Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Lelit PL60T V2

V2 Changes from the original version:

• 58mm Filter baskets rather than 57mm
    • 400ml brew boiler rather than 250ml
    • Dual brew/steam pressure gauge
    • Shorter body

Specs in summary:
    • Dual boiler machine for simultaneous brew & steam with PID control of brew water temperature
    • Made: Italy
    • Full stainless steel body
    • Brew Boiler: 400ml brass
    • Steam Boiler: 400ml stainless steel
    • Ball jointed steam wand
    • 9BAR OPV
    • Tank capacity: 3.5 litres
    • Brew boiler element: 1000W
    • Steam boiler element: 1200W
    • Filter basket: 58mm
    • Net Weight 11 kg

Stock has arrived and will be with your authorised Lelit dealer within the next few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JetBlack_Espresso; 29th November 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Ahh !, very nice..it seems to tick all the box's

dual boilers ( no Thermoblocks!)
    PID control
    58mm group
    Brew pressure gauge
    Solid SS construction
    Big tank capacity
    Clean , classic design
    Compact and light enough to be portable..

very nice ! ... but i think (hope ) you have posted it in the wrong forum ??

Nah right forum, pretty sure these machines retail around $1800 unfortunately.

Looks good though. Nice to see Lelit move away from the 57mm PF.

TC
    Ours is now on our demo bench.

Nice improvements on the original P60T and nice to see that pricing is the same. For mine, this is the entry level all rounder for those who do not want Brevbeam...

TC
    To update this thread, the P60T V2 became part #2 of our holiday coffee setup...

We started with a Domobar Junior and a nameless test grinder (which I killed in a day). The grinder was replaced by a super jolly-e and then the P60T has been on duty for our long weekend in Melbourne..

The P60T/SJ-E was by far the best combination I had the opportunity to use over the week of the break and and our coffee was excellent over the entire weekend.

CS'ers shopping in the $1.5k-$2k really should shortlist this machine as it offers incredible bang for buck and in my opinion will give any machine under $2.5k and many over that one serious run for their money.

I knew the P60T V2 was one great little machine. Now I know just how great it is!

Ours returns to our demo bench with a few more shots on the clock now

Chris

Hi Chris,

This is my first post......yay for me!!
    My wife and I drink mainly lattes with the occasional espresso
    I am looking at getting an espresso machine and the Lelit P60T V2 looks like it will do the job but I have a few questions.
    Roughly how many lattes could it make in a row before needing recovery time? (We occasionally have dinner parties where up to 10 would be made)
    From what I can see, it does not look like the Lelit P60T V2 has steam control (lever or twist knob) only an on/off flick switch. How important is it to have control over the steam output? When is it necessary to have control over how much steam comes out?

Thanks

Tim

TC
    Hi Tim and welcome

I have replied to your PM.

Cheers

Chris

Do you still have to prime the boiler on this machine like you do for the single boiler machines when you turn on the machine and after you steam or does it have autofill for the water top up.

Just turn it on, wait 15 mins or so until it is up to heat and extract and steam away. No priming necessary. Very easy and somewhat foolproof to use.

They are a great machine and great value.

bxp
    I'm liking the look of this machine. Is 15 min wait time about standard for a machine like this? I'm thinking to just use an electrical timer so it's already ready to go when I get up.

Quote Originally Posted by adjiland View Post
    Do you still have to prime the boiler on this machine like you do for the single boiler machines when you turn on the machine and after you steam or does it have autofill for the water top up.
    Appears to be autofill according to the Lelit site specs - Espresso - Professional espresso machines - Gemme Italian Producer - Made in italy

Quote Originally Posted by adjiland View Post

No it will autofill both the brew boiler and steam boiler

Quote Originally Posted by bxp View Post
    I'm liking the look of this machine. Is 15 min wait time about standard for a machine like this? I'm thinking to just use an electrical timer so it's already ready to go when I get up.
    15-20 mins is fine. The brew boiler is bolted to the group so leave the PF loosely in the group and it will warm up nicely too

Mine arrived on Tuesday and I am loving it.
    It is pretty much foolproof to use, I'm currently on dayshift so my current morning routine is basically wake up, turn on machine, have shower, pour coffee into travel mug and go to work. Half an hour to an hour later coffee is finished and all I want to do is go home and pour another.

Hi Speedy... I have a question for you please... my present machine is a single boiler unit, ( VBM Domobar Levetta ) with high pressure steaming capacity. I am looking at possibly upgrading to a new two boiler machine, and was drawn to the Lelit.
    Can you please advise on the steaming quality (ie pressure, and steam dryness) of your PL60T V2. Thanks a lot.

Trevorbeans

Thought I might answer some of your question. I have a PL60T and have pimped it by adding the dual pressure gauge, much better. Steam pressure is about 2.5 Bar, while pouring it doesnt go below 1 bar.
    I steam 450 ml milk almost every time for two lattes for the wife and me. Works well,I just purge steam wand while grinding and its good to go for steaming while the brewings going on. Great machines. Just upgraded to a Mazer Mini, awesom.

SeanBevenPhotography-2.jpg
    Lelit have a PL62 shown below which looks very interesting as well.
    Regards Sean

picc_per_gamma_pl62 con logo.jpg

Thanks Sean for your comments.

Just for interest, is your Lelit a PL60T or PL60v2? ...More importantly, do you find it limiting in any way just having a toggle switch to activate/de-activate the milk steaming function rather than the ability to vary the pressure?

Yes, the Mazzer Mini is a nice little grinder...I have been using one for the last 8 years at the Church caf'e.

Regards, Trevor.

