Thread: VBM Jnr Red Rubber Cushion Thing

VBM Jnr Red Rubber Cushion Thing

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My VBM Jnr is just over 1 year old and so I figured its time to inspect the steam and water valves cause my when my boiler heats up the steam valve leaks a bit. I brought the gasket kit for my steam and water valves which includes O-rings, and this red rubber cushion thing. I replaced a near failed O-ring which had a tear around the circumference on the steam valves. After this got replaced... no leaks and works better than before cause of all the food grade silicon I placed on the ball joint. Now it glides.

When I pulled apart the steam valve I couldn't find where this red rubber thing is. Does anyone know where this component should be during disassembling of the steam valves?

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by javatime View Post
    Does anyone know where this component should be during disassembling of the steam valves?
    See attached diagram. Note that valve grommets are not warranty items, they are wear items and if you're rough with them, their lifespan is dramatically reduced. Close just enough to create a seal and you will experience significantly better life from them.
    VBM valve and wands.jpg

Thanks for that. I did a check and all the seals are great including that red thing. The only seal near failure was no.11. The red seal only cops a beating when I let other people steam milk which is not often.