Thread: Newbie Question - VBM Junior or Isomac Tea or Other

Newbie Question - VBM Junior or Isomac Tea or Other

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight

Personal Message

IP Logged

Jan 12th, 2012 at 1:42pm Mark & Quote Quote
    Hi

Im new here and I suspect that this may have been answered some where but Im unable to find anything. I am tossing up between 2 machines - the Vibiemme Domobar Junior and the Isomac Tea. Though I am open to other suggestions.

My price range is around the $2k mark. The machine would need to be able to do about 5 or 6 milk based coffees a day

Ive gone in and looked the machines in a store, but this hasnt helped me to narrow it down. Your views on either machine would be greatly appreciated, or if there is any other machine that I should consider and its pros.

Thanks AL

Re: Newbie Question - VBM Junior or Isomac Tea or Other

Im also new, first reply!
    Anyway, I just bout the Isomac Tea, it should arrive next week so Ill let you know how it goes. I dont think you will be dissapointed either way. At this end of the spectrum most machines will be great!

Coin flip?

Both are virtually identical, both awesome machines. Email the sitesponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au and ask for a price, maybe with a grinder to suit?

Quote Originally Posted by 6078767F7F6A130 link=1326972559/2#2 date=1327010969
    Both are virtually identical
    I think virtually is the operative word there. While many machines look alike on the outside, the way they are built on the inside can vary immensely, and hence perform very differently too.

Personally, for the reasons I mentioned above, I dont think the Isomac Tea is a patch on the Vibiemme Junior.

Cheers
    Dennis aka Cuppacoffee

I dont know much about isomac but I have a fairly good relationship with someone who used to be a dealer for Vibiemme and know that they are a top machine
    made from quality components.

Hello Alwynn and welcome to CS.

Actually* you would be mad not to also consider the BFC / Diadema Junior Plus Levetta.* Great machine!

Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

I just purchased a VBM Domobar Jnr from site sponsor Di Bartoli. Very happy with it. I spoke to several shops/people in the coffee industry and for the price this was the one everyone recommended. You wont be disappointed.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2F2E342E2A2829470 link=1326972559/6#6 date=1327046608
    I just purchased a VBM Domobar Jnr from site sponsor Di Bartoli. Very happy with it. I spoke to several shops/people in the coffee industry and for the price this was the one everyone recommended. You wont be disappointed.
    Agreed- it is a step up. Until recently, the VBM was a$2650 proposition. With the newly introduced commercial Sirai pressurestat its terrific value as well. +1 also for the excellent quality of anything badged Diadema.

I went the VBM Junior from Talk_Coffee. I was weighing up against the Tea, Giotto and Diadema.* I cant comment on performance compared to the other machines, having not used them. However, the thing that really sold the VBM for me above all else (particularly as against the Giotto) is the footprint.* Its a narrow machine at only 225W x 400D x 350H.

Its also short enough to fit under cabinets, with an open water reservoir, so re-filling is relatively easy, even with the machine pushed right back against the wall.

This is versus 265W x 410D x 400H for the Isomac. Giotto is wider again at 330W. Diadema Junior Plus Lever 260x440x425.

It doesnt sound like much, but once you add in a grinder etc, equipment takes up a lot of bench space. Its very noticeable how much smaller the VBM Jnr is when viewed in person.

Unfortunately, I bought Chriss display model before Christmas so I think I missed out on the Sirai pressurestat* :(

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 07332432291E022E27272424410 link=1326972559/5#5 date=1327030988
    Actually* you would be mad not to also consider the BFC / Diadema Junior Plus Levetta.* Great machine!
    Yes I would say its either the Diadema or the VBM.

Site Sponsor

Thank for mention me Hisimon, everyone has different opinions in regards a machinery the best way is to try both and get the feel of each, so you can take a better decision.
    We have both on the bench to trial if you wish.

Regards

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Center