Thread: Bezzera BZ99S DE - Volumetric not working

Bezzera BZ99S DE - Volumetric not working

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Whilst Im waiting for a reply from Di Bartoli on my problem, I thought someone on here might have some ideas to try.

My BZ99 worked perfectly this morning, but when I went to make a coffee this afternoon, none of the touch pads would work, and I noticed that the boiler pressure gauge was at zero. The only thing working was the yellow light in the on/off switch.

I removed the water tank and filled it with descaling solution to just over the tank-empty detectors. I let it soak for awhile, then rinsed it out, reinstalled and filled with water, but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas of anything else I can try?

cheers

Re: Bezzera BZ99S DE - Volumetric not working

Quote Originally Posted by 372433322035282D24410 link=1333092181/0#0 date=1333092181
    Whilst Im waiting for a reply from Di Bartoli on my problem, I thought someone on here might have some ideas to try.

My BZ99 worked perfectly this morning, but when I went to make a coffee this afternoon, none of the touch pads would work, and I noticed that the boiler pressure gauge was at zero. The only thing working was the yellow light in the on/off switch.

I removed the water tank and filled it with descaling solution to just over the tank-empty detectors. I let it soak for awhile, then rinsed it out, reinstalled and filled with water, but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas of anything else I can try?

cheers

My 1st and pretty much only thought is the control box

KK

Site Sponsor

Hi David;

Machine is not working at all, can you do the followes:

1. Disconnect machine from main power wall for 30 secconds (this is to re start the control board). Your three lights from the touch pad should light as the machine start.
    2. Empty the water tank and re fill it with tap water (this machine works with a sensor on the water tank, if you water have not enough mineral the sensor on the tank will read as you do not have any water and the machine will not work)
    3. Unplug the machine, take out the water tank and check if the wire (located on the left site of the machine is well connected) By memory this wire is orange/yellow

If any of this are not working will suggest to take it to your local service tek.

Regards

Renzo
    PS could be the board, could be the water, could be the touch pad, could be the swith and could be a losse wire

Quote Originally Posted by 6A4E474744447E6A4E524C4E210 link=1333092181/1#1 date=1333103229
    My 1st and pretty much only thought is the control box
    It turned out to be a 240v to 12v transformer. Not something youd expect to fail in just under 2 years in a pointy end machine.* :(

Unfortunately transformers like these come out of China/Taiwan and when placed in a high heat environment its only a matter of time before they fail.

I see it happen all the time - even the most high end hardware will come with a cheap transformer ie. Sunny or Delta Electronics because its getting harder to buy transformers elsewhere.