Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bezzera BZ35e Project / Refurbish

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by BingoFox View Post
    I have the same machine....I turn it on and i only get the power indicator light, the machine actually doesnt start up : IE : the boiler doesnt start filling and i have no other functions .. Purchased a new relay today, but yet to install it.... I sort of flying blind as I'm not that good with electrical...All othersystems in the machine seem fine, so i'm just going thru a process of elimination to find the fault .... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ??
    According to what your saying you could possibly have an issue with the computer module, which is something I hope for your sake is not faulty. If you are not hearing the relay 'Click' at turn on it could be either a faulty switching relay or a faulty module. I'm not to sure of how the process works in regards to the computer but I'm thinking out aloud here.

Do you hear the pump prime up on start up or anything at all? What if you press the single or double cup buttons?

-Brendon

No nothing at all Brendon...(btw thanks for your reply). I have the new relay here, will try in over the weekend and let you know

..OOOOPS .... and I seem to have lost the photos i took of how the relay was wired ....I have all my other pics just not that one

Searching the web ... Not much help there ..

Brendon you didnt happen to photograph yours did you ?
    Can anyone help with a wiring diagram...??

Quote Originally Posted by BingoFox View Post
    ..OOOOPS .... and I seem to have lost the photos i took of how the relay was wired ....I have all my other pics just not that one

Searching the web ... Not much help there ..

Brendon you didnt happen to photograph yours did you ?
    Can anyone help with a wiring diagram...??
    Yes I did indeed take photo's of the wiring. I'm not too sure what your exactly after so I'll give you a couple photos of all the wires I can see

Hope this helps for you mate. Let me know if you need anything else.

-Brendon

IMG_1022 (Small).JPGIMG_1025 (Small).JPGIMG_1021 (Small).JPG

ohh the 2nd pic is the one i need...Thanks Brendon..I'll let you know

Great job Brendogs, are you i Sydney, and if so, where did you get the chroming done?
    Hows it running now?

Nah I'm in Melbourne Personality_Juice, the machine is working fine. All functions have worked as should but after I installed it into the kitchen I initially made some pretty un drinkable coffee and put it down to lack of experience. Over a month or so the coffee improved 10 fold although I got to a point where I've been unsatisfied with the results. I've had some really beautiful tasting coffee's around Melbourne and I love the taste of all the different flavours you can get out of beans with the nutty and berry flavours. I have not been able to get any of these flavours out of my machine and I have been quite concerned lately.

I've now started doing some tests and got a pressure gauge to read the group head pressure which I connected to my group handle and found that the pressures were at an acceptable 9.5 bar pressure. I have just been frustrated and taken it to a local coffee technician to measure all possible scenarios. Possibly getting too hot, high boiler pressure, wrong pump pressure or a faulty thermostat. I don't know hopefully he sorts it out and when I receive it back next I hope he fixed it because I'm dying to get these results in the cup!!!

I'll keep you posted, but other then that the restoration has worked amazingly and she just needs a little tweaking!

-Brendon

Cool, great looking job you've done.

There's always tweaking to be done, on machinery or technique.
    Enjoy the journey!

Just a quick question and please tell me if I'm being a total idiot but here's something that I was wondering myself.

I recently got an old Izzo Alex single boiler HX. Apart from being an E61 group head, a lot of the principal and piping of the machine is quite similar to the BZ35. I did a descale with it and flushed the boiler completely and I must say it's improved dramatically, however there is still a lot of scale in the boiler (or so I imagine).

I'm lazy and I really dont feel like pulling apart the entire machine to get the scale out of the boiler.

Now here's the dodgy part.
    Is it possible to remove the water level sensor or at least disconnect it from the boiler or bypass it somehow, then open the steam and how water valve and run the pump into the boiler until it technically fills completely with dissolved descaler from the tank. Now since the hot water tap and steam arm valves are open, there shouldn't be any risk of damaging the boiler due to too much pressure? In theory you should also be able to use the pump pressure to push descaler into the steam pipe and arm as well. once full, close the taps and rest to descale over night. Afterwards, open the drainage hole at the bottom of the tank, empty into a container and repeat the above process with fresh water once or twice thus cleaning the boiler completely.

It sounds dodgy I know, so please feel free to tell me how wrong I am. But along those lines, does anyone know a simpler way to descale a large tanked domestic HX machine without a complete disassembly?

You can do that (unplug the sensor) but put a tea towel around the antivac valve as descaler will come out of there, possibly before any comes out of the steam or water arms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12