Thread: Buying advise for a returning Australian

Buying advise for a returning Australian

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey, Im looking for a little advise.
    I am an australian who is set to move back to sydney after seven years in the US and A
    While in New York i pickd up some pretty nice espresso equipment: a lever spring Bezzera Famiglia and a Mazzer super Jolly. I am very happy with the shots i get from this set up but its all 110V stuff so its going to be a pain to run it in Australia not to mention the cost of getting it all shipped back. So I have taken this opportunity to look into some possible upgrades, I am not sold on any partcular type of machine, but i do like the idea of being actively involved in the brewing process so fully auto machines are not my scene. I have done some looking around and have come up with a few possibilities and would welcome any feedback anyone here might have.
    •Vibiemme domobar super manual.
    •Expobar eb-61 lever
    •ECM Espressa old lady
    •Bezzera Domus Galatea
    If anyone could suggest anything else that is around this price range please let me know
    I am primarily interested in gtting the best espresso from the new setup, great milk foaming would be an added bonus but not absolutely essential
    cheers, Aaron

TC

Re: Buying advise for a returning Australian

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron link=1177783891/0#0 date=1177783891
    Hey, Im looking for a little advise.
    I am an australian who is set to move back to sydney after seven years in the US and A
    While in New York i pickd up some pretty nice espresso equipment: a lever spring Bezzera Famiglia and a Mazzer super Jolly. I am very happy with the shots i get from this set up but its all 110V stuff so its going to be a pain to run it in Australia not to mention the cost of getting it all shipped back. So I have taken this opportunity to look into some possible upgrades, I am not sold on any partcular type of machine, but i do like the idea of being actively involved in the brewing process so fully auto machines are not my scene. I have done some looking around and have come up with a few possibilities and would welcome any feedback anyone here might have.
    •Vibiemme domobar super manual.
    •Expobar eb-61 lever
    •ECM Espressa old lady
    •Bezzera Domus Galatea
    If anyone could suggest anything else that is around this price range please let me know
    I am primarily interested in gtting the best espresso from the new setup, great milk foaming would be an added bonus but not absolutely essential
    cheers, Aaron
    HI Aaron,

Both the Exbobar and ECM machines are popular choices in Australia. The only ECM machine in your price bracket available here is the Giotto Premium which is preferable IMO anyway as the wands are ball-jointed. I would expect that the internal build and specs of the old lady are pretty much identical to are superseeded Giotto classic.

We sell the ECM and Expobar and DiBartoli sell all of them I believe....Please feel free to make contact if I can assist...

Chris

I have also found the Bezzera BZ99 and the San Marino Compact as possible contenders but am still interested in everyones opinions, especially if there are any real dogs on my list.

What about Diadema? Sold by site sponsor with great after sales service.

Welcome Aaron.

I purchased the Expobar Leva from Chris back in August and like you wanted to be actively involved in the process. I also didnt want the added potential problem of additional electronics.

I have been extremely pleased with it since day 1.
    I also bought the Macap M5 to go with it. A solid good looking grinder that I doubt Ill ever need to replace.

So you cant go wrong dealing with Chris.

As for DiBartoli, I enjoy visiting Enzo and Ofra.
    They are great people.
    The shop is a good place to hang out with a coffee, look at and compare all the different machines etc.

They will also look after you as will all the sponsors.

Id consider a diadema , but i cant seem to find the prices listed on line anywhere? so i am unsure if i can afford one. The unico splendor is really really nice looking. (and sadly that does count for a lot with me)

Attilio at Cosmorex is the importer of Diadema. Spin him an email for pricing on Diademas.

Many thanks for your kind words Nunu.

Regardz,
    FC.

TC

I agree that Diadema machines represent terrific value for money and perform very, very well. *In my opinion, there is no better build quality.

Also, keep in mind that these machines are incredibly reliable. I am yet to have a single issue whatsoever with any Diadema machine I have sold. No doubt, Attilio has experienced similar reliability....

When you are sitting at home, and one month has elapsed and still no machine, reliability and build quality become very important as does your relationship with your supplier....

2mcm

Well said Chris.

Regardz,
    FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron link=1177783891/0#0 date=1177783891
    •Bezzera Domus Galatea
    I want one, I mean I really want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron link=1177783891/0#5 date=1177879866
    Id consider a diadema , but i cant seem to find the prices listed on line anywhere? so i am unsure if i can afford one. The unico splendor is really really nice looking. (and sadly that does count for a lot with me)
    I have one of these - Avatar gives it away. It is everything you could want great shots great milk foaming uber reliable and looks fantastic. I have had visitors come over who think that my 2yo machine is 30 - 50 yo it just looks like it has been there forever and harks back to when people built things to last. I really enjoy the manual lever operated side of the machine and the fact that it has a largish toggle switch as its only switch as well as only having two status lights. BTW I can recommend the service from Fresh Coffee at Cosmorex in Canberra for sales information patience while I worked through a number of machines right through to after sales assistance and machine specific training.