Thread: rocket double basket dosing?

rocket double basket dosing?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello everyone
    I have Rancilio Sylvia for last ~5 years, now thinking of "upgrade" - one of the options is Rocket Giotto.
    I had a look at it in store last week and noticed that it's double basket looks a lot deeper than the double basket on Silvia - I am using Synesso double basket in my case and the Rocket basket is deeper again, looks like 20% bigger than Synesso?

Any tips on the dosing for Rocket double basket?
    How many grams is ideal - low and high values?

I usually put 19-20 grams in my Synesso double (I weigh the beans every time).

What is best for Rocket double basket?

I drink double espressos exclusively.

thanks

I've noticed the E61 group head in my Domobar Jnr is more sensitive to over dosing than the Silvia or Dual Boiler, I think its because many of the E61's have a curved shower screen.
    I found with my 18g basket on my Domobar, I really want to only load it to 19g otherwise I disturb the surface of the puck and get channeling, at 18g the pucks are a little sloppy and run a bit quick.

Drew

I usually put 19-20 grams in my Synesso double (I weigh the beans every time). What is best for Rocket double basket?
    As a Rocket Giotto owner, the same: 19 - 20g. Take some scales with you next time you check it out (assuming it's in a shop)

thanks folks.