Thread: Isomac Tea-first post.

Isomac Tea-first post.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    This is my first post so I thought Id start off by saying Ive upgraded from my Gaggia Deluxe which has served me well for over 5yrs to a Isomac Tea! Cant wait to get it and try it out. Any other happy Tea uses around?
    Looking forward to contributing to the site.

Re: Isomac Tea-first post.

Sharing in your excitement! Not a Tea owner (although was in my top 3 choices) but a La Mondiale Due owner (as of yesterday ;D). Loving it! And Im sure you will with the Tea!

Im a TEA owner of 3 years and the machine is still going strong. No issues yet, great little HX machine. Of course you should make sure you use properly filtered water to encourage longevity.

Thanks guys!
    Im just enjoying one of my last coffees on my Gaggia Deluxe before it moves to a better home and before mine comes!
    Filtered water-for sure, we have one in our sink so its always handy!

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 4F40787F7F6C740D0 link=1327006654/3#3 date=1327106403
    Filtered water-for sure, we have one in our sink so its always handy!
    Keep in mind that a drinking water filter does not a coffee filter make. Drinking water filter will not attend to calcuim, nor magnesium and therefore do not reduce scaling.

how about RO filters? thats what I use...

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 342835352229332E2926242821212222470 link=1327006654/5#5 date=1327129005
    how about RO filters? thats what I use...
    On the proviso that they remineralise water. If not, theyre as bad for espresso machines as scale ;)

What to use then without buying water?? surely it doesnt make huge difference..

Quote Originally Posted by 19162E29293A225B0 link=1327006654/7#7 date=1327145003
    What to use then without buying water?? surely it doesnt make* huge difference..
    Store bought water is often quite hard, that is, it is full of minerals that will form scale.

Scale will build up in your espresso machines boiler and water paths until they are totally blocked. Depending on where you live and the hardness of your local water supply this could take as little as 12 months of regular use.

I got all my water filter gear from sponsor Coffee Parts but Bombora is also an excelent source.

Although I actually havent followed the advice yet, I was thinking of getting something from Bombora: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1300415170
    I have not proceeded because I have in the back of my mind that we want to upgrade our kitchen in the near future but who knows when that will actually be??? So at the moment it is just regular desclaling for me, or maybe I should get one of those benchtop ones with the special coffee machine filter?

And I found some threads through the CS search started my members thinking about something similar: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1240805169 ,
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1323046351/2

I use this in my setup. Still going strong.

IMO if you spent the dollars upfront you should really spend the extra few bucks to ensure you new machine is going to last you down the track. Descaling in not a quick an easy process and if done wrong often leads to additional problems. Per Chriss advice numerous times and other site sponsors, regular descaling is not ideal as you are stripping metals from the machine each time and only should be done every 12-24 months.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1314108124

I have since changed the filter from purchase and am using this filter with great success.

http://clean-machine.com.au/Triple_action_drop_in_filter_-with_Scale_inhibition.html

That filter set up is pretty much what I have, its the finest filtration..

Also. Whats the best way to run a new machine in? Or is it good to go?

Should be good to go?

You may want to pull down the shower screen and check if it needs a quick wipe. Sometimes new machines have excess grease which forms on the brew disc behind the shower screen.