Thread: Thoughts on the Lelit PL60T? Comparisons to Diadema Junior/BES900?

Thoughts on the Lelit PL60T? Comparisons to Diadema Junior/BES900?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there,

Just wondering what are people's thoughts on and experiences with the Lelit PL60T?
    I've watched the video from Jetblack Espresso where 6 coffees are made and I was impressed.
    However, there isn't a great deal of information about this machine.

Does anyone know how it compares to the Diadema Junior Semi Auto or the BES900?

I currently have a Sunbeam 6910 and Macap MXA grinder.
    I'm looking to move the 6910 to the office pairing it with the em0480 and getting a new machine for home.
    I usually have 2-3 milk coffees per day and cater for our bible study once a week with about 6-8 coffees manily milk based.
    I'd like to have the flexibility to use it at small/medium sized church events 10-30 people.

Thanks for your time.

Liam

Hello there.

The BFC/Diadema Junior is a semi commercial heat exchanger machine and will handle your stated requirements with one hand tied behind its back!

Hope that helps.

Personally, I like the Lelit, cute as a button, and by all accounts, solid and well built. If I had the need for a second machine, I would take a good look at it - got everything you might need: DB, PID, small, only 11kg, easy to move about, and a good work horse. But you can also make a good case for the Diadema and Breville. I don't know how well the Breville travels, it might be happier staying put, but then you might like that it's packed with electronics, a big draw card for many. Diadema is a classy machine, with a fine reputation. All up, it's a difficult call since each of those machines would meet your requirements.

Thanks for your input, Fresh_Coffee and Bernsbrew.

So it would be fair to say so far that:

* the Diadema will perform better than the Lelit and the BES900 but all will do what I need.

* the Lelit would be easiest to move around.

Site Sponsor
    hmmm ... the PL60T DB Lelit in the red corner versus the Diadema Junior E61 HX in the blue corner

I guess we could clear a space on Saturday and let them go at it

Do we count heat up time or do we let them "warm up" first?

charlie

Thanks Charlie.

Happy to be wrong!

Sounds like the Lelit is quicker on the heat up time.

I'd love to hear how the matchup goes!

one thing I dont think I like about the Lelit is the porta filter is an odd size and I dont know if the 58mm size fit, ie you have to buy a basket or a tamper to fit the Lelit and a lot of places that sell these items tend to stock the 58mm size which will fit a lot of other machines. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by tonym1 View Post
    one thing I dont think I like about the Lelit is the porta filter is an odd size and I dont know if the 58mm size fit, ie you have to buy a basket or a tamper to fit the Lelit and a lot of places that sell these items tend to stock the 58mm size which will fit a lot of other machines. JMHO
    Lelit (57mm) Filter Baskets are not difficult to acquire, neither are top-notch Tampers to suit. How many Filter Baskets do you actually need anyway? They're not the sort of thing that wears out in five minutes and I never found the 57mm Double to be any kind of slouch in the performance stakes either. Holds between 16-18g of coffee depending on coffee variables and produces wonderful shots so long as the nut holding the handle does his or her bit....

Mal.