Thread: Rocket Giotto new on ebay..

Rocket Giotto new on ebay..

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I have been reading up on different coffee machines (Saeco VV, IsoMAC, Silvia, BES900) etc for the last few weeks. Just when I thought that my mind was set on the Silvia, I learnt of the wait time for the machine to warm, up and inconstancies in temperature which have put me off a little..

I am gradually starting to look towards more expensive machines, but still not wandering around in the dark.. I tend to a little obsessive about my interests which is why I think I may quickly grow out of the cheaper machines such as the Via Venezia.

To my point... more recently I have been looking at the Rocket Giotto, which seems to have a great reputation.

I am not sure of the different models, but they tend to sell for around $3,500 in New Zealand. (Which is a stretch for someone so new to making espresso..)

I have notices many of these machines selling new on ebay, which can ship to NZ, for around NZ $2,100

Quote: "ROCKET ESPRESSO GIOTTO PREMIUM PLUS COFFEE MAKER MACHINE"

I wondered if anyone has had experience with suppliers like this? and can make any recommendations.

Thanks in advance for advise on my situation.

TC

Re: Rocket Giotto

Hello Dirk,

Do a quick search >>>^^^ on "import espresso machine" as this question has been well and truly covered off many times before. You should then have ample information to make an informed decision.

This place has some really cheap ones ::) http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1328186398

Re: Rocket Giotto new on ebay..

Thanks, unfortunately I could not post the ebay link because I dont havent made 5 posts yet.

I realise there are probably plenty of cheap knock offs. But these arent exactly cheap... I mostly figured that the NZ resellers are really expensive. "Seattle coffee gear" (a well known shop that does youtube reviews) also lists this price for new Rocket machines.

The ebay seller has a 100% perfect reputation with plenty of sales. In my experience, I have never purchased an item off a trade site that has been bad, but I guess there is always a first.

So what is everyone else paying for these machines? I am generally careful about purchasing anything imported, but I dont want to get ripped off on my own doorstep either.. .

I also thought they might be a bit cheaper since the USD has dropped so much.

Dirk,

Why dont you talk with one of the sponsors here. As Chris has replied, he is excellent to deal with (TalkCoffee) or your other option is to shoot an email to all sponsors with your queries. You just never know what you might be able to achieve by discussing with a CS sponsor ;)

SiteSponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au

Thats a great idea. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1B3E3F2528510 link=1329616825/3#3 date=1329629451
    Coffee) or your other option is to shoot an email to all sponsors with your queries.* You just never know what you might be able to achieve by discussing with a CS sponsor*
    Quote Originally Posted by 1B3E3F2528510 link=1329616825/3#3 date=1329629451
    Dirk,

Why dont you talk with one of the sponsors here. As Chris has replied, he is excellent to deal with (TalkCoffee) or your other option is to shoot an email to all sponsors with your queries.* You just never know what you might be able to achieve by discussing with a CS sponsor* ;)

SiteSponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au

Have had a bit more of a read, and I take it back.

I read up on the Evoluzione, versus the standard Rocket which explains some of the price difference, and you can get them in NZ for about 5-600 more which is not worth quibbling over considering warranty and other factors..

I also had a better read of some of the debates on importing. For the most part it made a lot of sense.

Will spend more time researching machines, and no doubt come up with more questions on what to purchase as I get closer ;) Thanks

There are plenty of Giotto owners here if you want to ask questions, but again, the best advice comes from the person who sells lots of them, not just the guy who owns one (me!)...

Dirk,

I went through the same exercise 6 mths ago. Finally choose Rocket Giotto PP from a local (Qld) sponsor. Coupled it with a Compak K3 Touch grinder and I am very happy with both the equipment and the price.
    I too, have not yet had a bad experience on ebay, but this machine is not one where I was prepared to take the risk.
    As everyone will tell you, you will need a good grinder, so budget for that as well. Make good use of this website, it is a gold mine of info.
    Noel

Ill chime in here also and agree 100% with Noel. I to am very positive with the "bay of plenty" but there are a number of things I wouldnt consider buying from OS. An espresso machine is one. If* I have an issue the supplier is "only" 2 hours drive south [no local local sellers here in Shepparton] and my bicycle [local person here] as if it needs a "tune up" he is 5 minutes away.

Steve.