Thread: Domobar super running out of puff

Domobar super running out of puff

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys, just wondering if any other domobar super owners out there can help me out with this one. Purchased a dombobar a couple of months ago now, upgraded from a silvia. Great fantastic machine, espresso is amazing, steams milk like a champ, but the steaming isnt quiet there...

A 400 ml and 600 ml jug steams without any issues, but when i use a 1 litre jug (half filled with milk) it really struggles towards the end (after 50 to 60 degrees).

The boiler pressure is at about 0.5 of a bar by this temp and its really difficult to get any swirling action. Any time i purge the steam wand it losses about 0.5 of a bar and the element kicks in. When i start to steam it drops about 0.3 of a bar and slowly downward after that. For a 2.7 litre boiler this really doesnt seem right? I would have thought it would be able to steam a 1 litre jug no worries or at least start to struggle with a 1.5?

Would it be a smart idea to play with the pressure stat? ATM its set at 1.1 bar, maybe up it to 1.3?

Thanks in advanced guys.

Re: Domobar super running out of puff

is domobar a 2-hole tip? Id consider a 4-hole for a 1L jug (personally)

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 564448474A5C401716250 link=1323217441/0#0 date=1323217441
    .... but when i use a 1 litre jug (half filled with milk) it really struggles towards the end (after 50 to 60 degrees).
    A 1 litre jug will make 2 pretty huge, dilute drinks. Is that what youre doing or are you trying to texture for a dinner party in one go? ;)

Yes 2-hole, wouldnt a four hole just make it run out of steam faster? 1 litre jug used for 3 small lattes. Besides large dilutted drinks are something the Americans love!

TC

ok....

Best bet would be fresh espresso and 2 milk texture events- unless you have a LM triple spouted portafilter?

Fresh is always best ;)

Talk_coffee, thats usually my procedure, but had a lot of people over and really didnt have the time for that, plus what about if i wanted to steam milk for 3 hot chocolates or chai lattes or any non espresso based drinks? etc.

I just really thought it would steam a 1 litre jug comfortably and reliably. Taking a closer look as well, seems the factory setting of the boiler pressure was set at 1.2 bar, probably wont be adjusting it any time soon.

The retailer I had purchased it from suggested that the water level probe COULD be set too high, and reducing the amount of steam that would usually be in the boiler, could a fault like that pass QC?