Thread: new Diadema Unico Splendor

new Diadema Unico Splendor

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I bought a new Diadema Unico Splendor less than a week ago, and for me, it was like upgrading from a clapped out Daewoo to a classic Alfa Romeo. Think classic RWD Alfa sports car - not the current crop of FWD Alfas.

I've read and heard a lot about texturising and stretching milk and creating micro froth/bubbles etc. To me, it all sounded like a load of 'wine tasting'. That was, until last night.

I made a bog standard flat white. After steaming the generic Woolies-brand standard milk, I poured it over a double-shot, with minimal froth on the top. Nothing fancy.

First sip - WOW!!

Right to the very last drop it was the smoothest, silkiest flat white I think I've ever had. It was liquid velvet. I get it. Those micro bubbles make all the difference, but now I'm sounding like one of those wine taster dropkicks.

For an unskilled person like me to produce a fantastic flat white like that says volumes about the machine that produced it. All I have to do now, is to repeat, repeat, repeat at the same or better standard.

Cheers.

Congratulations on the new machine and welcome to Coffee Snobs Jupp, heard lots of good things re the Unico Splendor, enjoy it.

Welcome to the club. What grinder are you using?