Thread: Which machine??

Which machine??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi

Im new here and am tossing up between 2 machines - the Vibiemme Domobar Super Lever - SS and Isomac Tea.

Would love to hear peoples opinions on either machine, or if there is any other type of machine that I should be considering.* Thanks! ::)

Re: Which machine??

Hello there and welcome to CS!

....yes, if you are considering one of the larger boiler semi commercial HX machines you should be considering the BFC Diadema Junior Extra.

If you are considering one of the smaller boiler models, you should be coinsidering either the BFC Diadema Junior Plus Levetta OR the Unico SPLENDOR.

The standard of design, build, finish and performance of these is excellent.

Thanks for asking :)

Rgdz,,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

Caffeine Junky

Hi inkan and welcome. Im interested to know why you narrowed it down to these 2 machines. There is probably a $600-700 price gap between them and lots of other machines to choose from in that price range.

What are your needs/requirements?

TC

Hi Inkan,

I am puzzled as well!

I would also second Attilios comments on Diadema as the build quality of them is exceptional.

Can I also recommend that you do visit a site sponsor if at all possible or at the very least speak to one or two about some suitable machines. The design of thngs you dont see will often make the difference between poor, average and great machines and I too frequently find myself reading misinformation about some machines from overseas sources or from those with little experience of a wide range of machines.

We sponsors do this every day and will be able to inform you why one machine may be good and why some are best avoided. A whole host of factors you may not have even considered may lead you to one of the machines you have mentioned or ultimately to something different. The critical thing is to choose the right machine for you and your requirements.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers

Chris

Hi there

Thanks for your responses.. ummm, well someone recommended those machines..

The machine will be predominantly for home but may be used on the occasional catering job to probably make coffees for up to 20 people. So will need to be as light as possible (obviously within reason!).

Look forward to your responses.

Thanks! :)

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 7C7B7E747B150 link=1326336139/4#4 date=1326415422
    may be used on the occasional catering job to probably make coffees for up to 20 people.* So will need to be as light as possible (obviously within reason!).
    Well that may eliminate the VBM Super at a hefty 28kg.

Just what does occassional mean? Once a week, once a month? If catering for 20 people will you be making coffee after coffee for a short intensive period or the occassional coffee over a longer period? In future are you likely to start catering for 40 or 50 people?

A small domestic HX or double boiler machine would probably be ok for you although Id still like to hear a bit more detail. The downside of a machine like this is a relatively small tank which you would need to keep topping up. No big deal at home but could be annoying when youre flat out trying to service your customers.

Id go for something with a reputation of robustness. For example the Bezzera BZ99. Really though what you should be doing is speaking to a retailer, such as one of our fine sponsors. Where are you located?

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 797E7B717E100 link=1326336139/4#4 date=1326415422
    The machine will be predominantly for home but may be used on the occasional catering job to probably make coffees for up to 20 people.* So will need to be as light as possible (obviously within reason!).
    In that case you could also consider the new Lelit dual boiler - PL60T.

But Id endorse all the recommendations to visit a sponsor so that you can have a detailed chat about your requirements and pros/cons of the many machines available.

charlie

Hi..

We havent had much call for coffee when we have done catering jobs but would like a machine that could accommodate just in case. So in saying that, it would be used for catering once every couple of months.

We are located on the Sunshine Coast, QLD.

Thanks for everyones help so far.

;D

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 6A4554624C41434B63414645200 link=1326336139/6#6 date=1326417496
    In that case you could also consider the new Lelit dual boiler - PL60T.
    Only 11kg I noticed Charlie, could be a good option. Given the reputation of Lelit machines Im sure it will be very reliable.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 5453565C533D0 link=1326336139/7#7 date=1326420420
    Hi..

We havent had much call for coffee when we have done catering jobs but would like a machine that could accommodate just in case.* So in saying that, it would be used for catering once every couple of months.

We are located on the Sunshine Coast, QLD.

Thanks for everyones help so far.

;D
    A couple of things to keep in mind here:

-If the machine is being used for "catering", this is deemed commercial use and a reduced commercial warranty would apply.

-If you are using any domestic machine for commercial purposes, Id be up speccing and looking towards the top end rather than for a cheap light machine. In my opinion, your usage profile and requirement for a light machine are not a good match.

Just my 2 bobs.... ::)

Chris

mft

hey inkan

if you like isomac, look into the la mondiale

Maybe a bit late now but I 2nd caffine junkies BZ99 rec. I have one and have no problem smashing out 10 in a row and could do so all day everyday. Its a simple solid animal of a machine. Only downside is the small drip tray. Must be matched to a decent grinder of course.

Guys - I know Im just waking up a weekold thread - but Im thinking of upgrading from a Breville BES900.

I am realize the taste of the extraction is quite thin at times; and if its drank with milk, it seems like flavor isnt well rounded at all. I love a much creamier and rich flavor, and read from previous threads that the OPV could be the main problem.

What do you think is the next step up from the BES900 without blowing a hole in my pocket? I make only about 2 coffees every morning, and only entertain to up to about 6 guests on occasions.

Ive got a Macap M4 grinder with me.

Thanks,
    Darryl.

Maybe a HX machine with an e61 group-head?

Maybe you need to tinker with the ol dose/grind/tamp combo?

Quote Originally Posted by 5B455D5046455E5F310 link=1326336139/13#13 date=1329478489
    Maybe a HX machine with an e61 group-head?*

Maybe you need to tinker with the ol dose/grind/tamp combo?
    Funny thing is - it seems to blond too soon at times on the second extraction. Im using a the double basket but extracting only 30ml to capture the first pour. Almost like a ristretto.

Only other option for me to experiment with a naked PF. Not sure if theres already a naked PF for the BES900. Been waiting almost 6 months for it now.