Thread: Bezzera BZ35 Warmup issue.

Bezzera BZ35 Warmup issue.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    To me this is most likely a problem with the anti-vac/safety-valve but your input would be appeciated (especially as it costs around $100 for a replacement for parts alone).

When the machine is warming up from cold and waiting for the heat light to go off it appears to only warm a small amount of water. I'm basing this on:

1. Only a small amount of steam is possible before the unit goes back into heading or..
    2. A very small amount of not quite boiling water appears.

I've also notice on one occasion that the pump runs until I open the steam valve at which point after a few seconds it stops - i'm assuming releasing the air lets water into the tank and fill up-to the sensor.

Lastly... I've noticed that even before remotely hot if I open the steam valve a little pressure has occured.

To get around this I simply open the steam valve briefly a couple of times during the warmup. After that it works great.

Are your thoughts the same as mine? the lack of anti vac is causing the boiler to operate initially without sufficient water or is there something else untoward?

Regards,

Atomic.

TC
    Anti-vac I think. It should be more like $25, not $100.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I was under the impression it was a combined single safety/anti-vac assembly. I'll check further.

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicGrog View Post
    Thanks Chris,

I was under the impression it was a combined single safety/anti-vac assembly. I'll check further.
    Ahh yes- could well be. If so it will be more exxy. Coffeeparts has them.

Atomic,

When I was building my Bezzera BZ35e (they share the same innards apart from the control panel) I had a similar problem. The combined safety/anti-vac would not get back into position after cooling due to a sticky steel ball. Peter from CS advised me to use some silicone lubricant onto the ball and the problem was solved. You would need to disassemble the valve, lubricate it and it should be OK(fingers crosssed).

Cheers,
    John

Bezzera BZ35 Warmup issue.

Thanks John. To be honest when I took it apart it was so crudded up I just bought another.

Problem solved apart from a scare with the heat exchange between the boiler and group head, it appeared to be leaking which I couldn't fathom. Tired out to be some trapped fluids trying to escape. Once gone it all settled down.

Change has been remarkable, as would make sense it takes longer to build u pressure but when it does its full on.

Have to say that I'm not overly impressed with the espressos it produces, after using an E61 it seem ver sub par. Will be looking to out it and get a volumetric E61 sometime Q1 or Q2.

I am very happy with mine and the results it produces.I paired the machine a beast of a grinder - Anfim Super Lusso and I believe the results are also down to the quality of my ground.

What I like most, apart from the built quality an temp stability, is the need of a very short flush before pulling a shot. Unlike the classic E61 machines (I used to have a Fracino Heavenly, a beast for steam but needed very long flush to get the temperature right), which are overheating, unless you find some of the recently improved ones.

Cheers,
    John