Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kopinoob

Thread: Bezzera Magica

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Moorooka
    Posts
    57

    Bezzera Magica

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

    About a year ago I bought a six year old Bezzera BZ02 from Chris at Barazi. Have finally got used to the idea that a well made HX machine is a good thing and now ready to step up to something thing new. All though have been keen on the Domus Galatea but the new style steam/Hot water levers rather then turn knobs look much better and seems more practical. The Mrs and Chris (mostly the Mrs) has tried to make me really think about the Strega but still think I am not all there to head down the path of a lever just yet. See myself getting a nice Lever Machine when I retire. Till then have my eyes set on the Magica. Really nice tidy package that has all the inner works of the Galatea/Gea and apart from the E61 its all Bezzera.

    Wondering if there are any Magica Owners out there that can give some feedback on how they like the machine.

    Think the last time I went to see what was new at Barazi I had a small play with Strega but did not see a Mitica/Magica to play with and was a little tunnelled into the Galatea at the time.

    Cheers,

    Ken

  2. #2
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,115

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Quote Originally Posted by 6C537E634E4F6A447372210 link=1331168521/0#0 date=1331168521
    Hi,

    About a year ago I bought a six year old Bezzera BZ02 from Chris at Barazi. Have finally got used to the idea that a well made HX machine is a good thing and now ready to step up to something thing new. All though have been keen on the Domus Galatea but the new style steam/Hot water levers rather then turn knobs look much better and seems more practical. The Mrs and Chris (mostly the Mrs) has tried to make me really think about the Strega but still think I am not all there to head down the path of a lever just yet. See myself getting a nice Lever Machine when I retire. Till then have my eyes set on the Magica. Really nice tidy package that has all the inner works of the Galatea/Gea and apart from the E61 its all Bezzera.

    Wondering if there are any Magica Owners out there that can give some feedback on how they like the machine.

    Think the last time I went to see what was new at Barazi I had a small play with Strega but did not see a Mitica/Magica to play with and was a little tunnelled into the Galatea at the time.

    Cheers,

    Ken
    Hey Ken
    I eventually went for the Strega from Chris @ Barazi Bezzera, but I did like it a lot from the first test some months ago

    Have previously owned the Galatea and a BZ40 (to be sold)

    Its all personal - but all the options you noted are also excellent
    KK

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Kenny I have recently acquired the Magica and couldnt be happier. I was stepping up from a single boiler machine and as such there was a bit of a learning curve however I find myself able to produce consistently good shots and the best micro foam i have ever been able to generate. I have had mine for about 3 months and think its great - as per your post i love the lever for steam. Whilst my machine is a grey import from a non sponsor (pm if you want more info on this - i will not post against sponsors in a public forum) and required some minor tinkering to get it right for me (pressurestat and opv adjustments) i think its great. Both the pressurestat and opv are easy to get to and adjust and really cant complain about the machine at all. After having it for just 2 weeks i used it at my dads 60th and punched out about 30 coffees within an hour and the machine didnt miss a beat. My coffee making skills were definitely the weak link.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Moorooka
    Posts
    57

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Hi Ash,

    Thanks for that, will going for the Magica once I can afford the awesome machine. Good to read from another Magica driver and that you are having a blast. Pretty sure Chris from Barazi Bezzera will be able to sort me out.

    I would go for a revised version of the Domus Galatea but only if the machine had the steam/hot water levers instead of the turn knobs. Not sure if that is something Bezzera would be interested in doing. Not that interested in buying a Galatea and tinkering with it, may cause some warranty issues. Thanks again.

    Bezzera Magica it is* ;D

    Come on funds

    KennyM

  5. #5
    Alexc
    Guest

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Im also looking at this machine and i really like the idea of levers.
    Ash - have you had any issues with your hand getting hot when frothing milk due to the fact you have to hold the lever? I read this was a criticism of lever machines compared to knob ones.
    thanks

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Hi everyone;

    we sell the Magica, and we are founding that the idea of levers are working for a lot of people, because is one consistent steam preasure. With regading the set up of the OPV we set it at 9 to 10 bars are for the Austrian requiments, machine ussually in Italy are set at 12 bars.

    Any one intersted please check our website http://www.unpaid.com.au/cat/Di_Bartoli_Espresso_Machines

    Any question or demos happy to help.

    Regards

    Renzo

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Moorooka
    Posts
    57

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Quote Originally Posted by 517C756873100 link=1331168521/4#4 date=1331605386
    Im also looking at this machine and i really like the idea of levers.
    Ash - have you had any issues with your hand getting hot when frothing milk due to the fact you have to hold the lever? I read this was a criticism of lever machines compared to knob ones.
    thanks
    The lever for the steam is 3 position from what I rememeber playing with the Strega. So there is momentary on (blasting out water and cleaning), off and on. Say would be the same steam lever mechanism on the magica .

    KennyM

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Sorry havent been on the forum for a while - Kenny - you are spot on - the steam lever is 3 position - blast/on/off and havent had any trouble with it - have burnt my finger once on the hot steam wand - however that was more user stupidity than an issue with the machine. The hot water outlet requires it to be held on - however i rarely use this so it is not a big issue for me. Just catered my nephews second birthday brunch and did 30+ coffees on it and it didnt miss a beat. Strongly recommend anyone interested to contact Di Bartoli for a look/demo. I have had the cover off mine a few times and it definitely looks impressively built - i cant imagine too many things going wrong for a long time.

  9. #9
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Hi Ash26,

    Thanks for mentioning Di Bartoli. We love our Magica and very much proud of its performance and overall value.

