Thread: Izzo Vivi PID or Vibiemme domobar jr dual boiler

Izzo Vivi PID or Vibiemme domobar jr dual boiler

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Im buying my first machine and I cant decide which machine I should buy. They have the same price in my local store.

Re: Izzo Vivi PID or Vibiemme domobar jr dual boiler

i have the izzo alex dueto and can vouch for its excellent construction internally and externally. but if you make latte more than espresso you may find the vibiemme has greater clearance on the group head than the izzo ( a definite plus IMHO)

also operate the lever on both - i have used some where the action feels like a korean car compared to a euro.

ask to have a look inside both machines - this may give you a better feel for the value for money on both.

In any event as a first machine both would be great and it will get down to your preference of aesthetics and design.

you should probably also include the expobar minore IV in your evaluations.

good luck and keep us posted!*

TC

Hi Christian and welcome,

Not sure where you are, but if in Australia you will need to consider that the VBM Domobar Junior does not come here. The HX Domobar Junior is available and is an excellent machine.

My understanding is that the Dual Boiler Domobar Junior didnt pass muster on performance. You would need to look at the VBM Dual boiler PID Domobar Super which is earmarked for future release here.

Hope that helps.

Chris

I live in Sweden and I actually are waiting on a 1 year used Dalla corte mini but I dont know if I can wait any more.
    I can buy the vivi pid and vibiemme db for the same money that an used Dalla Corte.

All three machines are small and thats good.
    I will make cappuccino and shots most.

Bought the Dalla corte mini today. First time in my life and the cappuccinos tasted very good. :)
    Also bought a Mahlkönig Vario Home grinder.

How have you gone with your machine? I am currently trying to
    Quote Originally Posted by 663921373C373B3232313139353A540 link=1322082404/2#2 date=1322094701
    Hi Christian and welcome,

Not sure where you are, but if in Australia you will need to consider that the VBM Domobar Junior does not come here. The HX Domobar Junior is available and is an excellent machine.

My understanding is that the Dual Boiler Domobar Junior didnt pass muster on performance. You would need to look at the VBM Dual boiler PID Domobar Super which is earmarked for future release here.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Thanks for this info, I am currently trying to make a short list for my first serious coffee machine. I currently had the Izzo Vivi (im a a little tight for space so a small machine appeals, but I could "make" room if there are no good small options), Vibiemme Domobar Junior (you have pretty much said not really a worth while machine) or the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus.
    From what I have read I am leaning towards the Izzo Vivi.

Im still very confused about grinders, I think I need to look a little further into them.
    Cheers, and thanks for all of the info.

Quote Originally Posted by 64485A5C5D48290 link=1322082404/5#5 date=1330991029
    Vibiemme Domobar Junior (you have pretty much said not really a worth while machine)
    Just remember that in Australia the Heat Exchange (HX) Vibiemme Domobar Junior is what is commonly sold (rather than the dual boiler one that was spoken about in the original post). The HX machine is a great machine in its category so dont write it off as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by 64485A5C5D48290 link=1322082404/5#5 date=1330991029
    The HX machine is a* great machine in its category so dont write it off as an option.
    not just great, but perhaps the best in its category??

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 31372A3C272A3C747C7D75450 link=1322082404/7#7 date=1331105783
    ....not just great, but perhaps the best in its category??
    Its definitely a brilliant machine and fantastic value for money. The most current stock has replaced the old budget Mater pressurestat with a full commercial Sirai as fitted to the Domobar Super. It means that the only difference between the Junior and Super is the boiler size which is neither here nor there- unless every one of those 10 dinner guests wants a long black ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 53666B6C58446861616262070 link=1322082404/8#8 date=1331108834
    The most current stock has replaced the old budget Mater pressurestat with a full commercial Sirai as fitted to the Domobar Super.
    What advantage does the sirai have over the mater? Obviously its a better unit, but real world difference?