Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Seymoore72

Thread: Fiorenzato Bricoletta Volante or Vibieme Domobar Junior?

Fiorenzato Bricoletta Volante or Vibieme Domobar Junior?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All, this is my first post, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I'm finally upgrading my wee Breville BES820, which I've had a really good run with, to an E61 grouphead machine, but am having trouble deciding.

I thought I was sold on the Vibiemme Domobar Junior, but have just seen a good (read "cheaper") deal on the Fiorenzato Bricoletta Volante (Bricoletta Volante), but the trouble is that there don't seem to be many reviews on it.

The salesman was pretty convincing, stating that it pre-heats the water before it goes into the boiler, meaning the recovery time between shots is quick, although I have seen a Youtube video showing that I may need to "surf" for the right temperature before pulling a decent shot.

I know I will need a good grinder, which isn't a problem as I have a few in mind, but I guess I am looking for some reassurance before buying a "cheaper" unit that I'm not being led up the garden path and wasting my $$'s.

Has anybody got anything to say about the Fiorenzato that might sway me one way or the other?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome "Seymoore72"...

Out of interest mate, how old is the Bric' Volante you've been offered? New, or a trade-in?...
    That price published on the website seems very steep for an HX machine of that sort of spec'...

Mal.

Hey there,

That is a new price, although I'm not paying that. Closer to NZD$2500 with luck

Chris

G'day Chris...

Even at $2,500.00, that is nearly brand new price for Bezzera Magica and similar, a machine that is very well supported for parts, service and info. Might pay to have a look around before you commit your hard earned cash...

Mal.

Thanks Mal.
    So would the Bezzera Magica be a better machine? They don't look as easy to check out in a shop in NZ, but I'll look into it further.
    Chris

G'day again Chris...

Bezzera have an excellent name for quality, service and support; as do most of the top echelon machines. I was only presenting the Magica to you to give you some idea of what that spec' of machine should cost you. As it happens, yes, the Magica is an excellent machine; my son has one and it performs perfectly. I happen to have a Diadema that also performs perfectly, as machines at this level are all supposed to do. The VBM machine you mention is also an excellent performer mate, so it will probably come down to individual aesthetics in the end.

Anyway mate, why not have a gander through this thread to give you an idea of what might be out there in NZ. At least forewarned is forearmed, as they say...

Mal.

Thanks again Mal, that's given me a great place to check and research.

Chris
    Dimal likes this.