Thread: Diamond Traditional vs Expobar Elegance

Diamond Traditional vs Expobar Elegance

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello all looking to get a new machine for my Coffee trailer and would like some help. looking to spend around $4,000. I have been looking at

A new 2 group Diamond Traditional $4,000

* E61 group Heads
    * Stainless steel steam & hot water pipes
    * Digital touch pads
    * Large cup warming tray
    * Full stainless steel body
    * Modern European design

or
    A new 2 group Expobar Elegance $4,300

Power Requirements: Single Phase
    Maximum Installed Power 15 amperes
    Boiler Size: 11.5 litres
    Boiler Composition: 99.99% Pure Copper
    Automatic Boiler Filling: Yes
    Manual Boiler Filling: Yes
    Heat Exchanger Size: 2 x 150 mL
    Heating Element Power: 3050 Watts
    Hot Water Outlets: 1
    Steam Outlets: 1
    Steam Pressure Gauge: Yes
    Pump Type: Rotary
    Pump Capacity: 200 L/hr
    Standards Compliance: CE
    Pump Pressure Gauge: Yes

Thoughts and experiences.
    Thanks. :)
    Pat

Re: Diamond Traditional vs Expobar Elegance

$4,000

$4,300

Hello.

The bottom machine is what we in the business call a "compact". Minimal features, smaller than full size capacity. You are only looking at small turnover? What happens if you manage to get yourself into events like festivals etc...all day affairs.....LOTS of people?

Choice of *type of* machine comes down firstly to, what are you planning to do in your business. If you are looking at good turnover, you should look at full size or high volume machines. Then look at availability and service availabe in your area and pick your *brand* that way.

Regrdz,
    Attilio
    very first C site sponsor

I think the picture of the expobar is the compact but the information refers to the full sized, I would echo fresh coffees comments the compact will not keep up with a lineup. I would go with the high group option with whatever machine you choose as it just gives you more choices regarding cup sizes. I will put my second crack in for the expobar (megacrem) have been using one for almost two years in my van and I am still a fan I have not heard of the other machine so I cant comment.

Like the name, we looked at that one when we were starting up but chose moto instead.

Cheers

Brett

Site Sponsor

Hi Bean On the Run.

Congratulations on making the foray into the mobile coffee industry. I know from hard experience that it can be one that is equally frustrating and painful as well as rewarding and successful! Pictures of our van from way back: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1159868364

The San Marino with some tweaks served us well for the purposes at the time but always regretted the 20amp plug on it. The other bit of advice I will freely sprout is make sure if your going down the generator path is to get something highly reliable and not go for the cheapest option.

Depending on where you are located and what sort of volume you are forecasting Im sure someone could talk about a free on loan machine. Servicing and service should always be on your mind foremost.

Kind Regards,

Roger Bright
    Supreme Roasters

Hi guys, Thanks for the advice, didnt realise that i put the compact pic on the post, Im looking at the full size versions, and the higher clearance models if available.

I have been trading out of my trailer for almost 6 months now acting as a drive through coffee shop Mon -Fri at car wash. I have a 4 year old Sanremo Venesia Lx, but its a 20amp. I have a 20amp outlet that i use there. and I hire a generator when needed and take an element out of the machine. I have done some small events but looking to do allot more in the near future.

So im looking for a new machine that will produce nice coffee and will cater to large events. 2 group. best Quality and Quantity for around $4,000

Thanks
    Pat :)

My trailer

and again

Cant comment on the other machine as I have never seen one before (are they available with service local to you?) This is what you need when you are running a business.....service local to you.

Re the "Elegance":

Look into the specs guys"
    "...
    Boiler Size: 11.5 litres
    Heating Element Power: 3050 Watts
    Steam Outlets: 1 and....
    the price
    ..."

The specs tell you this can only be a budget model not that theres anything wrong with that many manufacturers have them and they serve a purpose but.....cant be compared to full size high capacity machines with correspondingly higher price tags attached.

Compare the solidity and build of the frame of these machines with more expensive models. The machine is going to get "all shook up" riding around in that trailer. Some machines dont like to get all shook up and sometimes.....crack up....!

You need to decide what you want and or are prepared to compromise on in your business.

Buyer beware.

Regardz,
    A.

As you know Attilio finding a machine that suits mobile operations is not easy, high volume machines have high power requirements and so pose a problem for outlets. If you wanted to consider an expobar I can recommend the megacrem which has two steam outlets but similar specs. I think you will add a little to the price but it is definitely worth it.

Cheers

Brett

Hi,

The Expobar is a very reliable machine. Parts are easy to get. I think the MegaCrem is a cheaper machine with the same specs.

Fresh Coffee has hit the nail on the head. Be sure about your venues. We use a 2 Group Expobar and we can out work it. We run out of steam. For big events we take a 3 group multi boiler machine.

The guys at Expobar can fit a bigger element to help recovery.

Have you looked at a 2 Group multi boiler?

Whilst budget is important, you dont want a machine that will not keep up with demand. This will cost money, and business reputation sometimes.

Martin.

Thanks for all the advice.

Most of the coffee carts/vans/trailers I have seen are running and Exobar megacrema, Elegance, Wega or Diamond. so im just going with what i have seen. these machines except for the wega are 15amp machines.
    20 amp power is not always avalible at events. so I have chosen to go with a 15 ampa and if it gets really busy, I will have a separate stand alone Steamer. to keep the coffee machine up to pressure.

No i havenít looked at Double boiler machines yet. Any suggestions for around the $4,000 mark.?
    Thanks Pat
    :)

Espresso italia have a machine that can be run as 15 or 20 amp (I think) with the switch of a button, cant comment about its coffee making abilities or build quality but could be worth looking into. Dont think you will find a dual boiler for $4000, if you were refering to my post I was taking about steam arms not extra boilers.

Cheers

Brett

Hey Pat.
    What power genie are you running?
    I'm tryin to do this in Canada, but there's no examples of anyone else doing the same thing.