Thread: BFC Vittoria single group

myalfa

BFC Vittoria single group

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

I just picked up a BFC Vittoria single group machine to upgrade from my Silvia. I am having trouble with getting a solid puck after the brew. The puck is solid but there is always a little chunk left on the shower screen. I am grinding with a Rocky, the brews a good. Can anyone help?

Re: BFC Vittoria single group

grind a little coarser and tamp a little harder. Nice machine btw, i have the same one (although mine just blew an element :( )

Quote Originally Posted by 36223A373D3A5B0 link=1328123278/0#0 date=1328123278
    there is always a little chunk left on the shower screen
    sounds like its a little over-dosed. The puck swells up with water so it will be higher than when you lock it in dry. Its normal to have a couple of grinds on the screen from turbulence, but not usually a chunk. Each machine / basket is different so dont just dose it the same way you used to do the Silvia. Have you tried the 5c test on this one?

myalfa

I have gradually been making the grind finer because I couldnt tamp any harder. Coffee flow rate is good. I had been over dosing - I found i could dose to the mark in the basket. I think I have the dose right now.

I have seen the 5C test referred to - how does it work?

myalfa

I just found the 5c test - I will give it a go. Maybe I am overdosing. It just seems that any less coffee affects the quality of the puck. Thanks for your help.

Sorry to hear about the boiler :( I am very happy with my Vittoria. I cannot belive the difference to the Silvia!

Weighed the dose this morning, turns out I was over-dosing. A great shot and a perfect biscuit-like puck. Thanks for the help!

hehe - onward and upward!