Thread: New Machine and Grinder advice

New Machine and Grinder advice

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi to all fellow coffee snobs out there :)
    Thanks for the warm welcome to the site.
    I am a recent newbie to the site and this is my first post, please go easy on me. This is a request for advice which you probably would have heard several times over, so I would appreciate your patience.
    I currently own a Bre--le 800es machine and De Longhi KG100 grinder which was purchased earlier this year 2012.
    Would a machine and grinder for the sum of approx $2000 be a noticable upgrade from my current set up (experience permitting) ? Why would this be so? I need a good argument to release the necessary funds, if you know what I mean ;)
    I would be very grateful if you could provide me with 2 or three models of each machine and grinder or packages, which you would consider good value for money in my circumstances.

Kind Regards

Fish.

Re: New Machine and Grinder advice

Welcome to CS.

Take a look here:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1340452495 especially at the second last reply which is Ben and Faiths new set up.

To put it into perspective in a minimal way, the answer to your question "...Would a machine and grinder for the sum of approx $2000 be a noticable upgrade from my current set up (experience permitting) ? Why would this be so? I need a good argument to release the necessary funds....", can be seen in Bens photos, and can also be "cupped" in your mouth when you are up and running with your new set up.*

The set up seen in Bens photos will cost you a bit more than your stated budget primarily because of the grinder, but*I have it on good authority that there are still a small number of pre end of fin year stock take sale price BFC / Diadema Junior machines left.* You can come "close enough" to your stated budget then with one of our Junior machines mated to* one of the smaller less expensive grinders (than the one shown in the photos), and it will represent unbelievably good value for money.

I believe I just ticked all your boxes :) and I hope that helps.

Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor

Re: New Machine and Grinder advice

Hi Fish,

Welcome to CS!

I concur with Attilio. I just got an EOFY deal for exactly $2000 which included a Diadema Junior Semi-Auto and a Compak k3 Push (which Im selling as I have another griner already)* which is a great pairing and with just a bit of time and fresh beans would best what you are producing at the moment by a long way.

I consider this package unbeatable at this price (Google for pricing and reviews).

The EOFY was officially over on 30 June, but no harm emailing Chris from Talk Coffee and Attilio from Cosmorex* and seeing what they can do for you!

Hope you find what youre looking for!
    Ben