Thread: Noob confusion on isomac tea start up and finish procedure

Noob confusion on isomac tea start up and finish procedure

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have seen two different sets of instructions for the isomac tea and have also read that the instructions that come with the machine aren't very good.

What should I do upon start up and switching off to "pressurize". Also what bar pressure should the machine show when I am not pulling a shot? When I first bought it plugged it in and heated up the boiler it read 9 bar but now it sits between 1 and 2 bar pressure when I am not pulling a shot. Is this a problem. The machine does go to 9 bar when I am pulling a shot.

And finally I would like to know what I have to do to ensure that milk doesn't get sucked up into the boiler which kind of scares me.

when you switch on your Tea II give it 20-30mins to get brew group up to a stable temperature, sometimes the gauges aren't very accurate. As far as 'pressurising' goes the machine builds up boiler pressure as it heats up and when you use water the boiler it will top itself up.
    Give the machine some cleaning flushes with a blind basket in your portatiler at the end of each brewing day to keep screen and group area clean and a chemical flush occasionally to clean up the buildup of oils inside the group.
    When you steam milk always purge the wand before and after steaming and wipe the wand immediately after steaming to remove milk from the wand.
    Once you get accustomed to your new machine you should be pulling some great shots and pouring lovely textured milk--enjoy........................
    cheers
    gman

Are you mixing up the gauges ?
    The "Boiler " gauge should never read 9 bar. It should only read 1 -1.3 bar .. when the machine is up to temperature..
    The "brew" or pump Pressure gauge is the one which will read "0" until you start pulling a shot, then it should increase progressively up to around 9 bar.
    As greenman said, you should not have to do anything when you switch it on, it should come up to working temp and pressure all by itself.

Sorry yes I mean the pump pressure gauge. By the way I just noticed that it is sitting on 9.5 when I pull a shot. Is this acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by FineGrind View Post
    Sorry yes I mean the pump pressure gauge. By the way I just noticed that it is sitting on 9.5 when I pull a shot. Is this acceptable?
    9.5 on the gauge is probably very close to 9bar at the puck which is perfectly acceptable.

You'll find that it's not going to go much past 9.5 bar. There's an OPV inside your machine which bleeds excess water pressure.

1.2~1.3 bar on the other gauge sounds about right. It'll drop once you open up the steam wand, but this refers to the pressure in the boiler.

Watch the videos here for a general overview of everything - the cleaning and maintenance will explain the whole concept of backflushing.

How to Make Coffee - Coffee Machine Steam Grinders Makers Commercial Domestic Italian Automatic