Thread: VBM Domobar Jr

VBM Domobar Jr

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am still looking for a new machine and have seen a good deal on the VBM Domobar Jr. Would you consider one of these over a Breville DB. We have mainly double shots or long blacks so milk is not that important for us but I would still like to have the steam available if I need it. I believe the VBM is a very good reliable machine, would this be correct?

Caffeine Junky

Re: VBM Domobar Jr

Quote Originally Posted by 667D7C6B7F23120 link=1319662823/0#0 date=1319662823
    I am still looking for a new machine and have seen a good deal on the VBM Domobar Jr. Would you consider one of these over a Breville DB. We have mainly double shots or long blacks so milk is not that important for us but I would still like to have the steam available if I need it. I believe the VBM is a very good reliable machine, would this be correct?
    They are a wonderful machine. I have owned over a dozen espresso machines and the VBM Jr was my absolute favourite. At one stage I owned a VBM and a Rocket Giotto and had to sell one of them. After using both for a couple of weeks I held onto the VBM and sold the Giotto. Its near perfect in my opinion.

Whoever you buy from just make sure its bench tested, which goes for any machine.

The Vbm Donobar Junior is very highly regarded by everyone here on this site if you were to check with some of the sponsors here that sell both you will get a good explanation on both machines i think Chris at Talk Coffee has both and has a special on the Vbm Junior at the moment he is very honest with his advice and is spot on with his knowledge and after sales service hope this helps.

Hi tonym1
    +1 from me, Ive had mine 20 months now, it hasnt missed a beat, theres plenty of hot water for long blacks & loads of steam when you need it.

Hubby (jokingly, I think) asked the other day if I would be wanting a new machine for Xmas, and after a short while I decided - no, I love the Jnr, it doesnt take up much bench space, is easy to use, is a very solid unit, the group handle is nice and heavy & makes great coffee.

I would like to have a look at the Breville, from what I have read it heats up very quickly, which is what I would consider to be its biggest plus, but I dont think Id swap (take that as coming from a very happy & biased VBM Jnr owner ;D)

As Cafefine Junky said, new or second hand, get it bench tested, a properly set up machine from the start is the only way to go.

+1. Domobar Jr is great.

It must be 2 years since I got mine..still loving it :D
    I dont ever feel like I want to upgrade or get something different.

+1 :P