Pl60t

HI Trevor,

Mine is a PL60T but I really wanted a dual pressure gauge, so while I was looking for some I discovered a new version of my machine so to make it simple I just purchased that gauge and fit it. My brew boiler is 250ml I believe and the new one is 400ml. Otherwise very similar. I was going to upgrade again to an Alex Duetto 3, but couldnt justify the cost vs improvement at this time so I decided to upgrade the gauge and get a better grinder. This will do for a while longer, OIC homefront would not be to pleased if I wanted a new one now :-)
    I went from a Gaggia Classic to the lelit so I never really noticed a real difference in operation for the steam. Was a bit odd at first flicking a switch but the steam pressure and duration improvement was fantastic compared to the little Gaggia single boiler. Once the wand is submerged i hit the switch and ease it up, no real drama at all, but for a year now I have been terrible at trying to get latte art. More my technique perhaps :-)
    I think the grinder upgrade is better value, from a Iberital Challange to the Mazer Mini. One day I will have an Alex, I think they look fantastic. but a ways off. Im just finishing off my coffee roaster, this will be the next steep learning curve. Thanks to Koffee Kosmo for some advice and ideas should be ready by this week end, beans from Bean Bay are inbound.

The next step

Regards Sean

edit: one thing I would really like is a dual walled steam wand so the milk doesn't stick to it. Thats my only gripe.
    Last edited by Sean881; 9th July 2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Additional info

Hi Sean...

Thanks for the additional information. I'm weighing up whether to go down either the Lelit PL60Tv2 route, or Diadema Junior Plus Semi- auto. The trouble is that here in Adelaide, and I guess where you live also, we just can't walk into a supplier/s and pick our choice from a complete range of coffee equipment!

Regards, Trevor

Sorry Trevor I only just saw your comments.

As for steam on the V2 I have had no issues, on my machine I have steamed up to 500ml of milk at one time and I have never seen the pressure gauge drop below 2 bar while steaming. Quality of the steam is good you just need to purge the wand immediately prior to steaming as it builds up condensation quite quickly.

I'm actually in the south east of SA down at Millicent so I know what you mean about not being able to walk into a store and get hands on prior to purchase.

Anyway goodluck with whichever machine you choose.

Cheers
    Speedy

Thanks Speedy...sounds a great machine, and seems good value for the money!

I'd be happy to keep the Levetta, but have to purge the steam wand for two minutes or more after pressing the steam switch in order to get nice dry steam. Just had it descaled, cleaned and adjusted, and it is no better than before!

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who could give me a fix on the above, if it exists!

Thanks again.

Regards, Trevor.

Can anyone recommend a place - online or brick and mortar shop where I can get Lelit PL60T for reasonable price? I don't want to waste my time and money with all those RRP (imagery inflated price) shops.

Quote Originally Posted by expressoway View Post
    Can anyone recommend a place - online or brick and mortar shop where I can get Lelit PL60T for reasonable price? I don't want to waste my time and money with all those RRP (imagery inflated price) shops.
    send the sponsors an email http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/2...-sponsors.html

Melb - Talkcoffee
    Syd - JetBlack

Do not waste your time looking anywhere else (unless it is another site sponsor!)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterDErrico View Post
    Melb - Talkcoffee
    Syd - JetBlack

Do not waste your time looking anywhere else (unless it is another site sponsor!)
    Why is that? Technically it doesn't bother me if it not a "site sponsor". I am after good price for the machine.
    Is that only shop in Sydney? Hmm.. It doesn't look like many options..

Regardless, you'll be hard pressed to find a better price than JetBlack
    Lelit PL60T V2 Dual Boiler

I'd recommend buying one sooner than waisting too much time looking for a considerably lower price - you'll miss out on great coffee. I'm loving mine; just downed my fourth espresso today, three of them perfect shots. I've also made another four shots for others today so I am going through about a kilo a week and the Lelit has no trouble with this amount. It gets to 92 degrees in five minutes, no joke! Portafilter takes another five minutes to get up to temp and then she's ready for pulling shots. I turn it on before m shower each morning and then it's ready to go as soon as I'm dressed. My two year old now watches me take my first sip each morning and exlaims "mmm, coffee!" when she sees the smile creep across my face.

What is the actual Lelit P60t V2? I can't see the "V2" version on original Lelit website... Just curious where this machine came from?

Site Sponsor
    The PL60T V2 was created when we came up with a wish list of enhancements to the original PL60T. The PL60PLUST listed on the Lelit website has most (possibly all but I'm not sure) of these improvements.

charlie

I have purchased one of these recentlly and am loving the coffee. However, its my first espresso machine and I cannot work out how to backflush it. I wonder if anyone can give me some instructions. I have the blind basket and the powder but installing that and turning it on does not result in any output. Am I doing the wrong thing? i would hate to break this lovely machine.

Site Sponsor
    Hi Robyn,

There should have been backflushing instructions in the box. I've emailed you a copy now,

charlie

Hi All,
    As mentioned elsewhere I've just picked up one of these from JetBlack for a steal, Deb was a pleasure to deal with from interstate too.

So as is always the case with me, what modifications or improvements would be worthwhile (after warranty period ends) to make a great machine even better.

Basically, are the boilers thermally insulated from the surrounding components at all or well enough? for both the longevity of the machine and more stable boiler temps.
    Are the vibe pumps insulated on rubber mounting well enough and not in contact with other parts of the machine so it operates as quietly as possible?
    Are the chassis panels and doors heavy enough gauge steel that they don't rattle/ vibrate? and do they also have a tendency to resonate and could benefit from some heavy butyl rubber sound deadening.

Also, mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate section/ thread if desired