Thread: Jura Z5 (Gen 1)

Jura Z5 (Gen 1)

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

Been a long time since I posted here. Been lurking about the sale threads biding my time until I can pick up a nice Giotto or similar.

I bought a secondhand from my company I work for when they relocated their office. They were offering it for sale so I picked it up at a good price. It is a (Gen 1 I think) Jura Z5 with the aluminium front on it. Includes the electric milk cooler unit on the side. I have been told it was a 2006 model. From memory the coffee counts on it was ~5000 cappucinos, and a few hundred of the others it makes. So its seen a bit of use, great condition and works well. Scrubbed it and cleaned all of the bits and bobs, changed the water filter etc. and it looks nice.

My question is around what the machine is worth on the secondhand market? I will admit I didnt really need to buy it, and I prefer the flavour from my little manual machine anyway.

Any advice is appreciated. I dont mean to turn this machine over for a profit, but I dont need 2 machines and I would ultimately prefer to trade it (and my little Gaggia Classic) for a big HX manual machine like a Giotto or similar.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott

I wouldn't try and get too much for it. I tried selling my Krups automatic machine which was a fairly expensive machine when it was new, couldn't even get $150 for it. People are just tight these days, especially when they know the machine has had a fair bit of use.
    With the statistics you've mentioned, you could put maybe $300-400 on it? Being that it's a decent brand and looks good you might get some interest. I'd say that you're open to offers on it though. How much did you buy it for?
    Some other used Jura automatics (newer than this one though) are still fetching up to $1000 from what i can see.

Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    I wouldn't try and get too much for it. I tried selling my Krups automatic machine which was a fairly expensive machine when it was new, couldn't even get $150 for it. People are just tight these days, especially when they know the machine has had a fair bit of use.
    With the statistics you've mentioned, you could put maybe $300-400 on it? Being that it's a decent brand and looks good you might get some interest. I'd say that you're open to offers on it though. How much did you buy it for?
    Some other used Jura automatics (newer than this one though) are still fetching up to $1000 from what i can see.
    Yeah, I paid about that for it. Not sure the exact price in the end as I bought a whole bunch of other stuff at the same time. Was around the $300 mark. So perhaps I only got a moderately good deal.... Oh well. Might try Gumtree and see if there are any bites or just mothball it until I have a use for it. Thanks for your reply.

-Scott

TOK
    On the contrary I would say 3 hundies for a machine in full operating condition with a new replacement cost of several thou is a pretty good deal, even if it is well used/.

The problem is not the price, its that used autos can be hard to sell, period, and right now isnt a good time to sell anything.....buyers market.