    Di Bartoli sells the Magica exclusivity in Australia, and nowadays she is priced to fly...click here to visit our latest pricing and some more info about this beauty!

    Ofra


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    I am now the proud owner of a Magica and couldnt be happier. Stepped up after many years of Silvia useage, and am enjoying the ease of making several milk based drinks in quick succession. I would highly recommend checking out this machine to anyone looking at a HX upgrade. Thanks Renzo (di bartoli) for spending the time to show me the different machines and providing unbiased information on the pros and cons of each.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    I also got a magica and in direct violation of Luca Bezzeras advice from the factory (on youtube) i reduced the opv setting from 12 bar to 9.5 bar. Coffee less sour but the machine make a high pitched noise when i extract and pull a shot. It is a new machine. Does anybody know how to fix or do i have to put it back up to 12 bar to stop the noise?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    7,130

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Quote Originally Posted by 5C474A454C765F404747404C290 link=1331168521/10#10 date=1340401335
    I also got a magica and in direct violation of Luca Bezzeras advice from the factory (on youtube) i reduced the opv setting from 12 bar to 9.5 bar. Coffee less sour but the machine make a high pitched noise when i extract and pull a shot. It is a new machine. Does anybody know how to fix or do i have to put it back up to 12 bar to stop the noise?
    Why not reset it it factory specs and learn to use it as Bezzera designed it before messing with settings, they do have a pretty good idea of what they are doing. ;)

  13. #13
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Quote Originally Posted by 5E4548474E745D424545424E2B0 link=1331168521/10#10 date=1340401335
    I also got a magica and in direct violation of Luca Bezzeras advice from the factory (on youtube) i reduced the opv setting from 12 bar to 9.5 bar. Coffee less sour but the machine make a high pitched noise when i extract and pull a shot. It is a new machine. Does anybody know how to fix or do i have to put it back up to 12 bar to stop the noise?
    Hi uncle vinnie,

    Were surprised to hear of your machine being set up to 12 bar of pressure. Has it been purchased in Australia?*
    This Bezzera made machine is exclusively sold in Australia by Di Bartoli and has been renamed to "Di Bartoli Magica". Firstly launched in December last year, it has been received very well in our community, as it represents a great value of excellent performance, good looks, quality built and an affordable price tag.

    The Di Bartoli Magica has undergone a thorough testing period prior to its launch, as we wanted to ensure the machines standards meet similar standards to its brand. Initially, our very first demo unit had a high pitch sound which was found to be a result of a specific opv valve used. This problem has been rectified by requesting a change of the opv valve which has eliminated that squeaking sound altogether.

    In addition, like many machines we see coming out of Italy, our demo unit was set up to 12 bar of pressure . With further testing we have found that setting it to 9.5-10 bar of pressure in relation to the restrictors installed in the group head and the Australian coffee standards, it does provide the best environment for maximizing coffee flavours. Based on our request, the machine is coming now with Di Bartoli specs and is tested both in the factory and in our service centre prior to dispatch.

    The Di Bartoli Magica is now sold in a reduced End of Financial Year price. You can find images, specs, price or shop online right here!*

    Ofra

    *

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Moorooka
    Posts
    57

    Re: Bezzera Magica

    Very Happy CSer here,

    Just upgraded my Bezzera BZ02 for a Bezzera Magica. Just have to be patient while the Magica is being prepared for me to pickup.

    Really cant thank the team from Barazi enough for the excellent trade in deal I got for my BZ02 to sweeten the upgrade. A big thank you to Di Bartoli for the awesome price and answering all the questions I had. Looking foward to the Di Bartoli fun pack when it arrives. Mighty fine that I am able to pickup my Magica from Barazi (will save a lot on freight).

    Thanks again, cant wait to pick my new machine.

    :D

    Kenny M

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Di_Bartoli View Post
    Hi uncle vinnie,

    Were surprised to hear of your machine being set up to 12 bar of pressure. Has it been purchased in Australia?*
    This Bezzera made machine is exclusively sold in Australia by Di Bartoli and has been renamed to "Di Bartoli Magica". Firstly launched in December last year, it has been received very well in our community, as it represents a great value of excellent performance, good looks, quality built and an affordable price tag.

    The Di Bartoli Magica has undergone a thorough testing period prior to its launch, as we wanted to ensure the machines standards meet similar standards to its brand. Initially, our very first demo unit had a high pitch sound which was found to be a result of a specific opv valve used. This problem has been rectified by requesting a change of the opv valve which has eliminated that squeaking sound altogether.

    In addition, like many machines we see coming out of Italy, our demo unit was set up to 12 bar of pressure . With further testing we have found that setting it to 9.5-10 bar of pressure in relation to the restrictors installed in the group head and the Australian coffee standards, it does provide the best environment for maximizing coffee flavours. Based on our request, the machine is coming now with Di Bartoli specs and is tested both in the factory and in our service centre prior to dispatch.

    The Di Bartoli Magica is now sold in a reduced End of Financial Year price. You can find images, specs, price or shop online right here!*

    Ofra

    *
    Hi Ofra, I got a bezzera giulia and it too made high pitch sound when i adjust the OPV valve which expel water back to the water tank.

    Please share what is the restrictor to the group you are mentioning? It seems its not as simple as turning the nut on the 12 Bar OPV.

    Thanks
    degaulle likes this.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27th February 2013, 10:27 PM
  2. Thoughts on Bezzera Magica vs other E61 machines?
    By alanc in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th January 2013, 11:54 AM
  3. VBM Junior versus Bezzera Magica
    By gazing_south in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th September 2012, 08:07 PM
  4. new bezzera help
    By talbashan in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th December 2006, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •