with the drain hole at all so I cant help that situation.

As for wet steam I bleed mine during the warm up phase of the steam to ensure that there is no water left in there and I do not have any problems with it spitting during the steam phase. My only issue is that there is a 45 seconds (guestimate) delay in moving from shot to steam. During that time I bleed the steam of water, wipe out my milk jug, pour the milk in and wait it coming to pressure and the light going off so that I can texture the milk. Plenty of steam and awesome milk.

The Perfettas been with me for a year plus now, and still no issues with it. Also got a Synesso basket with a Pullman tamper. No issues with the water not dripping into the drip tray.

Other than when I have to serve 10 coffees to guests, Im quite happy with the performance of the machine for my own personal consumption.