Thread: BFC Junior: Intermittent powering on?

BFC Junior: Intermittent powering on?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Gday all, Im tyring to diagnose a problem for a friend with a BFC Junior (about 5yr old). The issue is that it wont always turn on. When it fails to turn on and the machine is tilted over about 10 it comes on and operates normally. The last service that it had a few months ago the pressure switch and control board/water level auto-fill regulator were replaced as it wasnt holding pressure. The only thing that I could think of that would be affected by tilting would be the water level probe? Hes taken it back to the service people and each time they cannot duplicate the problem. Anybody with other ideas?

Thanks, Andrew :)

Re: BFC Junior: Intermittent powering on?

None without the opportunity of playing with it to get it to duplicate the problem ;)

Is it left on 24/7 or only when someone wants to use it?

You could take it elsewhere? Are you taking it to people located in the Valley? If so I can suggest someone else......this isnt rocket science.

Push the tank down hard onto the pressure plate and see if it fires up?

Quote Originally Posted by 1A2E392F34031F333A3A39395C0 link=1338170613/1#1 date=1338176918
    Is it left on 24/7 or only when someone wants to use it?

You could take it elsewhere? Are you taking it to people located in the Valley? If so I can suggest someone else......this isnt rocket science.
    Not on 24/7 only during the day.

Valley? Yes he took it to a place in Fortitude Valley, not sure of the place, Id have to ask him. What/where is another place to take it?
    Looking at the wiring and hydraulic diagrams it seems quite simple like you said, but I get very nervous around 240V* :o

It appears to have two water level probes in the boiler, does the control check the resistance across them for the water level?

Quote Originally Posted by 2E353F37033E3332385C0 link=1338170613/2#2 date=1338178733
    Push the tank down hard onto the pressure plate and see if it fires up?
    The micro switch for the water tanks seems to be working correctly, ie: if you lift the tank it shuts off and comes back on again when replaced (no pushing down required) but I will ask him to check this to make sure.

Thanks, Andrew :)

Im not familiar with the BFC junior but just as a test to confirm or rule out the water level sensors if like my brugnetti its easy to do, disconnect the wires which connect to the sensors on either side of the water tank and connect them together using a joiner. This by passes the water sensors and the machine always thinks there is enough water so be carefull not to run it dry

If the machine works properly with the by pass you know where the problem is.
    Oh and make sure the machine is unplugged if you try this*

Check your PMs omy.