Thread: Bezzera Lever Machine

Bezzera Lever Machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ive been keeping my eye out for a new (to me) machine and have missed out on a couple as they were either sold or beyond what I could justify spending.
    But today I managed to get a 70s era Bezzera Lever machine for a good price.
    This looks pretty much the same machine, although the spring on mine seems quite a bit stronger, and I wouldnt just let it go like he does. Does anyone here own anything similar, and know what I can do as far as servicing it myself?
    Also it looks like it is a 53mm tamper - is that right?
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzpFPnuuuQ[/media]

Have only pulled a couple of shots on it so far, and I think I might have ground the beans a little bit too fine. But so far am a very happy camper.

Re: Bezzera Lever Machine

The machine in the video is a SAMA Club machine, isnt it?

Theyre now being re-made by Ponte Vecchio as the Lusso.

Jack from Sorrentina sells the Lusso in Australia, and also sells parts for it - hes a sponsor on the left <===

Club style a nice find, I found a thread on one Here I would love to see some more pics.

Pics to come once my camera is charged.
    It cost me the princely sum of approximately $170 - the owners knew the true value was double or triple that amount but were happy to let it go to someone who would look after her in her old age.

There are a couple of small things I would like to ask, but will do those when I have pictorial evidence to show what I mean.

The one bad thing - there appears to be the possibility of asbestos cladding at the rear of the boiler - which I will be taking all safe precautions to remove asap.

Quote Originally Posted by 455B434E585B40412F0 link=1284821744/1#1 date=1284846230
    The machine in the video is a SAMA Club machine, isnt it?

Theyre now being re-made by Ponte Vecchio as the Lusso.

Jack from Sorrentina sells the Lusso in Australia, and also sells parts for it - hes a sponsor on the left <===
    The machine in the video may be a SAMA Club for all I know - mine looks very, very similar. In fact the only difference I can see is that the shape of the steam arm and water spout are different from that (and mine definitely has the Bezzera label on the back).

Unfortunately I am no longer in Aus, so the sponsors may cost me more than local suppliers, or I would still use them.

Photos as requested
    This is the old girl from the front

And from behind - no sniggering at the back

A quick peak at the boiler from the nice side. You cant actually see in this pic, but there is a return pipe under the pipe leading to the group making this a thermosyphon?

And now the scary - is that what I think it is?

Other than the above, the only real issue I can see is that around the lever fulcrum a little rechroming needs to be done

One odd thing is that there appears to have been some kind of modification done to the steam wand

Should I just be able to remove that?

Check out Jack from Sorrentina rebuild thread on his here http://www.home-barista.com/levers/s...ht-t10884.html on a Sama Club. Either one is a close copy of the other or the badge might be a stick on :-/

Great pickup anyway :)

Hello

I bought me last week also a Sama Club machine and now I want to restore the machine. Thank you for the video, so I see how the Lusso is working.

Greetings

Holger